coaching changes

corchjay

Without a pass rusher on the end, it hinders the entire DL. Teams can focus on the DTs. I would imagine protection schemes would change if we had Lawson on the edge coming hard which would open up the middle. I really think we would see a big difference with the entire line if we had that edge rusher. Garner did not have a full deck to play with this year. He was solid at Georgia for like 10 years. He is not a problem IMO.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here is an interesting tweet from Tim Horton's wife..

E4D2sbZh_normal.jpegCaroline Horton @carolinehorton7 · 14h14 hours ago

it's just a football game to most, but for us it's our life... going to miss game days with my very best friends.
1f499.png

Any ideas?

Horton went to Gadsden, Sunday, with Malzahn and visited with Tyler Carr.

Jeffrey Lee ‏@JLeeAU21 7m7 minutes ago

Gus Malzahn and Tim Horton visited Auburn four-star OL commit Tyler Carr on Sunday http://shar.es/1XRSNP

People often try to read too much into tweets.

Horton is not out....she tweeted that about the Johnson's leaving AU. That photo is of Caroline Horton and Caroline Johnson and their kids.

Horton is not out....she tweeted that about the Johnson's leaving AU. That photo is of Caroline Horton and Caroline Johnson and their kids.

thank you I got a bit confused :)

I agree...move Fountain off field. Garner to TE.

Muschamp in as DC, T-Rob at DB. Go after Rocker at D-line, or bring the guy from Florida. As for LB, talk to K.Greene, Takeo Spikes, or bring up T-Will.

I agree...move Fountain off field. Garner to TE.

Muschamp in as DC, T-Rob at DB. Go after Rocker at D-line, or bring the guy from Florida. As for LB, talk to K.Greene, Takeo Spikes, or bring up T-Will.

Greene stepped out of coaching on his own and will remain out for the forseeable future. Spikes hasn't coached a day in his life. The other two are possible I suppose.

Ok, if you were Gus, and the new DC asked why should I keep any of the present coaches, what would you tell him???

You have to give the DC free reign in the position people. About the only one that I would say is as close to certain to not go is Garner.

"You have to give the DC free reign in the position people. About the only one that I would say is as close to certain to not go is Garner."

Bases on the lack of pass rush and the number on 3rd & longs we gave up because of it - Garner might be the first that need to go.

"You have to give the DC free reign in the position people. About the only one that I would say is as close to certain to not go is Garner."

Bases on the lack of pass rush and the number on 3rd & longs we gave up because of it - Garner might be the first that need to go.

I'm basing that on the fact that he has the title of assistant HC. He did do a heck of a job last year with those guys. Without a pass rusher on the edge it made it difficult for the remaining guys. Except for the UGA game they did good against the run. If the new DC decides to replace everyone then so be it. I would imagine he'll retain at least one or two of the present members of the staff. I think boom and RG can work good together.

When Garner came he took what he had to work with. In IMO Blackson, Whitaker and especially Wright were all under achievers. I know Whitaker suffered injuries, but those guys hardly dominated. I guess what I am saying is let RG have his time and see what he can turn out. I, for one, think it will be good.

When Garner came he took what he had to work with. In IMO Blackson, Whitaker and especially Wright were all under achievers. I know Whitaker suffered injuries, but those guys hardly dominated. I guess what I am saying is let RG have his time and see what he can turn out. I, for one, think it will be good.

What happened to Adams this year...he just kind of disappeared...was he hurt? Seemed at the end of last year he would have been a real force on the DL...anything that Garner could have/should have done with him?

I think several have this opinion regarding some of the D linemen, time will tell about the rest moving forward

What happened to Adams this year...he just kind of disappeared...was he hurt? Seemed at the end of last year he would have been a real force on the DL...anything that Garner could have/should have done with him?

People have been saying that Adams has been double teamed all year.

People have been saying that Adams has been double teamed all year.

I did see him doubled a lot, don't know that this explains everything or not

I thought that CRG coached the OL at UGA as well as the DL there. His recruiting skills are as about as good as it gets. I would be fine with moving CRG to the OL. Grimes has been a decent OL coach, but CRG brings so much more to the table than Coach Grimes.

Let the new DC bring in his staff as much as possible. This would great if we get Muschamp. I am sure that this would be one of his requirements.

Archived