A Young Man Likely Headed to Auburn, Killed By Police

icanthearyou

Let me guess....Racist Cops? :dunno:

I don't think you could rule out the possibility.

In this case it is possible. The facts don't make a lot of sense. A talented young man who seemed to be a very good kid of character gets pulled over for a traffic violation after leaving a girl friends house. He acts as any citizen should, hands over his license to the officer....then goes back to his truck and blows his own brains out??????!!!!!!!???????

Sorry...this one smells, but without evidence it is another closed case.

Full disclosure....I worked with EPD back in my home state for 2.5 years. 95% of officers I worked with were good men and women who did their best to serve and protect.

But the 5% (both races) always made it difficult for the rest of us.

In this case it is possible. The facts don't make a lot of sense. A talented young man who seemed to be a very good kid of character gets pulled over for a traffic violation after leaving a girl friends house. He acts as any citizen should, hands over his license to the officer....then goes back to his truck and blows his own brains out??????!!!!!!!???????

Sorry...this one smells, but without evidence it is another closed case.

Full disclosure....I worked with EPD back in my home state for 2.5 years. 95% of officers I worked with were good men and women who did their best to serve and protect.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Of the officers I have know, most are extremely good human beings. The two who weren't though, were among the worst people I have ever met. Both were very dangerous people.

You know that story is from 2009 right?

Yes.

Wow. Maybe we can cover what really happened in Dallas on the grassy.....oh, nevermind.

Wow. Maybe we can cover what really happened in Dallas on the grassy.....oh, nevermind.

+1

In my opinion, the biggest problem with that 5% is that enough of the other 95% very rarely go out of their way to do anything about that 5% (or look the other way), and therefore nothing gets done.

Why does that matter? If you haven't noticed, itchy's recent mission is to whine about police brutality. Im just shocked he hasn't resurrected articles about Bull Conner yet.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with that 5% is that enough of the other 95% very rarely go out of their way to do anything about that 5% (or look the other way), and therefore nothing gets done.

Some of that involves the unions. In places where there are no unions it falls into good ole boy practices from entrenched leadership. Been there done that.

Same problem with bad teachers. They are well protected by unions and or tenure.

You do hear about teachers and police getting fired when the get caught breaking the law, but just bad performance usually wont get them fired.

Why does that matter? If you haven't noticed, itchy's recent mission is to whine about police brutality. Im just shocked he hasn't resurrected articles about Bull Conner yet.

Are you in favor of police brutality, or do you just not see it as much of an issue?

Are you in favor of police brutality, or do you just not see it as much of an issue?

Am I in favor police brutality? Is this a serious question? I'll let you think about that for a minute. I don't think it is the issue its being made out to be. Its a tragic consequence and terribly unfortunate but it wont ever be fixed until the underlying cause is addressed. I also believe that 99% of police confrontations with black people end without incident. There are bad apples in every profession and I do not believe this is a problem that stems from "centuries of racism" as has been stated by Obama and Holder. That being said, what do you do about it other than address each case on a case by case basis? Sensationalizing it as a symptom of institutionalized racism wont fix it; I guarantee you that.

Bingo-bongo-bungo.

Archived