Interesting story on AL.com

AUDub

I think this is amazing journalism. A very worthwhile read.

Traffic stop and unsolved murder draw FBI to Madison County (Part 1)

Four days after violent traffic stop, Madison County deputies begin to investigate their own (Part 2)

'Not truthful' testimony by Madison County deputy leads to more questions (Part 3)

As suspicions grow, Madison County investigators piece together tales of a drunken melee (Part 4)

The other deputy and 23 minutes of missing data (Part 5)

Deputy Watson: 'I guess I didn't know how to answer that question without making myself look guilty.' (Part 6)

Cover up, then one year later, a secret review board and censure (Part 7)

Man that is quite a story to put it mildly. Good work by the writer. Wish we had more actual journalists today. Now I'm hooked and waiting for the rest of this.

It's riveting, isn't it?

Good read Ben. Thanks for posting. I don't do AL.com often, so please post the remainder if possible.

Good read Ben. Thanks for posting. I don't do AL.com often, so please post the remainder if possible.

I'll be sure to update the OP as the story is released.

I'll be sure to update the OP as the story is released.

Much appreciated.

Added part five to the OP.

I'd liked to have seen it posted a little earlier than 8:16. I don't like waiting.

:hail: I'll do better tomorrow! I promise! Please don't hit me anymore! :hail:

:tease:

Added part five to the OP.

I'd liked to have seen it posted a little earlier than 8:16. I don't like waiting.

:hail: I'll do better tomorrow! I promise! Please don't hit me anymore! :hail:

:tease:

Unacceptable. Hit him some more.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. It smacks of the good ol boy days that used to be the norm in law enforcement. I doubt we'll even know the full truth of the matter concerning Klnowski and his death. The sheriffs office screwed this thing up from the beginning.

After reading all 7 parts, what are your thoughts on it Bigbens?

Nothing in the report shocks me at all. Idiot cop gets into a bar fight, uses his position (and help from a few co-workers) to exact his revenge and his job protects his malfeasance. Challen Stephens is to be commended for his excellent reporting on the matter.

There are some very serious issues in the Madison county sheriff's office and I am very curious about the hit on Klonowski.

Nothing in the report shocks me at all. Idiot cop gets into a bar fight, uses his position (and help from a few co-workers) to exact his revenge and his job protects his malfeasance. Challen Stephens is to be commended for his excellent reporting on the matter.

There are some very serious issues in the Madison county sheriff's office and I am very curious about the hit on Klonowski.

Aye, I suspected that your thoughts and conclusion mirrored my own. This was one of the more disturbing reports of police abuse, because it illustrated the abuse on the ground (during the arrest/beating) and it illustrated the abuse at the command level in burying the investigation.

Aye, I suspected that your thoughts and conclusion mirrored my own. This was one of the more disturbing reports of police abuse, because it illustrated the abuse on the ground (during the arrest/beating) and it illustrated the abuse at the command level in burying the investigation.

the most disturbing aspect.

Easter Bunny. Never been a "good article" associated with al(bama).com.......

Easter Bunny. Never been a "good article" associated with al(bama).com.......

Didn't even bother to read it, huh?

Archived