My SEC/Iron Bowl Conspiracy Theory

jmcrosson

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP must be surrounded with black helicopters outside his house as we speak. rampant speculation, assumptions and totally void of any facts at all.

Should have known you would show up, Negativo. Hence the reason it's called a "conspiracy theory." By nature of the phrase itself, it assumes a position of "rampant speculation" and "assumptions." Otherwise, it would be a fact. Way to keep your streak up of being "that guy."

I've seen enough of your posts over the years to know when it comes to negativity, you are one of the pack leaders. Any little nugget you can take a negative from and you are on top of it with both feet. Your little conspiracy theories come as no surprise to any of us that know your negative posting pattern. It would be different if this was a one off post from you, but its not. Everything you post here carries a negative approach, whether its a thread like this or a game thread. It's always the same tired, negative message.

Loving the advertisements for Crimson Tide watches.

Just FYI, the ads you see on AU Family are based on your browsing history or cookies. So, why are you browsing crimson tide watches? ;D

The OP must be surrounded with black helicopters outside his house as we speak. rampant speculation, assumptions and totally void of any facts at all.

Should have known you would show up, Negativo. Hence the reason it's called a "conspiracy theory." By nature of the phrase itself, it assumes a position of "rampant speculation" and "assumptions." Otherwise, it would be a fact. Way to keep your streak up of being "that guy."

I've seen enough of your posts over the years to know when it comes to negativity, you are one of the pack leaders. Any little nugget you can take a negative from and you are on top of it with both feet. Your little conspiracy theories come as no surprise to any of us that know your negative posting pattern. It would be different if this was a one off post from you, but its not. Everything you post here carries a negative approach, whether its a thread like this or a game thread. It's always the same tired, negative message.

Seriously? First of all, who's "us"? Secondly, you're the grand chief of immediatly coming in and spewing insults to anyone that you happen to disagree with, which makes up about 80% of your posts. I can't for the life of me understand how you were made a mod. The only way I can make sense of it is to assume that you helped begin the site, which is a shame. To say that "everything I post bears a negative approach" might hold an ounce of water if it wasn't coming from you. It's like the ocean calling out the raindrop for being wet.

And praytell - how exactly was this post negative, anyways? The title of this thread explains itself as a conspiracy theory aimed at the SEC office and refs that is only speculation. You used it as an opportunity to assert yourself, insult, and take a dump on what was a pretty good discussion before then.

Tom Ritter clearly calls games with a bammer bias. Conspiracy, or consistently giving the benefit of the doubt to the dark pink tahd? I guess that is the question. If his crew is on the field Saturday, there will be 5-7 questionable calls that will go bammer's way.

I live in NC, and Steve Logan ex-Head Coach of the ECU Pirates during their hey-day, and former Tampa Bay Bucs offensive assistant coach (I believe QBs or WRs), and NFL Europe head coach, has his own radio show and appears on the local sports radio station l a few times a week (He gives incredible insight while being hilarious) has said in college football games there is no TRUE conspiracy like we are discussing here. HOWEVER, he has mentioned numerous times that the referees KNOW who is "supposed" to win the game. When in doubt, the flag will be thrown against the lesser team. Sure his perspective is that of a mid-major when they play BCS level schools but I think this can also relate to this situation. The refs are human and hear the media butt kissing Bama all the time. It is definitely something to think about.

Steve Logan is also one of the pioneers of the pass-happy, spread, option offenses and his ECU teams put up great numbers with him calling plays and running the program.

As I've watched the past few seasons unfold while considering the millions of dollars in play for major college football, it is my theory that the SEC will control the outcomes (blowouts not withstanding) when it comes to key games. Of course, I make this statement with an eye toward the Iron Bowl.

As it currently stands, should both Alabama and MSU win out, the SEC will have two of the four teams in the inaugural college football playoff. Should Alabama lose to Auburn, this sends a suspect MSU team to the SEC Championship where they would most likely face Georgia.

The nightmare scenario here would have Georgia blowing out the MSU bulldogs to a measure beyond what the refs could control, leaving the SEC (most likely) without ANY representation in the final four and costing the conference millions of dollars. Alabama, MSU, and Georgia would be passed over assuming no major upsets within the remaining top 4-6. Admittedly, Georgia could possibly eke it's way in, but it would be a major longshot considering the porous nature of their two losses.

