Reasonable expectations for a Guschamp led team

Dual-Threat Rigby

The SEC west could be very different next year with coaching changes possible, Freeze, Mullen and Miles have been mentioned for various head coaching jobs and even Bielema has been mentioned for the Nebraska job. I will withhold a prediction until the spring game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus had the #1 offense in the country TWO years in a row @ TULSA......We will be fine on offense, have no doubt....

Gus had the #1 offense in the country TWO years in a row @ TULSA......We will be fine on offense, have no doubt....

What he said

Somebody brought up depth and that's a key factor imo. We've got a lot of talent everyone knows that, but it's gonna be tough to roll like we want (the reload every year year scenario) until we can fully integrate the high talent level across the board. Look at how losing one OL this year (Kozan) has impacted the offense and that's just one example.

Greg Robinson was a much bigger loss than Kozan

Ha, that's why I said it was just one example. :)

Not trying to be negative but we lost a lot of guys this year. I'm thinking it could take another year or so to build the depth we need to be there again but that the potential is certainly there once the depth is achieved.

We lose mainly secondary and D-line. Our two main linebackers will still be here and a lot of guys on D-line that were significant this year are back such as Adams and Lambert. Wright, Owens, and Blackson gone, but those three seemed not to have as big of an impact this year. Get the boys coached up, get a secondary with a pulse and have Coach Boom on the sidelines and you're looking at a formidable defense

Biggest questions for next years team

1. Who stays and who goes pro?

2. Who steps up on the interior d-line?

If Duke comes back offense will be lethal. If Muschamp can get the defense playing well....I see the team being definitely playoff worthy.

A&M and LSU should be tough road games. Arkansas could be tricky as well

Am I the only one who thinks Sean White may have a shot to start next year?????

Yes. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Pretty sure he had some high praise coming out of spring practice this year and I remember him in the UA game. I think he looks better than JJ but I also think we promised the world to JJ and it might be a mess if he doesn't start

No.

Best option out of the offseason will start.

I'm actually in Vegas this week and was hoping some news would break and I could get someone to take my bet for an AU championship in 2015.

No luck on either count.

Anyone know how I might go about placing that bet?

The one sports betting place I visited said they couldn't do 2015 bets until after the season. ?

How does Sean White look better than Jeremy?? Where is this proof??

Sean would have to be the second coming of Dan Marino to be better than Jeremy

Just an opinion. Where is your proof....."Sean would have to be the second coming of Dan Marino to be better than Jeremy" I haven't seen that level of play from JJ even though he does seem really good.

How does Sean White look better than Jeremy?? Where is this proof??

Sean would have to be the second coming of Dan Marino to be better than Jeremy

Just an opinion. Where is your proof....."Sean would have to be the second coming of Dan Marino to be better than Jeremy" I haven't seen that level of play from JJ even though he does seem really good.

JJ starts one game this year and AU's only one half. He is 12-16 for 243 and two tds. I'd say his future is bright. JMO

He'll have a shot if JJ's arm suddenly falls off.

I'd rather go with a junior with some playing experience (and he looks like he could be a monster in the passing game) over a RS-Freshman.

We will have the same situation as this year. A great starter and a great backup. there is no reason to beleive that the O won't be really good next year. The D should be better with a better skeme and Lawson back, along with a few others. several of the schools that are good this year are losing a lot of starters. Miss. St. will be the biggest loser. Ua is losing a lot as well. Unlike this year where you looked at the schedule and thought we could run the table or lose 3 or 4 games we will more than likely be favored in every game next year. We may drop one since the West is still brutal but I fully expect to make the playoff.

I don't expect Auburn to ever lose a game again.

I don't expect Auburn to ever score less than 40 again.

I don't expect Auburn to ever give up more than 10 again.

:Sing:

I think that a reasonable expectation of the Auburn fan, whether the coaches are Vince Lombardi & George Halas or Bart Simpson & Bozo the Clown, is to lose no more than 3 games every year and at least one of the victories be over thUGA or uat. Take that with the opportunity to play for a natty every few years and I can see a dynasty. Nobody's undefeated (or even 1 loss) every year but a team with AU's pedigree shouldn't be SO high & low all the time. The inconsistency is bizarre frankly. National Title Contender...suck....National Title Contender...suck...

Give me SEC Title Contender (almost) EVERY year with a Natty opportunity here and there and perhaps a "down year" of 3 losses fairly rarely and I'm happy...... That's my expectation anyway. I don't think that with AU's history, available assets and fertile recruiting ground, there's any reason why we should expect less.

8-4 again give it a year. We lose 4 DTs maybe 5 with Nero. Holsey and Ford arent true safties. Very young corners Linebacker not expierenced after Frost,McKinzy,Swain. Garrett will have to relearn linebacker. Defensive ends very young as well Williams,Kennion,Thorton.

Alabama,LSU, Arkansas,Georgia likely beat us next year. 2016,the dynasty starts.

I think a lot hinges on the O-Line. It's going to likely be an overhaul. I'll be shocked if Braden Smith and Austin Golston aren't starting somewhere. Assuming neither of them are at center, 3 of our 5 OL will be brand new.

But, the answer for the long term is I expect, if we land Muschamp and keep Gus, to win at least 9 games year in and year out. Probably even in that range next year considering we have a good home schedule.

Archived