Early Bowl Projections

AU-HANDLEY-TIGER

Since we are destined for a mid-tier level this year- c'mon Music City Bowl. Pretty short drive for me and Nashville is a fine place to spend a night or two.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we are destined for a mid-tier level this year- c'mon Music City Bowl. Pretty short drive for me and Nashville is a fine place to spend a night or two.

The end of December, outside? meh Florida please.

scared

actually haven't seen anything but after the SEC whooping they had in the bcs two years ago, and then see we just 44 on bama, thye should be scared

scared

actually haven't seen anything but after the SEC whooping they had in the bcs two years ago, and then see we just 44 on bama, thye should be scared

Our defense doesn't scare anyone. It should since there will be changes though.

scared

Our defense doesn't scare anyone. It should since there will be changes though.

It will be more scary next year. Won't be able to do a whole lot before the bowl game, since you do have to work on getting ready for the game. Hard to know exactly how the seniors will react to the new DC.

I've been hearing either the Outback Bowl, Tax Slayer Bowl, and the Music City Bowl. The latest thing I've heard was the Music City Bowl against Louisville.

I hope to heck we do not play Louisville. We probably win 130 to 125. Petrino will pass all over our pourous defense. I hope we play Minnesota. They are tough and physical but we match up better with them

Notre Dame would be great for program publicity/visibility/recruiting. And, they ended the season on an even worse skid than we did. I would be thrilled with this matchup.

The thought of slapping the Fighting Irish around makes my mouth water more than a medium rare rib eye

Well a simple way for us to not play Wisconsin is for them to beat Ohio State this weekend (which very well may happen).

Do not want to play Wisconsin with our current "lack" of defense and surely do not want to play Louisville until next Fall. My favorite scenario so far is us getting to play in the Outback against Minnesota. A new and different style team and a whole lot less drama....No Petrino nor Dyer.

The Outback is a very good possibility considering it has the 2nd largest Alumni group and lots of business money.

Having local Alumni didn't help us with attendance last time (2009 season). The place was empty.

The Outback is a very good possibility considering it has the 2nd largest Alumni group and lots of business money.

Having local Alumni didn't help us with attendance last time (2009 season). The place was empty.

I blame that on the weather. It was really nasty that day.

I think the business money side plays more a part than attendance really but who knows at this point there is no telling

I think the business money side plays more a part than attendance really but who knows at this point there is no telling

Could be....To further complicate matters, the SEC office will be assigning bowls this year (at least for the top 6 non playoff bowls). The bowls and the teams will send a list of their preferences, but Birmingham gets to decide what teams go where.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/4_strong_bowl_possibilities_fo.html#incart_big-photo

So all we really can guess is that we will be playing sometime from Dec. 29th to Jan. 2nd. in a city somewhere between Houston and Charlotte. So that makes planning really easy. :dunno:

And Northwestern. Sorry, but that fan base doesn't travel nor does their brand drum up local interest.

Archived