Men vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Post Game Thread

jared52

Thanks for the updates, WT. I was watching while playing AC:U so no in game comments from me. Played well the second half but you can see how much AU is going to struggle against teams with any sort of size. Loved how Bowers played though. Should be a decent team to watch this year and in spite of my question at the half about a consistent scorer, Mason looked good until he got hurt. Not sure why he went back on as he was clearly hobbled and a detriment on the defensive end, but he's going to be interesting to watch.

One thing I liked is that AU seemed to have a flow on offense. It didn't always result in good shots, but there's some good things going there and hopefully the chemistry will come.

I loved the emotion and intensity from the players. Definitely look like they are better coached. I really enjoyed this game. We may get schooled later on, but I really liked what I saw tonight. (I haven't been able to say that in a while.)

Listening on the radio was great excitement as well. What a gutsy win. All the guys that were brought in had big games. KT as well. Great win.

Great way to start the season. In the recent past, I think we would have folded. Nice to see the guys fight until the final whistle. There were some great things to build off of this game. Bowers is a beast.

Great first win for Pearl and this team. Kept playing hard when we were down by 12 and came back to get a 10 point win. Also closed out a game that was tight at the end which is something we could not do the last couple years. We'll still have trouble with big teams as we don't have a lot of size but Bowers is great and Purchase looked like a solid player as well. However both will have to work hard to stay out of foul trouble. They did good tonight but UMW didn't really pound it down low with the big guys. Loved seeing the pressure D and Pearl using the whole bench!

Great finish for the men from the Plains. Sparking moment was Purchase not backing down to that cheap shot from Tiby. Tiby had a couple of chippy plays and our men don't back down. War Damn Eagle.

MC

(Bowers is a BEAST... Mason will be great too)

Understanding the relative unimportance of this game, I still have to ask about this. Coming back from a first half commercial break, a reporter that had descended on Bruce for a quick interview was still doing so when the players and refs were ready for play and the game was just put on hold for a few seconds while they wrapped up the questions. The refs looked more than a bit annoyed. I thought it was hilarious, a classic.

Understanding the relative unimportance of this game, I still have to ask about this. Coming back from a first half commercial break, a reporter that had descended on Bruce for a quick interview was still doing so when the players and refs were ready for play and the game was just put on hold for a few seconds while they wrapped up the questions. The refs looked more than a bit annoyed. I thought it was hilarious, a classic.

So what's the question?

Bowers played big. He imposes his weight very well on the skinnier and taller big men. Also, he reminded me of former LSU players big baby Davis and Tyrus Thomas in their elite athletic ability to start their own fast breaks as big men. Bower's athletic ability is off the charts. His free throw shooting, however,looks very awkward. He looks like a 50 percent free throw shooter. If I am not wrong, I could see opposing teams trying to hack a shaq him in close games.

Bowers played big. He imposes his weight very well on the skinnier and taller big men. Also, he reminded me of former LSU players big baby Davis and Tyrus Thomas in their elite athletic ability to start their own fast breaks as big men. Bower's athletic ability is off the charts. His free throw shooting, however,looks very awkward. He looks like a 50 percent free throw shooter. If I am not wrong, I could see opposing teams trying to hack a shaq him in close games.

This!! I heard people comparing him to Barkley, but he reminded me of big baby Davis. He plays below the rim, has great quickness, and he can even lead a fast break. The air ball on the free throw was a definite face palm. But I loved his toughness and how we finally have a low post scorer.

This is going to be fun to watch moving forward. Ups and downs this season but the passion and tenacity is what I'm stoked about. Can't wait til next Friday night.

Wow. What a fun time at the game.

From the anthem family connection through the growing team chemistry, what a great entertainment ticket on Friday night.

Step step.

Free throws made.

Step step.

Stout defense.

Step step.

Once 31 was out - Sit down!, you suck - the three point fear was abated.

Injuries were frightening but this team prevailed.

What a fun night in the Arena.

Archived