For the Supersticious

AUFlyer99

We all (I think....) have our game day rituals. Mine is decking out in AU jerseys with my six year old son. We started last year, he wore #18, I wear #2. The only good last year was I wore blue for the LSU game. After that I wore the proper home blue / road white.

This season my growing son couldn't wear his #18 so we passed it off to another AU family by way of Kids Market and I bought a replacement off eBay.

Last weekend we suited up and his jersey was gone. We looked all over, no luck. Win the game regardless. We kept looking around the house this week, still didn't turn up so we figured we might get another pass (can't afford to replace another). Didn't happen. Looks like I've got five days to disassemble the house and find it.

So.... If we believe our game day rituals bear any meaning, and the Prayer at Jordan-Hare says they do (long story), that loss was on me.

I was at the same friend's house to watch both the MSU and aTm games this season. I told them as I left late Saturday night that I'd see them in February.

I'll buy my kid another jersey, you watch the game in a safe spot.

No joke. Last years UGA game we went to my non-football fan parents house. Wife was going to meet us there. AU is rolling, wife shows up at the end of halftime and visits with the family. She sits down near the TV, we blow the lead. I asked her to leave the room, half joking. She got up, AU does something decent. She sits back down, Murray gets that BS touchdown. I begged her to leave, she says something snotty and stomps out of the room on 4th and 18. She comes back in to see what all the screaming is about and sits down. UGA marches down the field. Beg her to leave again, she gets up, Dee levels Murray to end the game.

She and I have watched games together since then, but I still think she has a jinx. Might be time for her to sacrifice a goat or something.

Same with my wife....when she goes to the bedroom and watches something else...we win....otherwise we either struggle or lose!!! Dang it!!!! :banghead:

Same with my wife....when she goes to the bedroom and watches something else...we win....otherwise we either struggle or lose!!! Dang it!!!! :banghead:/>

Well, I think in your case it's ok to chain her to the couch. Right? ;-)

Sorry, wouldn't intentionally hijack your thread, but I can't post new topics and I wanted to get this out there.

My husband and I are Aggies who drove 890 miles each way to visit your campus and watch the game. I just wanted you guys to know how much we apprciate the reception we received in Auburn. We fully expected that we were driving 14 hours to watch our Aggies get beat, possibly very badly, by your football team. Every single person we spoke to before the game made a point to welcome us and let us know they were glad we came. After the game, you guys were no less gracious. We were very impressed with your beautiful campus and your classy fans.

Our seats were in the upper deck and we did have four current Auburn students behind us who were obnoxious and foul-mouthed, but we chalked that up to age and immaturity. They were the only negative to our experience and the other AU fans in earshot seemed embarrassed by them, so no real harm done. We were very surprised to find that Auburn fans were still friendly after the game, which we know cost AU a lot in terms of their playoff chances. That is something we have not experienced at the other SEC schools we've visited-- they are very nice before the game but definitely less so after a loss.

As for how this fits into your Superstition thread-- we began making an SEC tour when we joined the conference in 2012, trying to hit at least one road game each year until we've seen them all. 2012 was Mississippi State, 2013 was Ole Miss, 2014 were South Carolina and Auburn. So our Aggies are 4-0 when we make a road trip to watch them play.

We always visit the school bookstore and pick up a souvenir from our trip. I proudly wore my War Eagle t-shirt on the trip yesterday, although it confused the people who saw us get out of our Aggie-plated vehicle.

Good luck to Auburn in the future. You now have two more fans.

I specifically told a friend I could not do something with her on both the A&M and MSState game day. Told her I would not miss those games. Hindsight.....Wished I'd spent those days with my friend. I would rather miss a game and get a win that to insist on watching and losing.

