My SEC/Iron Bowl Conspiracy Theory

jmcrosson

*yawn* you done yet?

I don't demand sunshine pumping and have not indicated we have no issues. I just choose to show the players and coaches respect for their accomplishments (including 2010 for Gus and 5th year seniors) by recognizing this is a public forum and acting accordingly.

You obviously want to be the guy who shows little appreciation for anything that hasn't happened this year and demands championships or firings every year. More power to you. Trolls are as pleasant to have around.

I wouldn't be shocked if changes aren't made in the off season, but I don't think they'll be the big ones some are looking for. CGM has earned the right to keep the staff he wants imo. If we tank harder the rest of the season who knows what he might do. If we beat bama anyone demanding a big change is a buffoon, imo.

2010 was a "good" year? Seriously. Talk about high standards, lol. I would go w/ spectacular and amazing, but that's me. I would do the same for last year. You conveniently stop at 8 years when 11 brings in our 3rd SECC in that span. Wtf else has done that? You are too much, lol.

You were the one who said that only bammers should expect consistency. That's hardly what I'd expect from a real Auburn person. In fact, you'bve changed your position with every post. It's always been trying to find some counter to the facts I've stated as if I'm a demon from stating the obvious. And the obvius is taht something is wrong at Auburn and needs to be fixed.

You've bounced from saying it was evil to point out that fact to saying that, "we're just Auburn and should change teams if we want consistency.".

Be sure and throw in a few childish insults while you're at it in order to try to bolster you manhood. I'm sure it helps. You probably need all the help you can get.

Only now are you finally willing to admit that YES there is something wrong and yes, during the off season hopefully some things will get fixed. Was taht so hard? What took you so long? Your pride?

Sure it would be great if Auburn beat bama this Sat. But they won't do it playing like they did last Sat, or the week before or the week before. Secondary out of position. Personal fouls after persoal foul. Sleep walking through the game. That won't beat many teams better than Samford. But we're just Auburn and shouldn't expect consistency from anything Auburn.

Last year we saw an Auburn team improve every week and develop into a great team. For some reason this year we've watched a team get worse with each week of the last half of the season,and that does not make any sense. It doesn't happen unless something is wrong.

The very few of you left who refuse to admit that are in a shrinking minority. Spew your insults all you want you will not change things with them. And you leave yourselves looking like pre-pubescent children as you behave that way.

Let's play a game called "find one place where I have said everything is fine and we have no issues". Here's a hint, give up now because it doesn't exist. Seriously, you obviously don't get the points that I have been making so I will quit wasting my breath. Sorry if my comparing you to a troll bothers you, the resemblance is uncanny and I just connected the dots. Shoot the messenger.

Now, please continue to blather continuously about how unhappy you are with the team. It's your thing. You do it well. There's just not enough of it going on. It's great for karma. I hope it makes you feel better.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No one gets your point. It's because you haven't been making one. You never had one to make. You've only been babbling and spewing insults, just as you continue to do in this post.

Let's recap:

First you attacked me for saying that bama probably won't need the refs to fix the game for them this Sat. Auburn people must believe that bama always needs the refs to fix the game for them. "ref'rees stole it frum us" Sound familiar?

Then you criticized me for being interested in Auburn football. You are obviously interested in Auburn football but that is perfectly acceptable. It is only I who should be criticized for such an interest. Very astute of you. Glad you had the wisdom to make such a point.

Then I should not be saying anything about Auburn that isn't positive on a public forum because the team and coach read this forum and might see such posts and become discouraged. Whey wouldn't know anything was wrong if I didn't tell them. They weren't right in the middle of the team becoming unhinged and falling apart and didn't know about it until I told them.

Then I shouldn't be concerning myself with anything wrong now but with something that might have been wrong before 8 years ago. Even though what was wrong then has been taken care of. And 10 years ago things were ok.

If I want a team that is consistent I should switch allegiances to bama because they have consistently good teams and we at Auburn can't have consistently good teams because we're Auburn. We should be content to settle for a good team once every few years. We;re just Auburn after all. Good point.

Those were your points. All so well thought out. And all heavily mixed in with your childish insults and you pre-adolescent babbling about how anyone who points out Auburn's present problems is only whining.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No respect for your elders I see.

