What kind of an opponent concerns you?

StatTiger

Lol, no I think that's the complete opposite of them this year! But I don't like uga and bammer match ups this year. That wr for uga Bennett has owned us and their defense is athletic enough sideline to sideline to cover ground. Hopefully they're not disciplined though

Bammer, we like to play alot of man to man one on one and that's just not good going against Cooper. Reggie ragland is one of the most athletic linebackers I've ever seen personally and they like wr screens and we don't play those that well for whatever reason

Yeah -- I think we manhandle aTm today. UGA's performance against UF is heartening. No doubt they'll come to play against us, though. They are pissed about last year. But I still think Bama is by far the worst matchup for us.

Of course they're "clicking", they played A&M and Tennessee.... Too much ESPN for you guys.

Agreed. I'm nervous about Alabama because I think they're the best remaining team on the schedule but they've only played 2 decent opponents this year - West Virginia and Ole Miss - and they are 1-1 in those games. Otherwise, they've gotten better as a team since the first few games but have padded stats against teams with big problems. Are they good? Absolutely. Are they as good as Auburn? I don't think so. We'll find out tomorrow and next week just how good they are. The main reason I'm nervous about the Alabama game is because it's on the road and we have played poorly on the road thus far (in terms of penalties and poise). On paper, we're better but in that environment, it becomes more of a toss-up unless we see a complete game on the road in Athens next week.

Agree except...the rednecks will destroy a BAD Lswho team. JMHO

Of course they're "clicking", they played A&M and Tennessee.... Too much ESPN for you guys.

Agreed. I'm nervous about Alabama because I think they're the best remaining team on the schedule but they've only played 2 decent opponents this year - West Virginia and Ole Miss - and they are 1-1 in those games. Otherwise, they've gotten better as a team since the first few games but have padded stats against teams with big problems. Are they good? Absolutely. Are they as good as Auburn? I don't think so. We'll find out tomorrow and next week just how good they are. The main reason I'm nervous about the Alabama game is because it's on the road and we have played poorly on the road thus far (in terms of penalties and poise). On paper, we're better but in that environment, it becomes more of a toss-up unless we see a complete game on the road in Athens next week.

Agree except...the rednecks will destroy a BAD Lswho team. JMHO

LSU is not the same team they were when they played Auburn. They have actually made some adjustments in personnel and scheme and it has made a difference. Now whether they can pull of the upset is another matter but at the very least it will be pretty good game I think. Sims is not nearly the same qb on the road that he is at home. You won't see the same kind of output you saw against TAMU.

Archived