Same with my wife....when she goes to the bedroom and watches something else...we win....otherwise we either struggle or lose!!! Dang it!!!! :banghead:

I make my husband leave the room when AU is playing crappy. He was sitting in the dining room during the last few minutes Saturday. Should have sent him out on the porch. LOL

Nope! The rude bama-esque idiot who stole my space jinxed us by being an obnoxious sh*thead and the loss was their "spanking"! I mean really, it was one space saved with tape and a chair and it was stolen before 11 AM. If anyone knows someone in a smaller white suv like Ford with a firefighter tag and an AuburnMom sticker on the back then FYI they suck as AU fans. I have their tag # and if I had not ultimately luckily found a space to creep in just a bit further down the street I would have posted it here for all to see. They could have done the same thing or looked elsewhere rather than being an Ahole.

Last year we (my wife and I) got free tickets to the UGA and bammer game, miracles happen. Tried to get someone to fund trip to Championship Game, nobody would do it, we lose. You guys need to put the wife and I in the endzone, near the visiting band and MIRACLES will happen, I promise!

Saturday, I started the day coaching a bunch of 7 year old boys, my son's team, in soccer like all season. We have dominated everyone. I have worn my coaches shirt and khaki shorts, it was too cold, told my wife I may wear them again even being in the 40s and windy in Mobile. She laughed at me, telling me that I should not tell anyone that our son's soccer team won because I was in my lucky shorts. I wore blue jeans because I couldn't stomach any more insults from the wife. We play awful, lose 2-0, had three chances in front of an open net and never even got a good shot off. I think it set the tone for the rest of the weekend. AU loses the heart breaker, LSU blows the late lead, the Saints (well they are the saints, enough said). Blame my wife for giving me a hard time and messing up the mojo for the weekend. Last game of the season is Saturday morning, its supposed to be in the 40s and windy, I am going to wear those stupid shorts in an effort to rejuvenate our good fortunes, for my little soccer team and Auburn! Beat UGA

Sorry, wouldn't intentionally hijack your thread, but I can't post new topics and I wanted to get this out there.

My husband and I are Aggies who drove 890 miles each way to visit your campus and watch the game. I just wanted you guys to know how much we apprciate the reception we received in Auburn. We fully expected that we were driving 14 hours to watch our Aggies get beat, possibly very badly, by your football team. Every single person we spoke to before the game made a point to welcome us and let us know they were glad we came. After the game, you guys were no less gracious. We were very impressed with your beautiful campus and your classy fans.

Our seats were in the upper deck and we did have four current Auburn students behind us who were obnoxious and foul-mouthed, but we chalked that up to age and immaturity. They were the only negative to our experience and the other AU fans in earshot seemed embarrassed by them, so no real harm done. We were very surprised to find that Auburn fans were still friendly after the game, which we know cost AU a lot in terms of their playoff chances. That is something we have not experienced at the other SEC schools we've visited-- they are very nice before the game but definitely less so after a loss.

As for how this fits into your Superstition thread-- we began making an SEC tour when we joined the conference in 2012, trying to hit at least one road game each year until we've seen them all. 2012 was Mississippi State, 2013 was Ole Miss, 2014 were South Carolina and Auburn. So our Aggies are 4-0 when we make a road trip to watch them play.

We always visit the school bookstore and pick up a souvenir from our trip. I proudly wore my War Eagle t-shirt on the trip yesterday, although it confused the people who saw us get out of our Aggie-plated vehicle.

Good luck to Auburn in the future. You now have two more fans.

So it's your fault.... ;-)

No apology required on the hijack. I'm glad you guys had a safe and enjoyable trip. Hope y'all come back again, but with a different result next time.:).

Gig 'em for the rest of the season!

Well, I can take a bit of the blame for all this myself. Saturday we watched the game at my father's house instead of my house. Not only that, I didn't dress my girls in their usual Auburn attire.

Of course, watching games at my father's house have not been all bad as late. We did watch the 2010 National Title game there and we watched the UGA game and Iron Bowl there last year.

I guess I must have worn the wrong shirt.

Archived