Obama Executive Order

Proud Tiger

It's good to be the king ! Here comes unanimous Supreme Court rejection #14.....oops !

1b68b0b7ec0a82c771621d80254a9c73.jpg

Bring it on!!

Ideology over country. Bring it on! We won! So typical.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not that comfortable with this being handled by EO. However, if Speaker Boehner and the House Republicans were serious about immigration reform they would either put out their own proposal or pass/amend the Senate bill. Otherwise, just admit you think the status quo is acceptable. Anything less and they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. We need reform, but we aren't willing to actually reform it therefore we ultimately don't think we need it.

Congress is failing to do its job which is to legislate. When you don't do your job, it leaves the Administration open to find ways to do it for you, and that is not how our government was intended to work.

You do know that the Democrats/Reid are STILL in control of the Senate Right?

It's good to be the king ! Here comes unanimous Supreme Court rejection #14.....oops !

Bring it on!!

Nah, I just think y'all are silly.

I am not that comfortable with this being handled by EO. However, if Speaker Boehner and the House Republicans were serious about immigration reform they would either put out their own proposal or pass/amend the Senate bill. Otherwise, just admit you think the status quo is acceptable. Anything less and they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. We need reform, but we aren't willing to actually reform it therefore we ultimately don't think we need it.

Congress is failing to do its job which is to legislate. When you don't do your job, it leaves the Administration open to find ways to do it for you, and that is not how our government was intended to work.

The Senate passed a bill on immigration (S.744). The House had yet to act.

That is how the government works or how it was set up to work. Just because the congress doesn't act doesn't give the president the right to make law on his own. If the democrats had been willing to do immigration in steps we could have had this done a long time ago. They insisted that it had to be comprehensive, which simply means get the amnesty now with the promise of security later. The democrats never intended to follow through with that part and the conservative members of the house knew it. It would have put us right back in the same mess years down the road. We are facing this now because of the 1986 law that brought amnesty but no security ever followed.

I wish Congress would do something more permanent. I don't really have any problem with the things Obama set forth tonight. This immigration issue is just not something I get worked up over the way my fellow conservatives do. There's no way we're deporting this many people so we need to deal with reality, not some ideal of what should have happened.

I wish Congress would do something more permanent. I don't really have any problem with the things Obama set forth tonight. This immigration issue is just not something I get worked up over the way my fellow conservatives do. There's no way we're deporting this many people so we need to deal with reality, not some ideal of what should have happened.

Well the problem is that he is not just not deporting them but granting work permits which he does not have the authority to do. He has exceeded his lawful authority under the constitution. Also this will encourage a whole new round of illegals and he knows this and wants it. We don't need more legislation. We need enforcement of current laws already on the books.

Congrats Mr Carter you are no even close to the worst president in history anymore, what's really scary is that there are alot of people that vote in this country that dont understand it's laws and could care less if this guy lies to get obamacare passed and now totally ignores his oath to defend the Constitution of the United States.

Bring it on!!

Nah, I just think y'all are silly.

Of course you do. Once again.....typical.

Why didn't the 2009 Congress address this? I'm curious.......

Thats really a secondary consideration. The critical issue is where does it all stop and what will the next president decide to do? Obama's job as the president is to enforce the laws on the books as he has stated numerous times. if you're an illegal in this country you cannot legally work. THATS THE LAW. He has now decided however, he's not only NOT going to enforce that law, he's made another one which exceeds the constitutional capacity of the executive office. Only Congress can legislate. So, he's unilaterally decided not to enforce laws on the books as well as make another one wherein those illegals can now work legally.

You may not have a problem with it but Jonathon Turley thinks this is a Constitutional crisis because of the implications of the actions and what it conceivably could do to the separation of powers in our system. Its easy to make an emotional case for what Obama did but the law makes no provision for touchy feely reasoning.

What escapes me is if this was So important to Obama, why did he not do it before now? Why did he not do it in '09 or '10 when he had a super majority. Or, why didn't he do it before '12..ya think maybe because it was before his reelection. Or why did he wait until after this years election? This is purely a political move to stir up the far left and to pick a fight with the republicans hoping they fall for it and self destruct. Forgive me for not believing he gives a flying fig about the immigrants...i dont buy that for a second.

This^^

This^^

I have a problem with it based on constitutional and executive office grounds. What happens when the shoe is on the other foot! Do you support a Republican CIC circumventing Congress in the future? In the past the president signed executive order AFTER Congress had passed immigration reform. I guess that old rag means little to some....

This^^

Everyone wants the matter resolved but the Dems will keep this issue up in the air because they are unwilling to seal the US-Mexican border to prevent the issue from reoccurring. Seal the border and you'd have a vast majority of Americans willing to absorb the issue again. In 1986 it was 3 million to be granted amnesty, now it's "11 million"...what's the number that the Dems want next time ? The Dems are not serious about immigration reform and they are encouraging more illegals to enter the country. The Dems are utterly disingenuous.

Millions of people are not going to be deported but they should not be given citizenship either, only allowed the freedom to stay and rectify their dilemma and start at the end of the citizenship line That is more than fair. To be in good standing before the government is imposed upon us all, legal or illegal.

Seal the border !

Why didn't the 2009 Congress address this? I'm curious.......

I like the Senate Bill, but i guess my real point was that the Senate has been so horribly lead by Reid that it took 4 Years to simply pass a budget.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/unreal-senate-celebrates-passage-of-its-first-budget-in-four-years/

This^^

Everyone wants the matter resolved but the Dems will keep this issue up in the air because they are unwilling to seal the US-Mexican border to prevent the issue from reoccurring. Seal the border and you'd have a vast majority of Americans willing to absorb the issue again. In 1986 it was 3 million to be granted amnesty, now it's "11 million"...what's the number that the Dems want next time ? The Dems are not serious about immigration reform and they are encouraging more illegals to enter the country. The Dems are utterly disingenuous.

