Reasonable expectations for a Guschamp led team

Dual-Threat Rigby

Look for Muschamp D to have conditioning problems. They play at a high level but are a ball control team (at Florida) he doesn't rotate guys. So with our O his D will struggle late with a lack of quality depth.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look for Muschamp D to have conditioning problems. They play at a high level but are a ball control team (at Florida) he doesn't rotate guys. So with our O his D will struggle late with a lack of quality depth.

Is it the DC's call to substitute players or are the position coaches rotating them in and out?

Is it the DC's call to substitute players or are the position coaches rotating them in and out?

I would say it was Rodney Garner: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/08/auburns_rodney_garner_teaches.html

I would say it was Rodney Garner: http://www.al.com/au...er_teaches.html

I thought it was more along these lines as well. I would think the DC has enough on his plate with his position coach duties in addition to calling the D and all that comes with that. Seems the position coaches are the ones deciding who is going to be out there for each particular series.

How does Sean White look better than Jeremy?? Where is this proof??

Sean would have to be the second coming of Dan Marino to be better than Jeremy

Just an opinion. Where is your proof....."Sean would have to be the second coming of Dan Marino to be better than Jeremy" I haven't seen that level of play from JJ even though he does seem really good.

Because Jeremy (without ANY running game) completely destroyed an Arkansas defense that hasn't been ripped like that once since then and already proved his accuracy and ability several times.

I see a more dynamic offense with JJ under center and the addition of Kolzan and Coleman having a year of competitive football under his belt, plus the talent waiting to get a chance along the o-line. RB play is gonna be dynamic, too much talent. defensively we have the talent to transition just fine into a Muschamp d, and I would say it is actually a better fit for the players.

I think if Duke and/or Sammie come back, you've got to expect this offense to be explosive and hard to stop. Even without them it will be pretty potent.

If Muschamp can just get the defense up to a middle of the pack type defense in year one, you've got to think we're a playoff caliber team. Plus most of our hardest games are all at home: Ole Miss, Miss St, Georgia and Alabama.

I think if Duke and/or Sammie come back, you've got to expect this offense to be explosive and hard to stop. Even without them it will be pretty potent.

If Muschamp can just get the defense up to a middle of the pack type defense in year one, you've got to think we're a playoff caliber team. Plus most of our hardest games are all at home: Ole Miss, Miss St, Georgia and Alabama.

Please move to joke thread as an administrator.

Just an opinion. Where is your proof....."Sean would have to be the second coming of Dan Marino to be better than Jeremy" I haven't seen that level of play from JJ even though he does seem really good.

Because Jeremy (without ANY running game) completely destroyed an Arkansas defense that hasn't been ripped like that once since then and already proved his accuracy and ability several times.

JJ has impressed too much to not be the man. As the old adage goes "Sean is one play away". He beat out Jwall very early in fall camp, so SW is legit. I just suggest patience.

JJ has impressed too much to not be the man. As the old adage goes "Sean is one play away". He beat out Jwall very early in fall camp, so SW is legit. I just suggest patience.

Well JW got beat out by Clint Moseley, so how much does that matter? Sean might be a future GOAT for all I know, its just that beating out JW isnt anything special

8-4 again give it a year. We lose 4 DTs maybe 5 with Nero. Holsey and Ford arent true safties. Very young corners Linebacker not expierenced after Frost,McKinzy,Swain. Garrett will have to relearn linebacker. Defensive ends very young as well Williams,Kennion,Thorton.

Alabama,LSU, Arkansas,Georgia likely beat us next year. 2016,the dynasty starts.

Everybody has their opinions but this would be a nightmare.

8-4 again give it a year. We lose 4 DTs maybe 5 with Nero. Holsey and Ford arent true safties. Very young corners Linebacker not expierenced after Frost,McKinzy,Swain. Garrett will have to relearn linebacker. Defensive ends very young as well Williams,Kennion,Thorton.

Alabama,LSU, Arkansas,Georgia likely beat us next year. 2016,the dynasty starts.

Yes they do, but that one was dead wrong. We have talent, we just need leadership. We have more talent on the way. I will bet lutzintheredzone $100 on better than 8-4 next year. You ready to put $ where your opinion is?

8-4 is possibly realistic. We do lose a lot on the O line, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Blocking this year was sporadic. It will really depend on how quickly the replacements catch on (doesn't it always?).

QB is of concern to me simply because JJ is not as mobile as Nick and the Duke/Sammie combo likely won't be here. It may not matter though. The true impact won't be felt until a few weeks into next year and as good as our current O is, the next version could be better.

8-4 is possibly realistic. We do lose a lot on the O line, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Blocking this year was sporadic. It will really depend on how quickly the replacements catch on (doesn't it always?).

QB is of concern to me simply because JJ is not as mobile as Nick and the Duke/Sammie combo likely won't be here. It may not matter though. The true impact won't be felt until a few weeks into next year and as good as our current O is, the next version could be better.

We're only losing Reese and Chad...

I honestly don't think so.... I believe our year is next year if we want to compete for a title... 2016's schedule is outrageous like this past year. We get Mississippi schools at home, plus UGA and Bama next season. JJ will be fine at QB, not much drop off there. The offense will look much like it did in the IB though.. more balanced, less read options. JJ is athletic though and can run. Jovon and Roc are the real deal. Reese is our biggest loss overall. But our OL should be fine. If Duke and/or Sammie stay, it's the best offense in the nation, not to mention, Melvin Ray, Marcus Davis, and Ricardo should make huge strides next year. Defense is a little scary. But if Boom can come in, he can bring some big time recruits in like 5* DE Byron Cowart would be likely (already set an OV at AU - Jan 18 I believe). We have some big time JUCO DL's looking hard at AU too. Landing Muschamp is all it takes for some of these guys. Linebackers are about as good as it gets for us in Nova and Frost. Secondary scares me a bit, but J Jones made huge strides this year down the stretch. AND don't forget that Tray Matthews is able to play and I can almost guarantee he will start. Carl Lawson back is probably the biggest asset to the defense. M. Adams will have a beast year this next year.

Reese is a lot.

Am I the only one who thinks Sean White may have a shot to start next year?????

uh, yes...

Am I the only one who thinks Sean White may have a shot to start next year?????

uh, yes...

I think Gus is going to play the best he's got. So, he'll give SW a chance but it's JJ's to lose.

Reese is a lot.

"Yeah, but.."

Too soon?

We have depht just young,but highly rated. If they can turn it on from coming off redshirts and the jucos make a big leap in year two, prob will be a good season. If not repeat of this year. Williams,Thorton,Kennion all pass rushers,dont think the first two should of been redshirted with Lawson and Harrell out. Kennion played on 3rd downs. Only plus thin at depht DT but Lambert and Lawerence will move their.

But you haven't seen White at all.....

But you haven't seen White at all.....

I hope you're referring to the other guy and not me.

Archived