I'm available to coach the D against bama

AUisAll

We have 3 DLs, 2 LBs, an 7 DBs.

We don't have anyone in our secondary who can cover Cooper. My suggestion is come with Safety blitzes. Since they can't cover anyone anyway, they might, heavy emphasis on might, come up with a sack.

Suspect that if you were the defensive coach, the entire team would get up, walk out, and quit... including the offense and special teams.

If I were coach, my d- line wouldn't be human magnets to the offensive line, there would be stunts, swim moves, or the famous Reggie white toss and throw rush. My linebacker would know their responsibilities on gap filling , screens. My corners would actually play physical bump and run coverage and last but not least, there will be no diving at legs, not wrapping up tackles and so on. If it happens 1 time, I will find somebody willing to run thru the ball carrier for once. That used to be the AU defense I was accustomed to, I guess I'm just a little homesick because CEJ's style is not appealing to me. Frankly it's kind of soft

In regards to the OP, I don't think X's and O's or fundamentals would be why the players would leave.

Thought I was still on Johnson thread, oh well. I'm still missing that AU defense that we were all accustomed to

This is the Auburn defense we have seen for 6 years running now. This is the new normal.

Archived