This brings me to the Iron Bowl...in Tuscaloosa....against a team that everyone (especially the league office) wants to see in the final four, outside of Auburn and SEC haters.

Given all that's at stake, if this is a close game, I see no way the refs don't play a major role in the outcome of the game favoring the home team.

Again, just a theory couched in the recognition of millions of dollars at stake. And Auburn hasn't looked good at all the past several games, so it might be a moot point. However, if they do show up and play to their best potential, I fully expect some highly questionable calls to go against us.

I see the league doing all it can to keep two of its teams in the final four. Flame away.

Just so you know...if ole miss beats miss st then Alabama goes to the SEC championship win or lose to us. They could be in by winning the SEC champ game.

Hail state

I don't think they'll need to worry. the refs probably won't need to step in to effect the outcome of that game. I'm already trying to put it behind me. I'm getting real sick of trying to put these games behind me before they're even played. This is 3 of the last 4 years this has happened. Do we really have to put up with this crap forever?

You could always switch teams and not post here anymore

No need for a troll to switch teams, not posting here anymore would be nice though.

Having graduated from Auburn over 40 years ago and having been a supporter of Auburn University for over 50 years I see no reason to change allegiances simply because a few sunshine pumpers can't handle honest criticism of this team.

Supporting Auburn does not mean claiming everything is always rah rah wonderful when it's obviously not. Three years ago I was among the first here to point out that things weren't working as they should...and was soundly rebuked for it byu you and people like you for saying so. I was right. It was clear in 2011 that things weren't as they should be. In 2012 even you couldn't avoid the truth any more. In case you haven't noticed, this team this year has been going in the wrong direction since mid season. Blowing smoke will not alter that fact. Criticizing me for saying so will not alter that fact. Hiding your head in the sand will not alter that fact.

And I will not abandon Auburn just because you late comerswish I would.

I don't think they'll need to worry. the refs probably won't need to step in to effect the outcome of that game. I'm already trying to put it behind me. I'm getting real sick of trying to put these games behind me before they're even played. This is 3 of the last 4 years this has happened. Do we really have to put up with this crap forever?

No need for a troll to switch teams, not posting here anymore would be nice though.

Having graduated from Auburn over 40 years ago and having been a supporter of Auburn University for over 50 years I see no reason to change allegiances simply because a few sunshine pumpers can't handle honest criticism of this team.

Supporting Auburn does not mean claiming everything is always rah rah wonderful when it's obviously not. Three years ago I was among the first here to point out that things weren't working as they should...and was soundly rebuked for it byu you and people like you for saying so. I was right. It was clear in 2011 that things weren't as they should be. In 2012 even you couldn't avoid the truth any more. In case you haven't noticed, this team this year has been going in the wrong direction since mid season. Blowing smoke will not alter that fact. Criticizing me for saying so will not alter that fact. Hiding your head in the sand will not alter that fact.

Wow. You're like 60+ and still this worried about the outcome of football games? I'm sure you are a joy. Carry on sunshine.

Wow. You're like 60+ and still this worried about the outcome of football games? I'm sure you are a joy. Carry on sunshine.

Worried no. Interested, sure. What's your problem with that? You don't have a problem with that or you wouldn't be here yourself.

So let's go back and look at what I said initially that set you off. I said that the refs aren't going to have to rig the game Sat because bama probably isn't going to need any help from them in order to beat Auburn. You thought this was sacreligious and that I shuld leave and never say such things about Auburn. Sorry, but what I said is true I'm sorry you think an Auburn forum should be restricted to only sunshine pumping and being blinded to the obvious truth.

If you think Auburn has a reasonable chance of winning you're always free to make that case. I noticed you have made no such attempt to do that, leading me to believe that you don't really think they do either. Barring that you're always free to simply ignore my comments altogether.

If a conspiracy, then there must be one crew that is "trusted" to be the ones to call in favor of Bama and they would be assigned to the Iron Bowl. If so, name the crew now and if they show up, then maybe there is something to consider. Would it be the same crew that call the Ole Miss game?

No idea who called th Ole Miss game, but I'd guess either Tom Ritter or Penn Wagers crew will do the Iron Bowl. Doesn't really matter, but those are the two most obvious. And, it's not just people here in tinfoil hats thinking something is rotten in Denmark:

http://www.nola.com/...ting_quest.html

Worried no. Interested, sure. What's your problem with that? You don't have a problem with that or you wouldn't be here yourself.

