coaching changes

corchjay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does every one think Coach Fountain is safe? Our special teams and HB/TE play have been meh....

Not safe at all. Prior to Johnson being canned I was actually hearing that he was the most likely coach to be replaced.

Garner to TE and ST?

Wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not sure that Garner has any ST coaching experience. The TE coach part is plausible.

I want everyone on D gone except Garner. Fountain needs to be fired also.

So you think Garner did great with his five senior DL guys and two former 5* sophomores? I'd say they underperformed as badly as any defensive group we put on the field.

Does every one think Coach Fountain is safe? Our special teams and HB/TE play have been meh....

Garner to TE and ST?

Let the DC bring in his own guys?

I don't think he'll be harmed, but he may need to look for work.

LOL great response.

Thinking back on things. Did we not send our entire DL last year to a camp with Dr. Sack? I mean, really, I'm a coach and I believe in the fundamentals I teach yet if I feel I need to change a few things I'll try to catch a coaching clinic and study how I might can implement it into the framework that I use. I would never send my players to another coach. Maybe I'm stubborn.

Also to thinking back I think Gus and Rhett gave another "absolutely not" when asked if Nick Marshall would work with a Qb "guru" in the off season.

If Garner is to be a positive force for this team, it would probably best if he were moved off the field and into a nice, warm full-time gig in the Recruiting Office.

If Garner is to be a positive force for this team, it would probably best if he were moved off the field and into a nice, warm full-time gig in the Recruiting Office.

Do you really think a coach like Garner would accept a desk job?

No

For years folks here said we needed to pay anything to get Garner. Relax and let it work out.

Agree, CRG brings intangibles to the program beyond his DL coaching ability.

Probably not, but in my scenario, that would be up to him.

For years folks here said we needed to pay anything to get Garner. Relax and let it work out.

What is your opinion of D-Line play and recruiting for D-Line players this season?

Agree, CRG brings intangibles to the program beyond his DL coaching ability.

I am OK either way with him. We need a pass rush that doesn't depend on just pure athletic ability but scheme for it. Not saying blitz but move guys around. Do some stunts and the like. Teach them technique.

Garner is overrated he wasn't good at UGA and he is a decent recruiter. Thing is in UGA u have a large pool of 5 stars and not nearly as much competition. Georgia could be much better at recruiting. Saban could turn UGANDA into what he has Bama much easier.

Boulware should be available. His ST units under the Chiz regime were outstanding

Was thinking the same thing!

So you think Garner did great with his five senior DL guys and two former 5* sophomores? I'd say they underperformed as badly as any defensive group we put on the field.

So true!

Since Bentley resigned and will likely be the new OC at Clemson, I can see Fountain being moved to Bentley's off the field position.

Did Bentley resign? I saw you post it here, then I went looking around to find confirmation. It seems there are conflicting reports.

Boulware should be available. His ST units under the Chiz regime were outstanding

He is an outstanding coach, but why would Gus go out now and get a coach he basically fired two years ago? And would Boulware even entertain coming back?

We don't need anybody from the Chizaster era

Half joking -- the 2010 natty was awesome but I just wanted to use the term "Chizaster"

He didn't fire him. The regime changed and he was not retained along with every other coach on the staff. Big difference there. Malzaln has had a chance to define an identity apart from Chizik's. Retaining a coach on the Chizik staff would have been holding over some of the same identity.

Since Bentley resigned and will likely be the new OC at Clemson, I can see Fountain being moved to Bentley's off the field position.

I hope these rumors are early and unconfirmed. If Pat Sullivan retires at Samford, I would think CRL would be a candidate. Word was when Malzahn hired Bentley as an analyst it was so he could be an OC in waiting if CRL was hired away.

Assuming that Gus does not pull a Chiz and micromanage the D he will find a DC he can trust give him authority to keep or bring in any coaches he wants and then let him create a D that will help Gus's O. I personally Like Boom as new DC but I am not wed to only Boom.

Archived