Obama Executive Order

Proud Tiger

Dana Perino, the Fox News co-cost and former spokeswoman for George W. Bush's White House, said that President Barack Obama's executive amnesty is well within the law.

She admitted on Thursday's The Five that though she "might be an outlier on this," she believed "Republicans are really boxed in" on Obama's amnesty.

"I don’t think that we’ll have the answer to the constitutional question for years," she said. "And at this point, I think the President has the prosecutorial discretion to do what he’s doing.”

Hours before Obama formally announced his executive amnesty, Perino said Republicans "cannot stop the President from doing this."

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"can you explain to me exactly what provision is being shredded?"

Is this a serious question? Well, lets see. We have a tri-cameral constitutional republic wherein there are supposedly 3 co-equal branches of govt. Emphasis on the description being co-equal. The powers are coequally divided and specifically enumerated. The President's job is to enforce the law NOT to create it out of his own impatience.. It is Congress' job to legislate. The fact they didn't do it timely enough to avoid presidential impatience is not sufficient reason for the President to overstep his authority and create laws while ignoring others.

If you're in this country illegally , you cannot work legally. That's the law. If you don't like that law, change it by going through the appropriate legislative channels to change it. It is not written ANYWHERE in the Constitution that the President can change laws by executive fiat because he has become impatient with that process, period.

I always get a little chuckle when I hear this"seal the border" talk. Name me a country that has done that with any success. Israel? China from the Mongols?

Your choice of history sides with effectiveness of walls. The walls of China kept the Mongols and others out for 1,000 years. Israel has done an excellent job with the West Bank wall....or didn't you know ? Guess the stale air below deck got to you.

It is not written ANYWHERE in the Constitution that the President can change laws by executive fiat because he has become impatient with that process, period.

So I guess you disagree with Lincoln's emancipation proclamation?

I always get a little chuckle when I hear this"seal the border" talk. Name me a country that has done that with any success. Israel? China from the Mongols?

Your choice of history sides with effectiveness of walls. The walls of China kept the Mongols and others out for 1,000 years. Israel has done an excellent job with the West Bank wall....or didn't you know ? Guess the stale air below deck got to you.

I dont know, the walls around the WH aren't proving to be very effective these days. >:(

You missed my point with your rush at hyperbolic statements. Is the southern border the only way into the country or is sealing it just to keep the brown people out?

It is not written ANYWHERE in the Constitution that the President can change laws by executive fiat because he has become impatient with that process, period.

It was a lawless act and most historians dont even try to deny that. Lincoln also suspended habeas corpus and imprisoned over 20K people w/o probable cause or any representation. Guess who is BHO idol?

Dana Perino, the Fox News co-cost and former spokeswoman for George W. Bush's White House, said that President Barack Obama's executive amnesty is well within the law.

She admitted on Thursday's The Five that though she "might be an outlier on this," she believed "Republicans are really boxed in" on Obama's amnesty.

"I don’t think that we’ll have the answer to the constitutional question for years," she said. "And at this point, I think the President has the prosecutorial discretion to do what he’s doing.”

Hours before Obama formally announced his executive amnesty, Perino said Republicans "cannot stop the President from doing this."

I agree with her. The quote is taken out of context though. Even though the eo is illegal, as DP has stated on occasions, the Republicans remedy is not fast nor politically expedient. You can't stop a reckless driver from ramming a crowd like BO is doing to America either, can you ?

The quote does not literally mean the president cannot be stopped as you contort it to mean. BO's eo chooses to run out the clock unless the matter is taken up before the Supreme Court prior to his departure.

It was a lawless act and most historians dont even try to deny that. Lincoln also suspended habeas corpus and imprisoned over 20K people w/o probable cause or any representation. Guess who is BHO idol?

On behalf of college kids everywhere, I'm glad you don't teach history.

Comparing something from centuries ago to now is irrelevant.

And Israel is about 16% of the size of Alabama. Little easier to build and maintain a wall on something that small than it is the entire US-Mexico border.

post-3-0-43934300-1416585663_thumb.png

And Israel is about 16% of the size of Alabama. Little easier to build and maintain a wall on something that small than it is the entire US-Mexico border.

Pardon me but securing the borders transcends simply building a wall. I dont understand why the wall has become the centerpiece of the debate.

You missed my point with your rush at hyperbolic statements. Is the southern border the only way into the country or is sealing it just to keep the brown people out?

First, you don't understand the us of the word "hyperbolic", second......why do you bring race into this issue ? This is an issue of economics and voting rights. Is that you Al ?

On behalf of college kids everywhere, I'm glad you don't teach history.

On behalf of those who KNOW the history, its too bad so many like you ignorantly presume that they do.

I'm not the one who drummed up the comparison.

Walls for both countries were placed strategically to address the threats, not to encapsulate their respective nations.

Post of the day!

Pardon me but securing the borders transcends simply building a wall. I dont understand why the wall has become the centerpiece of the debate.

Because it will involve a wall/fence/barrier. That's a given. Then the monitoring and manpower required to stop attempts to circumvent it.

Walls for both countries were placed strategically to address the threats, not to encapsulate their respective nations.

Which makes the contrast even more stark. Israel only has a real wall on the West Bank. But for us, we'd have to wall off the entire Mexico border.

Which makes the contrast even more stark. Israel only has a real wall on the West Bank. But for us, we'd have to wall off the entire Mexico border.

And place a small army down there to watch it...

Who is gonna pay for that?

And,,,,,,

What about the 41% of illegals who do not come across the border? How do you stop them.

Because it will involve a wall/fence/barrier. That's a given. Then the monitoring and manpower required to stop attempts to circumvent it.

And how much is the estimate for that wall and its maintenance ?

To hell with it all. Lets just open the borders and invite EVERYONE in..oh wait, we've already done that. To hell with all those honest people who gone about their business of legally trying to immigrate to the US. The message here is, scrap all that, just walk across the border like everyone else...you'll be fine. :hellyeah:

To hell with it all. Lets just open the borders and invite EVERYONE in..oh wait, we've already done that. To hell with all those honest people who gone about their business of legally trying to immigrate to the US. The message here is, scrap all that, just walk across the border like everyone else...you'll be fine. :hellyeah:

EXACTLY ! The cost of a wall, placed strategically, would cost less than $5 billion. I'm rounding WAYYYY up from the estimate which was less than

$2 billion in the Fence Act. $1 billion annually to maintain. The lowest estimates for absorbing these illegals as citizens will be over $100 billion. And speaking of citizenship, Why must they become citizens ? Why must they be given the right to tax our social services ? Those who support this "amnesty" will be paying for it locally.

Get ready for another round of children coming across by spring and summer. I keep hearing about all the extra BP agents and other things this administration has put in place. Problem is these agents are not being put on the border. They are keeping well back of the border and they are not allowed to do their job. Same thing with ICE. He talks of record deportations but fails to mention that anyone that is turned away at the border is counted in those statistics. They knew last January that there was going to be a flood of illegals coming across but they weren't planning on interdicting them or stopping them but rather trying to arrange transports for them once they arrived.

EXACTLY ! The cost of a wall, placed strategically, would cost less than $5 billion. I'm rounding WAYYYY up from the estimate which was less than

$2 billion in the Fence Act. $1 billion annually to maintain. The lowest estimates for absorbing these illegals as citizens will be over $100 billion. And speaking of citizenship, Why must they become citizens ? Why must they be given the right to tax our social services ? Those who support this "amnesty" will be paying for it locally.

Admit it Tipper, you're just a hardass who favors ripping apart families and embrace latent racist ambitions. :Sing: Open the border,dude. Lets party!

Archived