So let's go back and look at what I said initially that set you off. I said that the refs aren't going to have to rig the game Sat because bama probably isn't going to need any help from them in order to beat Auburn. You thought this was sacreligious and that I shuld leave and never say such things about Auburn. Sorry, but what I said is true I'm sorry you think an Auburn forum should be restricted to only sunshine pumping and being blinded to the obvious truth.

If you think Auburn has a reasonable chance of winning you're always free to make that case. I noticed you have made no such attempt to do that, leading me to believe that you don't really think they do either. Barring that you're always free to simply ignore my comments altogether.

Yes, I think we have a reasonable chance of winning. We'll know before the 1st quarter is over if we came to win or not.

Not worried? Ok, but when someone uses words like "I'm getting real sick......" in reference to a team that won the SEC and finished 2nd in the nation last year and plays a murderous road schedule this year, they may as well be a troll in my book. Go pull for the turds. They have exhibited the consistency you desire lately. You are, by your own words, disgusted with our team (real sick=disgusted).

I know we've had issues this year and bama may stomp us, but we may fight and make it close and a win is not out of the question. There is a reason they are 10 point favorites. Sue me for not turning on the team and acting like a whiny little 60+ yr old, who claims to only be "interested" while he skewers the team he may have cheered his heart out for last year. Or were you complaining we didn't win it all?

No respect for your elders I see.

Did hims get to stay up late with school out for Thanksgiving? WHO'S A BIG BOY!? WHO'S A BIG BOY? Him is, that's who.

Run along now, sport.

I believe the refs will inject themselves in the Iron Bowl regardless of how AU plays just to make sure Bama wins. While I agree with the idea that millions of dollars are at stake and that could be the justifications for some "bad" calls against Auburn, I think the situation goes deeper than that. Just look at the calls that have benefited Alabama during this entire season that were very obviously meant to help Alabama win. Two examples of calls that were made to assist Alabama were the non-called face mask penalty at the end of the first half of the AL - Ole Miss game that gave Alabama a touchdown. Keep in mind that this was the crew with an additional ref (total of 8) calling the game as an experiment the SEC is running. There were two officials looking right at the play and you could clearly see the Ole Miss player's head being pulled around yet no penalty was called. Pulling the head around allowed the Alabama player to hold the Ole Miss player's progress so that he could get a clear swipe at the football which he knocked from the Ole Miss player's arms. The Alabama player scooped up the ball and scored on about a ten yard run. There is no way this call could have been missed by both refs unless they were trying to miss it. The second occurrence came at the end of the game when the Ole Miss defensive back intercepted the ball in the end zone. The ref who made the call had a clear view of the play and immediately ruled that it was caught out of bounds. I can understand there being a question if the player is juggling the ball and maybe he is close to the outline with the possibility of only one foot being in bounds. The replay clearly showed that the Ole Miss player had two full steps with both feet well in bounds and no juggling of the football and thankfully it was overturned. It was not even close and yet the ref who called the play quickly signaled that it was caught out of bounds which would have given Alabama another chance to tie the game.

If you look at the calls that Auburn has received this year, you can find just the opposite. These calls against Auburn or in favor of the other team have occurred at the most inopportune times. There were the pass interference penalties in the Miss State game. In the Ole Miss game, we had another situation where two refs had a clear view of the play. It was the play on the first drive where Duke Williams caught the ball and it bounced off of his chest and he pulled it back in and fell out of bounds. One ref, the one with the best position to actually see the play, started signaling a catch. The second ref who was behind the play and shielded by Duke Williams, immediately begin signalling that he did not have possession and that it was an incomplete pass. As the ref who had the best position was running toward where Williams went out of bounds, he saw the other ref signaling no catch and he immediately changed his catch signals to an incomplete pass. There was no discussion between these two officials at all concerning the call. Thankfully on the replay, the call on the field was overruled and again it was not a close call at all. The replay showed Williams having two full steps in bounds with clear possession of the football. It should be pointed out too that the head official for the crew who called the AU - Ole Miss game has ties to Alabama. You don't think he had an incentive to see AU lose after he had just seen Ole Miss beat Alabama? Whether incompetence or an attempt to change the outcome of the game, all of these calls were shown by replay not to be close calls at all.

