2015 4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke (LSU signee)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night, OL Chidi Valentine-Okeke opted to wait to make his announcement between AU, Bama, and LSU. Reportedly, that's because bammer's recruiters visited him and said their top target, Prince, was now visiting Ohio State this weekend. So I imagine Chidi fell for the B.S. and will wait. I want him if AU wants him, but he's likely to be a project as little as he's played. Big upside, but big risk too, since his sports were limited to soccer and basketball in Nigeria. Great footwork and agility can be built in those sports; thus the intrigue Chidi creates

Crazy as it may sound, are we sure we have room for him.... He may have been ready, but maybe we were not. We blame it on the UA visit, but maybe we told him to hold, like Redwhine, and currently GG.

Watching him the other night, I could see that as just as much the hurt and confusion as potential reasoning.

All he has to do is give his commitment to Auburn and then sign with the Tigers next week and it will be over with.

John Madden...Is that you?

Not really disappointed. We have plenty of great OL commits - not a huge position of need. Maybe we can use that extra spot for a player on the D line?

Not really disappointed. We have plenty of great OL commits - not a huge position of need. Maybe we can use that extra spot for a player on the D line?

I didn't see us taking both Valentine and Ivey. However, not getting either won't be so wonderful. Agree, this class is already good at OL but we sure could use a top-level OT in the final mix.

I didn't see us taking both Valentine and Ivey. However, not getting either won't be so wonderful. Agree, this class is already good at OL but we sure could use a top-level OT in the final mix.

Agree, and I think Ivey would qualify as a top level OT. I think Okeke is probably similar in ability to the commits we already have? At the end of the day I don't think we get Ivey either, but we'll see.

His sudden commitment to LSU has to mean that Prince to Bama must stick. I have to think the staff either feels good about Ivey or just the existing OL commits we have.

Agreed.

I think LSU just won this one.

Committed to LSU.

Chidi Valentine-Okeke said, "LSU is where my mind told me to go." What a surprise this was.

@ChadSimmons_

Oddly enough, the LSU fans were the one's questioning the grades/credits issues. I suppose this means he is cleared to play.Good for the kid.

His sudden commitment to LSU has to mean that Prince to Bama must stick. I have to think the staff either feels good about Ivey or just the existing OL commits we have.

Homer view: I think we may have told the kid to go kick rocks. He was all ready to go to AU and then he finds out that uat still wants him and he stops his commitment. That probably did not sit well. Plus he enjoyed his visit to LSU - the kid really likes LSU.

Also Prince will probably stick with uat since that is where COV really wanted to go. Either way, I do not think this has anything to do with Ivey. I think Ivey is going to UF no matter what at this point.

I think this surprised everyone including LSU. Since he was always pegged as an Auburn or Alabama commit, it was thought that he was supposed to commit to AU the other night and since Bama came back into the picture before the announcement, most thought that it was once again an AU-UA battle.

IMO I think we got news from Ivey, and told Okeke that we didn't have room for him, otherwise we would have still been hard on him. Although I still don't feel good about Ivey, and Bama doesn't have room for him until Price decommits, and LSU had no problems with him and plenty of room for him. Now LSU may have just won out for him, but if he was picking LSU the other night when he was supposed to announce, I think he would have done it.

I see Sabanology written all over this one. "Hey kid, if we can't get you in and AU wants a commitment right now why not go to LSU since you like it so much? It's a win/win for you"....lol

Agreed.

I think LSU just won this one.

This. We would have been glad to take this guy.

This does have an "anywhere but Auburn" feel to it, which is also a significant factor working on Ole Miss' favor with Cece. I have no doubt Jefferson got an "anywhere but Auburn" pitch in Tuscaloosa when he stopped through.

Archived