Did hims get to stay up late with school out for Thanksgiving? WHO'S A BIG BOY!? WHO'S A BIG BOY? Him is, that's who.

Run along now, sport.

Talk to your kids that way, if u have any. By the way u act and disrespect others because they don't pump sunshine like u, you may be a kid yourself. Go kick some more sand around son

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, junior.

You do realize that you're making a fool of yourself. Don't you? You're acting like a 12 year old with his feeling hurt because you can't keep up.

Did hims get to stay up late with school out for Thanksgiving? WHO'S A BIG BOY!? WHO'S A BIG BOY? Him is, that's who.

Run along now, sport.

Talk to your kids that way, if u have any. By the way u act and disrespect others because they don't pump sunshine like u, you may be a kid yourself. Go kick some more sand around son

Same to u kid

He is a child, WE. In his 20s probably but still an adolescent mentally. He knows this Auburn team has collapsed as well as does anyone but now is so invested in pumping sunshine that he can't afford to admit it. but all he can do is act like he thinks he some kind of big shot.

That talk he spewing out...that what he was hearing only a very few yers ago and now he repeating it. Sort of like a toddler threatening to spank their parents andthinking their threats will be received with the same fear they feel when their parents threaten them.

Run along now, sport.

You do realize that you're making a fool of yourself. Don't you? You're acting like a 12 year old with his feeling hurt because you can't keep up.

No, I don't realize that at all. I am drawing you out like the troll you are and you don't even realize it. Other tan incoherent babbling, you don't come across as a 60+ yr old AU grad at all.

Run along now, sport.

Same to u kid

He is a child, WE. In his 20s probably but still an adolescent mentally. He knows this Auburn team has collapsed as well as does anyone but now is so invested in pumping sunshine that he can't afford to admit it. but all he can do is act like he thinks he some kind of big shot.

That talk he spewing out...that what he was hearing only a very few yers ago and now he repeating it. Sort of like a toddler threatening to spank their parents andthinking their threats will be received with the same fear they feel when their parents threaten them.

And the troll sticks his head out farther. I'm not a big shot. Just a troll hunter. No one here is really sure if we6 is a troll or a silly youngster. Glad you found a companion you 60+ yr old AU grad. *snicker*

I take solace in the fact that if anyone has a big enough lack of a life to read our entire discussion they will see you for what you are.

Run along now, sport.

Same to u kid

That's alot of satisfaction you're taking in this teams performance. Kind of like a troll would. Just sayin.

Run along now, sport.

Same to u kid

And the troll sticks his head out farther. I'm not a big shot. Just a troll hunter. No one here is really sure if we6 is a troll or a silly youngster. Glad you found a companion you 60+ yr old AU grad. *snicker*

I take solace in the fact that if anyone has a big enough lack of a life to read our entire discussion they will see you for what you are.

Dude, u are a piece of work. For your info, u can stop worrying about me being a troll. Nobody bleeds orange and blue more than me. I just don't wear blinders like u when I know something is wrong with my tigers. U call yourself a troll hunter, lol. What you really are is a self righteous brat who thinks it's your way or the highway and all to be damned if someone mentions something U don't like. I can tell u right now, there are a lot of butting heads for u in the future because nobody is gonna pump sunshine more than u. That's a race your winning among a select few on this board

I'm sure saban has already talked to the SEC on how the refs needs to call the game so bammer will be asured of being in the 4 team playoff.

I don't think they'll need to worry. the refs probably won't need to step in to effect the outcome of that game.

Right. Auburn may hang around but their play over the last several games doesn't provide any encouragement to believe it will happen.

I'm already trying to put it behind me. I'm getting real sick of trying to put these games behind me before they're even played.

Yup. Watching 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0 is not alot of fun. Saturday's game may be no different.

This is 3 of the last 4 years this has happened. Do we really have to put up with this crap forever?

Not forever. Only til sbn retires

Oh and I'm 53 years old. And I have a great interest in this football team. I am not a troll. Whether you like or agree with his posts I believe it is sh!ttycrappy to suggest an Auburn man switch teams and not post here any more. IF you don't like his posts, don't read them.

I don't think they'll need to worry. the refs probably won't need to step in to effect the outcome of that game.

Right. Auburn may hang around but their play over the last several games doesn't provide any encouragement to believe it will happen.

