2015 4* OT Chidi Valentine Okeke (LSU signee)

WarEagleAU

It sort of does matter because sooner or later facts come in on all these players and when you post a school and end it with a . It suggests that it's fact rather than opinion, and since nobody is ALWAYS correct it could save a meltdown if people don't make absolute claims or people brag about their"usually"right status

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sort of does matter because sooner or later facts come in on all these players and when you post a school and end it with a . It suggests that it's fact rather than opinion, and since nobody is ALWAYS correct it could save a meltdown if people don't make absolute claims or people brag about their"usually"right status

Darn it! Ellitor went and made me agree with cole256! Well, it's 12 degrees outside this morning so it might be a cold day in hell. :)

Let me rephrase my statement. No post about a recruit's choice should be read as a fact until the fax is in even if the post reads "school x." All posts, even the "school x" ones should have the IMO implied in readers minds when reading it. It's all opinion and for anyone who has followed recruiting for any length of time it would be foolish to read a school choice pick from a poster as fact. Recruiting is a different animal than many things in life. 99% of it is conjecture.

FTR yes Bama likely leads for chidi

Let me rephrase my statement. No post about a recruit's choice should be read as a fact until the fax is in even if the post reads "school x." All posts, even the "school x" ones should have the IMO implied in readers minds when reading it. It's all opinion and for anyone who has followed recruiting for any length of time it would be foolish to read a school choice pick from a poster as fact. Recruiting is a different animal than many things in life. 99% of it is conjecture.

Well said, E. I apologize. Yes, it's my opinion. Glad to see you here. WE!

I know that but you have many that hang on every word from certain posters. And trouble starts when somebody questions a statement and all those people attack a person and pretty much makes fun of their perspective then if the other posters are wrong you should expect people to come back with I told you so's and whatnot.

But besides all that you miss the point, take this guy for instance he could have very well come out and said I'm going to bammer, when you post something like bama. Then it makes people think the prospect has committed out of HIS mouth not an opinion.

Go look at all the prospects that committed to other schools in the rivals section and the last few posts will read like this. Bama. Tenn. Uga. Ole miss. It's easy to see why there could be confusion.

The onus is on the poster, not the reader. Who knows how many lurkers and new readers check out a forum and see "AU!" and don't know what to make of it or take it as the gospel. You don't write for the top end of your readers, you write for the new and inexperienced because the top end can take care of themselves. It takes little time to add "my opinion" and it would save much of what cole256 described above.

The onus is on the poster, not the reader. Who knows how many lurkers and new readers check out a forum and see "AU!" and don't know what to make of it or take it as the gospel. You don't write for the top end of your readers, you write for the new and inexperienced because the top end can take care of themselves. It takes little time to add "my opinion" and it would save much of what cole256 described above.

Dang it, Mikey! Now you went and made me agree with E! j/k

But seriously -- caveat lector. Besides, a lot of the way that newbies learn who might be more reliable is all the debate about whether we should believe what someone says. If 23 or WDE or someone comes on and says it's just their opinion, people might not know that their opinions are often informed.

:dunno:

Darn it! Ellitor went and made me agree with cole256! Well, it's 12 degrees outside this morning so it might be a cold day in hell. :)/>

12 degrees outside is spring weather for us folks in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was -4 degrees in my neck of the woods. It gets much colder here due to being 3050 feet above sea-level. Last winter, it went down to -11 degrees one morning last January.

So how come UAT and UGA have 45% and 40%, respectively, to our 10% in 247's crystal ball if we are COV's co-leader with UAT? I know these are just best guesses by recruiting guys but that doesn't seem to make sense.

So how come UAT and UGA have 45% and 40%, respectively, to our 10% in 247's crystal ball if we are COV's co-leader with UAT? I know these are just best guesses by recruiting guys but that doesn't seem to make sense.

Unless I missed him saying something recently, Bama has been the solid leader for a month or so now (check back to the last couple pages).

Unless I missed him saying something recently, Bama has been the solid leader for a month or so now (check back to the last couple pages).

also crystal balls mean very little. we have zero CBs for cowart and only 20% for Ivey

Many of those predictions are old. Its not like all these people making the picks are updating them daily as new developments take place.

The thing to look at with the Crystal Ball feature is the trend of the MOST RECENT picks, NOT the overall percentages. The most recent picks will give you a more clear picture on what the current standing is, which is all that matters.

We already have a great O-Line class. Ivey would be icing on the cake and a big candle also. If we don't get Ivey CVO would be nice but is not a make or break get. That is not cutting down CVO it is because of the people we already have in this class who say they will sign with us. I think even if he wants to sign with us it might depend on how many D players we can get to say they are coming as while I believe we want CVO I think if we can do a bang up job this weekend (that is a big IF) we might not have room enough for him.

This is not based on insider information it is personal opinion only and you can take it and a couple of bucks to McDonald's and get a cup of coffee with my opinion. :Sing:

while I believe we want CVO I think if we can do a bang up job this weekend (that is a big IF) we might not have room enough for him.

We want one more true elite tackle in this class. The guys we have committed, save for Sharp, are all interior linemen. And Sharp is a project.

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn may be the team to beat for Chidi now that 4* OT Isiah Prince just committed to bammer.

Well that would be cool

Wonder if Ivey is trending down now or would we take both. I guess I know the Internet board answer would be "you always make room this type of talent"

Yep, with Westry's decommitment we're back at 8 slots left so if he and Ivey both want to come I'm thinking the first guys with slots would be:

Ivey

CVO

Cowart

CeCe

Holland

And then 2 DBs and a WR would bring us to 8 (with guys like Beckner being a wildcard for one of those last 3 if he wanted to jump on board).

Archived