Like many of you I predict that we will see many calls go against Auburn in the Iron Bowl. There will be penalties that will stop Auburn drives and there will be penalties on defense that allow Alabama to continue drives. If the game is close, the calls will be obviously unjustifiable. You will see a lot of pass interference penalties and if the ball is not catch-able, holding will be called against us. There will be lots of holding calls on Auburn when we run our speed sweep and Alabama will hold all day long and get flagged very few times.

This. The MSU game Coates got called for a freaking offensive pass intereference on a long pass play that put us on the 1 yard line. That call was soooooooo suspect. One quarter later MSU had a 4th and freaking 12, they passed the ball, their receiver pushed off exactly the way Sammy did on his OPI call (it was to a tee the same kind of push) and yet we got popped with a defensive pass intereference call. You can name any of the big SEC games we've had this year and you'll find on any long run play that we've broken we get popped with a holding call; funny that those don't happen at other times. A team that has been very well disciplined for the past year and a half doesn't just lose discipline for 5 weeks. Its crap. I agree with the OP and others that see what is really going on: you HAVE to be naive to think that the Bammers that work in officiating are such good people that they wouldn't dare try to send out a message to mess with Auburn to keep us from having a good season. Count me in on the NCAA governing officiating across the board. Its just getting ridiculous and blatantly obvious.

Did hims get to stay up late with school out for Thanksgiving? WHO'S A BIG BOY!? WHO'S A BIG BOY? Him is, that's who.

Run along now, sport.

Talk to your kids that way, if u have any. By the way u act and disrespect others because they don't pump sunshine like u, you may be a kid yourself. Go kick some more sand around son

Run along now, sport.

Talk to your kids that way, if u have any. By the way u act and disrespect others because they don't pump sunshine like u, you may be a kid yourself. Go kick some more sand around son

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, junior.

Run along now, sport.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, junior.

Same to u kid

Yes, I think we have a reasonable chance of winning. We'll know before the 1st quarter is over if we came to win or not.

Not worried? Ok, but when someone uses words like "I'm getting real sick......" in reference to a team that won the SEC and finished 2nd in the nation last year and plays a murderous road schedule this year, they may as well be a troll in my book. Go pull for the turds. They have exhibited the consistency you desire lately. You are, by your own words, disgusted with our team (real sick=disgusted).

I know we've had issues this year and bama may stomp us, but we may fight and make it close and a win is not out of the question. There is a reason they are 10 point favorites. Sue me for not turning on the team and acting like a whiny little 60+ yr old, who claims to only be "interested" while he skewers the team he may have cheered his heart out for last year. Or were you complaining we didn't win it all?

You typify a certain fan who, over the years thinks he can insist that everyone always be pumping sunshine and blowing smoke and ignoring facts. You think that the weatherman is responsible for bad weather since he said it was coming.

You actually think you do Auburn a service by pretending everything is just fine when you see a team collapsing in front of your very eyes. You don't. And when someone else says the emperor is naked, you blame them for seeing what is in front of them and being honest about it.

So last year was a good year. How about '12? How about '11? '10 was a good year and '09 was understandably tolerable, but what about the years leading up to that? Auburn has had 2 -- count them TWO -- good seasons in the past 8 or more. That is not doing real good. Expecting some consistency is not a trait of a bammer. It is a trait of anyone who supports their own team. If you don't want consistency from Auburn then you don't support Auburn.

When only one if 4 seasons produce decent teams then something is wrong at Auburn. Pretending nothing is wrong does not make things right.

You and you little band of sunshine pumpers can live in your own private fantasy land all you want but there is something wrong at Auburn, and being a long time alumni and supporter of MY alma mater I want it fixed, whether you do or not. Obviously you don't

*yawn* you done yet?

I don't demand sunshine pumping and have not indicated we have no issues. I just choose to show the players and coaches respect for their accomplishments (including 2010 for Gus and 5th year seniors) by recognizing this is a public forum and acting accordingly.

You obviously want to be the guy who shows little appreciation for anything that hasn't happened this year and demands championships or firings every year. More power to you. Trolls are as pleasant to have around.

I wouldn't be shocked if changes aren't made in the off season, but I don't think they'll be the big ones some are looking for. CGM has earned the right to keep the staff he wants imo. If we tank harder the rest of the season who knows what he might do. If we beat bama anyone demanding a big change is a buffoon, imo.

2010 was a "good" year? Seriously. Talk about high standards, lol. I would go w/ spectacular and amazing, but that's me. I would do the same for last year. You conveniently stop at 8 years when 11 brings in our 3rd SECC in that span. Wtf else has done that? You are too much, lol.

