2015 4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke (LSU signee)

WarEagleAU

• 1 month later...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump. Interesting article about 4* OL Chidi Valentine-Okeke. Evidently he idolizes Greg Robinson. Is he a take??

http://www.al.com/sp...for_massiv.html

Auburn is reportedly in good standing with four-star offensive tackle Chidi Valentine-Okeke, who has planned an official visit to the Plains next month.

The 6-foot-6, 305-pound Nigerian began playing football when he moved to the United States a year ago. According to 247Sports, he's been reclassified to the 2015 recruiting cycle and hopes to announce his commitment at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in January.

The Faith Baptist Christian Academy (Stockbridge, Ga.) standout enjoyed his Oct. 25 visit to Auburn for the South Carolina game. He said Auburn has "always been one of my top schools," but he claims no leader.

Valentine-Okeke's academic status is being closely monitored by the Tigers. Scott Fountain serves as his primary recruiter, but he was coached by J.B. Grimes during his camp visit to Auburn in July.

"He's a nice coach," Valentine-Okeke said. "He coached Greg Robinson and I'm looking to be like him. That shows he knows what he is doing."

Valentine-Okeke also offers from Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina, among others.

Is he a take??

Yes but UGA likely leads.

Are you now saying we would take 3 more OL in this class? Okeke, Patterson and Ivey. I know it is highly unlikely but still possible all 3 could decide AU is the right fit.

Is he a take??

Are you now saying we would take 3 more OL in this class? Okeke, Patterson and Ivey. I know it is highly unlikely but still possible all 3 could decide AU is the right fit.

Of course we'd take those three. You don't turn down talent like that. Numbers on the "big board" are in chalk so they can be erased and changed.

Is he a take??

No I'm not saying that. My understanding is the staff does not even know what they would do if all 3 want in. What is known is the staff would take 2 of the 3 though. if 2 want to come.

Is he a take??

No I'm not saying that. My understanding is the staff does not even know what they would do if all 3 want in. What is known is the staff would take 2 of the 3 though. if 2 want to come.

But if they are all takes then that means the staff would take all 3, not just 2 of 3 no? Of course we are really talking theoretical here more than anything but still.

Is he a take??

But if they are all takes then that means the staff would take all 3, not just 2 of 3 no? Of course we are really talking theoretical here more than anything but still.

No. it means all 3 are takes as things stand now. If 2 commit to AU then the staff has not decided if the 3rd will remain a take at that point.. It likely won't matter as the Rebs likely lead for JP, UGA likely leads for CVO, and trending thought is UF probably has the edge on Ivey as of now.

Another thing to consider is that if we get another commit or 2 on the OL, then we most likely lose Marquel Harrell. He's already looking at Tennessee due to early playing time and a thin depth chart. If he has to compete with 4 or 5 other OL in this class, then he's more than likely gone.

Another thing to consider is that if we get another commit or 2 on the OL, then we most likely lose Marquel Harrell. He's already looking at Tennessee due to early playing time and a thin depth chart. If he has to compete with 4 or 5 other OL in this class, then he's more than likely gone.

So, you're saying Harrell is afraid of competition? Have you discussed this with Harrell or are you just guessing here?

So, you're saying Harrell is afraid of competition? Have you discussed this with Harrell or are you just guessing here?

I'm just guessing here, BUT I'm basing this off of quotes from him earlier in the recruiting cycle when he was on flip watch to Tennessee. He could be our most solid recruit now for all I know. But his public comments from just a few months ago lead me to believe that he would be on flip watch again if we landed 2 of the 3 mentioned above.

Harrell has actually been very committed the past couple of months. JB had a heart to heart convo about things with Harrell after Harrell's comments on UT and I think Harrell fully understands the scope of things now. Also UT has backed way off since MH firmed up to AU. Also Ivey & CVO would not affect MH anyway. They are projected tackles. He's a projected guard.

Seems to me, landing Ivey or CVO would give us a pretty ideal OL signing class. 2 OTs (Sharp and Player X), 2 OGs (Carr and Harrell), and 1 C (Kim). I'm sure we'd take Ivey and CVO (or Patterson), but the five man class with that distribution would be a home run.

Harrell has actually been very committed the past couple of months. JB had a heart to heart convo about things with Harrell after Harrell's comments on UT and I think Harrell fully understands the scope of things now. Also UT has backed way off since MH firmed up to AU. Also Ivey & CVO would not affect MH anyway. They are projected tackles. He's a projected guard.

Yep, I have been following Harrell for a while on Twitter and he has some interesting tweets. He sounds very committed now. I think he will be excellent. He goes hard and long blocking until the play is over.

Seems to me, landing Ivey or CVO would give us a pretty ideal OL signing class. 2 OTs (Sharp and Player X), 2 OGs (Carr and Harrell), and 1 C (Kim). I'm sure we'd take Ivey and CVO (or Patterson), but the five man class with that distribution would be a home run.

And don't forget Austin Golson either. He will be eligible just like the rest of this class in 2015. He was a top 100 recruit out of HS and the #10 OT. He could play either guard spot or RT at AU.

And don't forget Austin Golson either. He will be eligible just like the rest of this class in 2015. He was a top 100 recruit out of HS and the #10 OT. He could play either guard spot or RT at AU.

Plus Golson started as a true freshman for Ole Miss. I would expect him to see the field.

Yeah, I was more focused on the class of guys that will be freshmen or likely redshirt freshmen together.

We are likely to return Coleman (Jr), Kozan (Jr - with a possible medical RS on the back end for an additional year), Danzey (Sr), Young (Jr), and Miller (Sr). All of those guys have starting experience. Plus, we'll have Golson as a So, and he's got starting experience in the SEC.

Without a rash of injuries, I don't expect any incoming recruit, Ivey included, to play on the OL next year.

Yeah, I was more focused on the class of guys that will be freshmen or likely redshirt freshmen together.

We are likely to return Coleman (Jr), Kozan (Jr - with a possible medical RS on the back end for an additional year), Danzey (Sr), Young (Jr), and Miller (Sr). All of those guys have starting experience. Plus, we'll have Golson as a So, and he's got starting experience in the SEC.

Without a rash of injuries, I don't expect any incoming recruit, Ivey included, to play on the OL next year.

The RS on Kozan will be nice insurance but I don't think it will be needed. I think AK's draft potential will have him leaving before his last year of playing eligibility. Because of G-Rob's AK gets overlooked on how good he is. He was damn good on the left side.

And to go along withe the players you mentioned we also have Dampeer expected to be the C and Drago will play too. Between those 8 guys it will be interesting to see who starts.

Totally agree re: Kozan. He was fantastic, and assuming he comes back fully healthy, the only possible reason he isn't the starting LG is if we move him inside to start at Center. A healthy Kozan is the biggest lock on the OL.

I didn't list Dampeer or Smith because they don't have starting experience, but yes, I actually expect Dampeer to start at Center. Coleman/Kozan/Dampeer/Young/Miller is probably the safest bet for the starting OL, but there is a ton of positional flexibility in there. Kozan could go inside to Center. Young has looked better as a Tackle. Both Smith and Golson can work at Guard or Tackle. There are a ton of combinations that would work, and most of them would be unsurprising. Kinda bangs home the point that I don't expect a true Freshman in the mix next fall.

If Ivey doesn't feel he has a chance to start next fall I think he is UF's to lose.

Not necessarily but you have a good point. Tez is keeping his eyes open.......

Archived