I'm already trying to put it behind me. I'm getting real sick of trying to put these games behind me before they're even played.

Yup. Watching 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0 is not alot of fun. Saturday's game may be no different.

This is 3 of the last 4 years this has happened. Do we really have to put up with this crap forever?

Not forever. Only til sbn retires

Oh and I'm 53 years old. And I have a great interest in this football team. I am not a troll. Whether you like or agree with his posts I believe it is sh!ttycrappy to suggest an Auburn man switch teams and not post here any more. IF you don't like his posts, don't read them.

Thanks for that. I wonder if it's a high school mentality that says you always have to pretend like everything is hunky dorey even when it's obviously not because the grown up are in charge and know so much more than you.

Granted Auburn has some great teams still. Not like the consistently good teams Pat Dye had or like Tubs at his best, but a spattering of fine teams. It's the teams that aren't great that really sink intogosh awful. 3 SEC titles in the pat 10 years but how many teams that weren't worth the powder to blow them up?

To say that's ok is to do Auburn a disservice. We're all beyond the grade school level now and have a right to speak up when our hired help isn't giving our alma mater thebest they they're being paid for.

Run along now, sport.

No, I don't realize that at all. I am drawing you out like the troll you are and you don't even realize it. Other tan incoherent babbling, you don't come across as a 60+ yr old AU grad at all.

You're acting like a spoiled child. You really think that you should have the right to determine what others here have the right to say and ban them if they don't pump sunshine like you've been taught to do. When you've shown yourself for the self righteous fool that you are you pitch a spoiled brat temper tantrum and spew insults and call names.

And you think that makes you a big man.

If anybody still thinks there is a conspiracy theory to favor an SEC team to the Final Four, they didn't watch the Iron Bowl. I kind of lost track of how many close calls went our way. Many of those calls came when we were ahead and looked to be in control, on bammer's home field. If, in the future, someone starts this up again just refer them to a recording of the '14 Iron Bowl.

The ref's do make some honest mistakes, but there is not any scheme to favor the higher ranked team.

If anybody still thinks there is a conspiracy theory to favor an SEC team to the Final Four, they didn't watch the Iron Bowl. I kind of lost track of how many close calls went our way. Many of those calls came when we were ahead and looked to be in control, on bammer's home field. If, in the future, someone starts this up again just refer them to a recording of the '14 Iron Bowl.

The ref's do make some honest mistakes, but there is not any scheme to favor the higher ranked team.

AMEN! :bow:

The only real issue I had with calls were pro-Bama ball spots on two drives when we were closing in to score in the first half. They were numerous and obvious. Not so much a conspiracy thing, more like one ref reliving the 70's.

The only real issue I had with calls were pro-Bama ball spots on two drives when we were closing in to score in the first half. They were numerous and obvious. Not so much a conspiracy thing, more like one ref reliving the 70's.

I noticed the spots in the beginning of the game but lost track after that. The one call I had the most trouble with was the mugging of Duke down close to the goal line while the ball was in the air that went uncalled. If that's allowed we should have started doing that to Cooper. >:(

There were a few close calls on 3rd and 4th down spots for both teams, but really this game came down to our failure to convert in the redzone. Clock management at the end of the first half was atrocious. We could have gotten another or maybe two plays off before that field goal attempt if coach had called a timeout immediately after the Coates catch.

We caught a break on Quan Bray's reviewed "catch" in the 3rd quarter. By rule it was an interception but the refs missed it. The Alabama defender Bradley Sylve had his foot hit the ground first. By rule it should have been an interception nullifying the simulatenous catch ruling.

Here's an article I found that goes into more detail and gives you the official rule on a simultaneous catch. I was reading other message boards and that play was brought up so I ended up finding this article:

http://www.foxsports...-pereira-112914

Let’s look at the NCAA Rule Book, Part 2, under "interpretations'' for the answer. Under the Completed Pass, Article 6, rule 7-3-6, section 2: Two opposing players receive a legal forward pass while both are off the ground, and one payer returns to the ground inbounds before the other. Ruling: No simultaneous catch. The legal forward pass is completed or intercepted by the player who first returned to the ground.

Anyone arguing about officiating in the Iron Bowl has no reason to. I felt it was a fairly called game and like the ruling above we caught a break surprisngly, even though we ended up losing.

Archived