2015 4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke (LSU signee)

WarEagleAU

7_1321831.jpg
Chidi Okeke-Valentine, OT
Stockbridge, GA (Faith Baptist Christian North)
Ht: 6-6 | Wt: 305
Recruiter: Scott Fountain (area), J.B. Grimes (position coach)

- Auburn offered him on 6/6/14
- Official Visit to AU 12/10/14
- Attended game in JHS this past October
- Plans to visit AU again this week (1/26/15)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Illinois, Louisville, LSU, Miami (FL), South Carolina, Temple, UCF, USF, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

247 5* (No. 5 OT)
Rivals 3*
Scout 4*
ESPN 4*

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't this the guy that got beaten pretty badly by Marlon Davidson at the last camp?

He has only been playing football for a year or two, Max.

Yep, just one year according to 247.

He has only been playing football for a year or two, Max.

Yep, just one year according to 247.

FSU just got a commitment from Abdul Bello from Montverde Academy in Fl. who is a 4 star OT and this kid hasn't even played a full year of organized football

Here's hoping Miami doesn't have a great year

Auburn, FSU, Alabama and LSU are ahead of Miami. IMO, FSU/Auburn battle.

Just saw on an ESPN thing the other day they were talking about him. They said that by the time NSD rolls around next year, everyone will know this kids name. They listed him as a big time sleeper.

But they listed the #1 ATH and him as big time sleepers, I don't really get how you can be a sleeper pickup if you're highly sought after.

Just saw on an ESPN thing the other day they were talking about him. They said that by the time NSD rolls around next year, everyone will know this kids name. They listed him as a big time sleeper.

But they listed the #1 ATH and him as big time sleepers, I don't really get how you can be a sleeper pickup if you're highly sought after.

I do believe he is #1 on AU OL board for next year. ELITE talent.

I do believe he is #1 on AU OL board for next year. ELITE talent.

Pretty impressive considering he has only played 1 year of organized football.

• 1 month later...

don't we have other recuits/commits from this same HS?

article on 247 says he is moving to Atlanta at the request of a group identified as his legal guardians.[/orange]

http://247sports.com...lanta--29840069

We've never had much luck with kids that have one or a group of "guardians" and that includes advisers and handlers. I wish this kid wasn't in that position, but since he is UGA may be a good fit. They don't seem to mind turnover and controversy in Athens.

don't we have other recuits/commits from this same HS?

article on 247 says he is moving to Atlanta at the request of a group identified as his legal guardians.[/orange]

http://247sports.com...lanta--29840069

We've never had much luck with kids that have one or a group of "guardians" and that includes advisers and handlers. I wish this kid wasn't in that position, but since he is UGA may be a good fit. They don't seem to mind turnover and controversy in Athens.

That is what they say about us too. I did see last night that another CB from UGA is off their team.

Archived