Millions of people are not going to be deported but they should not be given citizenship either, only allowed the freedom to stay and rectify their dilemma and start at the end of the citizenship line That is more than fair. To be in good standing before the government is imposed upon us all, legal or illegal.

Seal the border !

And that's all fine and good but a sizable, vocal and influential portion of the GOP base (i.e. Tea Party) only cares about sealing the border and refuses to budge on anything that even smells like it stood next to amnesty in the line at a grocery store. They cling to this fairy tale in their head where they deport everyone they discover here illegally and impose such draconian penalties on any business that hires the others that they all voluntarily matriculate back to their country of origin and us 'Muricans are protected again from disease, low wages, unemployment and having to learn Spanish.

It's never going to happen. It never was even possible, but if any conservative even suggests something that looks like a path to citizenship or being able to be here legally, all hell breaks loose and he or she is a RINO.

This^^

Seal the border !

And that's all fine and good but a sizable, vocal and influential portion of the GOP base (i.e. Tea Party) only cares about sealing the border and refuses to budge on anything that even smells like it stood next to amnesty in the line at a grocery store. They cling to this fairy tale in their head where they deport everyone they discover here illegally and impose such draconian penalties on any business that hires the others that they all voluntarily matriculate back to their country of origin and us 'Muricans are protected again from disease, low wages, unemployment and having to learn Spanish.

It's never going to happen. It never was even possible, but if any conservative even suggests something that looks like a path to citizenship or being able to be here legally, all hell breaks loose and he or she is a RINO.

No we don't Titan. You are falling prey to the conventional wisdom. Nobody has ever talked about deporting them or anything of the sort. If it weren't for the tea party, the 2007 amnesty bill would have passed congress and the border would never have been secured. Part of securing the border means placing those heavy penalties for employers hiring illegals. It isn't just border patrol agents. We have to be able to keep track of visa holders, which make up the bulk of our illegals. All this talk of needing more science and technology workers is a load of bull. Business want these people because they can pay them less than other people and these people can't quit and go work for a competitor like a citizen could. Congress can come in and pass an immigration bill that requires security first and then legal status once we have that security, Obama would veto it guaranteed. Quite frankly a temporary moratorium would not be a bad idea to give us time to absorb these people and get started on the road to assimilation but that isn't going to happen.

I always get a little chuckle when I hear this"seal the border" talk. Name me a country that has done that with any success. Israel? China from the Mongols?

This^^

I have a problem with it based on constitutional and executive office grounds. What happens when the shoe is on the other foot! Do you support a Republican CIC circumventing Congress in the future? In the past the president signed executive order AFTER Congress had passed immigration reform. I guess that old rag means little to some....

Given your knowledge of the Constitution, can you explain to me exactly what provision is being shredded?

This^^

Given your knowledge of the Constitution, can you explain to me exactly what provision is being shredded?

Its true. I done hered it on the Fox News. I done hered Sinator Sessions say what the empiror done is "illegal and dangerous". They are gunna inpeach barry. You just watch.

Nothing will change until we run the clock out on this failure...

Nothing will change until we run the clock out on this failure...

Naw, thats the cowherds way. barry done broke the law AGAIN. We done got all of the congress now. Time to get a back bone and inpeach the keynan, commie, muslim, narcossictic, empiror. You cant let no libtard deestroy the Constitution and git a way with it.

Its hilarious to me how regardless of the issue, the Tea party gets vilified as the root cause of the problem. As if they aren't elected representatives who have a vote but rather just a cancer on the legislative process.

There is no doubt this is a complex issue. The biggest problem with certain elements of Congress is a break down in trust of the Executive Branch. Minimize that if you must but the fact is, like Boehner said, Obama made over 30 unilateral changes to ObamaCare. These were ALL purely political moves to delay the negative impacts of the law on certain constituencies. Over THIRTY. he doesn't have the statutory authority to do that but clearly has the power until someone checks him.

Now, fast forward to Obama's current pet issue..immigration reform. Never mind he has had six years to do something and during that time he has repeatedly told those pushing him he doesn't have the statutory authorization to act alone on it. So, he has to act alone now? Oh, I guess he has to once again prove his relevance after his policies, which he said were on the ballot were so roundly repudiated by the electorate. Pardon my cynicism, but this is just another purely political move designed to do a couple things. Satisfy those pushing this most notably LaRaza, among others but, more importantly, to simply pick a fight with the republicans hoping to keep his lame duck presidency relevant. If Obama is anything, he is most assuredly a megalomaniac of historic proportions.

After having seen the president refuse to enforce his own signature piece of legislation why would anyone believe he'll enforce immigration reform? Clearly, the Tea party element of the House does not trust Obama. Frankly, I have no problem with that. Does anyone honestly believe these people were NOT elected by their respective districts to oppose him but, rather to be his lackeys or yes men? Why is that so hard for folks to understand? They have absolutely no incumbent responsibility to go to Washington and act as rubber stamps on a President's demands that they fundamentally disagree with and believe are bad policies. Its called checks and balances folks.

The law is the law. This president, time and again, has demonstrated a defiant unwillingness to enforce many aspects of it. I am amazed that the Tea Party faction is so often blamed for gridlock and described as radical when we have a president who is destroying the presidency by acting like a dictator. Presumably, it has become radical to expect a president to uphold his oath of office and enforce the law. It is radical to expect some kind of fiscal responsibility. it is radical to protect and defend America's best interest at home and abroad. And it is radical to promote capitalism. Life is good in the good ole USSA.

This^^

Since you're the constitutional scholar, please tell us what law is being enforced by his eo, that is, if you're sincere in your statement.

Archived