Should Auburn leave SEC West?

Johndunc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know people talk about it, that it make us look silly, or bad, or something along that lines. But lets be real, 99.9% of people respected Texas aTm for saying you know what, screw Texas. Hell I'm a Texas fan and I respect the hell out of aTm for doing it.

The rivalry has gotten bad for the state in my honest opinion. You should never fear losing a sporting even because you will have to put up with constant harassment from someone. There really is too much hatred and animosity involving this game. It's ridiculous. I even told the Alabama athletic department that with their whole Dixieland Delight crap. The universities of this state have a obligation to do what is in the best interest of the people of the state of Alabama. Campuses have been vandalized, people attacked, and killed cause of this stupid football game.

Truthfully that was one of the nice things about Chicago and where I lived. Ton of Michigan, Northwestern, Iowa, and Notre Dame alumni. Lol, they actually felt bad for us having to deal with Alabama, not the on the field stuff, but the off the field BS. Alabama and it's fanbase are a embarrassment to this state in other states. Was actually quite a few Vandy grads also, and I worked out with a guy that was David Langers roommate also haha. We would stare at Jenny McCarthy's parts together (even though she wore a black wig, and signed in under a different name).

I agree that it would be us separating from Alabama for our benefit. Course as Cool pointed out, the conference, the networks, and all that jazz would probably never let us break free of them.

This post mirrors my feelings on the rivalry as well. Its nice to have a biggest rival and all, but there's no reason to have all this violence over football, leave that on the field.

It is not quite the same thing with A&M and their deal with Texas. First off Texas biggest rival is Oklahoma. Second the deal with setting up the longhorn network pissed them off. The SEC expansion came at the right time for them to make that move.

By Auburn moving to the east recruiting might pickup as more quality blue chippers are needed to play Alabama a full 60 minutes. Be mindful of the possibility of the SEC playing an additional conference game. Playoff standards will demand more conference games, higher quality non-conference teams, and conference playoffs.

By Auburn moving to the east recruiting might pickup as more quality blue chippers are needed to play Alabama a full 60 minutes. Be mindful of the possibility of the SEC playing an additional conference game. Playoff standards will demand more conference games, higher quality non-conference teams, and conference playoffs.

More blue chip members on defense*

Archived