Early Bowl Projections

AU-HANDLEY-TIGER

This has been mentioned a little, but not much... What about AU to the Texas Bowl in Houston? I know it's a longer trip than most destinations, but I think it would be neat to beat the Longhorns in their own backyard. Would definitely make the trip, and exposure in Texas is never bad for recruiting.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be nice to play someone we've not seen before...and someone that would help draw a nice crowd. Hoping we get the game in Charlotte....maybe against ND as an ACC representative.

Playing ND would be huge. This would help with recruiting and would be watched world-wide.

Playing ND would be huge. This would help with recruiting and would be watched world-wide.

Playing ND would be great. Reading their boards, it's clear they're afraid they'll get stuck playing somebody like Auburn from the SEC and get blown out.

As long as we don't play Clemson and as long as it isn't the Chick Fil A bowl, I don't care. Outback sounds great.

As long as we don't play Clemson and as long as it isn't the Chick Fil A bowl, I don't care. Outback sounds great.

It won't be the Chick Fil A bowl it's consider one of the major bowl games now.

Playing Notre Dame in Jacksonville or Tampa would be great. I just don't see playing Louisville, Wisconsin or frickin Clemson. Let's do a game for the fans, no the same old same crap again. Even if we play Minnesota that would at least be something different.

Unfortunately an AU vs Clemson game is almost a guaranteed sellout in Atlanta...and probably Nashville too. When it comes down to it the $$$ rules and what the fans want is probably not even a factor.

I'm glad your experience with them was enjoyable, like mine was with Georgia fans this year in Athens. I guess I just happened to be around the bad ones at the game in 2007.

So my daughter is a Professor at the U of Minnesota. I am praying anybody BUT U of M. There is no upside in our household no matter what the out come.

Can't see us playing Louisville in a bowl this year- don't we open with them in '15?

Playing ND would be great. Reading their boards, it's clear they're afraid they'll get stuck playing somebody like Auburn from the SEC and get blown out.

nice to know they respect us :)

These are four bowls slated for possible ACC vs. SEC

Duck Commander Independence Bowl

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl

Belk Bowl

TaxSlayer Bowl

Why has nobody projected an Auburn vs. Notre Dame match up in any of them? It would be a great game and probably sellout.

Auburn-Louisville? Really? Auburn-Maryland? What?!

Does anyone have an idea if Carl Lawson might AU in our bowl game. It would be great if he could at least start practicing again during our bowl practices

He's been out all year. No sense in bringing him in now. Just let him get his rehab done and be back for spring practice.

^^This all day long. It's redshirt city for Carl.

It is the returning to practice, getting reps in and getting back his speed that I want. Him being able to take part in bowl practices will help both Carl and our defense next year. Secondly, a reshirt may mean nothing for Carl, most think as long as he plays at a high level, his next year of football at AU will be his last.

Does anyone have an idea if Carl Lawson might AU in our bowl game. It would be great if he could at least start practicing again during our bowl practices

He's been out all year. No sense in bringing him in now. Just let him get his rehab done and be back for spring practice.

It is the returning to practice, getting reps in and getting back his speed that I want. Him being able to take part in bowl practices will help both Carl and our defense next year. Secondly, a reshirt may mean nothing for Carl, most think as long as he plays at a high level, his next year of football at AU will be his last.

If he is far enough along then it would be ok but he hasn't practiced at all so I am doubtful he has progressed to the point of doing anything.

I don't want to play Wisconsin because through all the hoop la of the awful pass defense we haven't been stopping the run either. I think Gordon would rush for at least 200. And the one thing we don't want is a team controlling the T.O.P. against us

If he is far enough along then it would be ok but he hasn't practiced at all so I am doubtful he has progressed to the point of doing anything.

no way he plays or practices imo. his full recovery far outweighs any notion of getting a jump on next year. take your time be ready in spring or fall.

After seeing Clemson obliterate a South Carolina team that we barely sneaked by, I'm not too fond of playing them right now.

USCe was a damaged team by the end of the season...no depth, injuries, etc. Hard to draw any conclusions IMO...but I agree, don't want to see them again ....but I don't fear their defense and with Watson out, their QB is not much of a threat.

After seeing Clemson obliterate a South Carolina team that we barely sneaked by, I'm not too fond of playing them right now.

USCe went for every 4th down conversion that game. If we had a defense that Spurrier respected it wouldn't have been near that close.

We will have a slightly different d for the bowl game.

I don't want to play Wisconsin because through all the hoop la of the awful pass defense we haven't been stopping the run either. I think Gordon would rush for at least 200. And the one thing we don't want is a team controlling the T.O.P. against us

TOP would not be a concern, because he has more 20+ yard runs than 117 other FBS teams. 5 runs max, and they're in the end zone…our possession.

Archived