88, you are 100% correct. Let this guy drink his warm milk and call it a day ... :-)

This conspiracy theory stinks...if the SEC wanted to interject itself, last year's Iron Bowl was the time to do it...I mean "Threepeat" and all.

*yawn* you done yet?

I don't demand sunshine pumping and have not indicated we have no issues. I just choose to show the players and coaches respect for their accomplishments (including 2010 for Gus and 5th year seniors) by recognizing this is a public forum and acting accordingly.

You obviously want to be the guy who shows little appreciation for anything that hasn't happened this year and demands championships or firings every year. More power to you. Trolls are as pleasant to have around.

I wouldn't be shocked if changes aren't made in the off season, but I don't think they'll be the big ones some are looking for. CGM has earned the right to keep the staff he wants imo. If we tank harder the rest of the season who knows what he might do. If we beat bama anyone demanding a big change is a buffoon, imo.

2010 was a "good" year? Seriously. Talk about high standards, lol. I would go w/ spectacular and amazing, but that's me. I would do the same for last year. You conveniently stop at 8 years when 11 brings in our 3rd SECC in that span. Wtf else has done that? You are too much, lol.

You were the one who said that only bammers should expect consistency. That's hardly what I'd expect from a real Auburn person. In fact, you'bve changed your position with every post. It's always been trying to find some counter to the facts I've stated as if I'm a demon from stating the obvious. And the obvius is taht something is wrong at Auburn and needs to be fixed.

You've bounced from saying it was evil to point out that fact to saying that, "we're just Auburn and should change teams if we want consistency.".

Be sure and throw in a few childish insults while you're at it in order to try to bolster you manhood. I'm sure it helps. You probably need all the help you can get.

Only now are you finally willing to admit that YES there is something wrong and yes, during the off season hopefully some things will get fixed. Was taht so hard? What took you so long? Your pride?

Sure it would be great if Auburn beat bama this Sat. But they won't do it playing like they did last Sat, or the week before or the week before. Secondary out of position. Personal fouls after persoal foul. Sleep walking through the game. That won't beat many teams better than Samford. But we're just Auburn and shouldn't expect consistency from anything Auburn.

Last year we saw an Auburn team improve every week and develop into a great team. For some reason this year we've watched a team get worse with each week of the last half of the season,and that does not make any sense. It doesn't happen unless something is wrong.

The very few of you left who refuse to admit that are in a shrinking minority. Spew your insults all you want you will not change things with them. And you leave yourselves looking like pre-pubescent children as you behave that way.

*yawn* you done yet?

You were the one who said that only bammers should expect consistency. That's hardly what I'd expect from a real Auburn person. In fact, you'bve changed your position with every post. It's always been trying to find some counter to the facts I've stated as if I'm a demon from stating the obvious. And the obvius is taht something is wrong at Auburn and needs to be fixed.

You've bounced from saying it was evil to point out that fact to saying that, "we're just Auburn and should change teams if we want consistency.".

Be sure and throw in a few childish insults while you're at it in order to try to bolster you manhood. I'm sure it helps. You probably need all the help you can get.

Only now are you finally willing to admit that YES there is something wrong and yes, during the off season hopefully some things will get fixed. Was taht so hard? What took you so long? Your pride?

Sure it would be great if Auburn beat bama this Sat. But they won't do it playing like they did last Sat, or the week before or the week before. Secondary out of position. Personal fouls after persoal foul. Sleep walking through the game. That won't beat many teams better than Samford. But we're just Auburn and shouldn't expect consistency from anything Auburn.

Last year we saw an Auburn team improve every week and develop into a great team. For some reason this year we've watched a team get worse with each week of the last half of the season,and that does not make any sense. It doesn't happen unless something is wrong.

The very few of you left who refuse to admit that are in a shrinking minority. Spew your insults all you want you will not change things with them. And you leave yourselves looking like pre-pubescent children as you behave that way.

Let's play a game called "find one place where I have said everything is fine and we have no issues". Here's a hint, give up now because it doesn't exist. Seriously, you obviously don't get the points that I have been making so I will quit wasting my breath. Sorry if my comparing you to a troll bothers you, the resemblance is uncanny and I just connected the dots. Shoot the messenger.

Now, please continue to blather continuously about how unhappy you are with the team. It's your thing. You do it well. There's just not enough of it going on. It's great for karma. I hope it makes you feel better.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Archived