Welcome to our new Tigers

DThriftWarEagle

http://www.auburntig.../120414aaa.html

Actual article is helpful...

Auburn, Ala. - Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn announced today that four future Tigers have completed their enrollment paperwork and will be on campus for January classes. Offensive line prospects Tyler Carr and Bailey Sharp, quarterback Tyler Queen, and H-back candidate Chandler Cox will begin classes at Auburn January 14.

Tyler Carr

OL, 6-5, 310

Southside HS; Southside, Ala.

Outstanding offensive lineman for Coach Ron Daugherty at Southside High ... helped the Panthers advance to the second round of the Class 6A playoffs his senior season ... Rivals has him in the top 65 nationally and the No. 4 in-state player ... 247 Sports ranks him as a top 25 offensive guard and top 16 player in Alabama ... ESPN ranks him No. 11 in Alabama and among the top 30 offensive linemen ... Scout lists him as the No. 2 line prospect in Alabama and a top 25 lineman ... AL.com A-List No. 5 ... Rivals 250 Underclassman Challenge ... also played basketball ... son of Rhonda and Dr. Phillip Carr ... father is an Auburn graduate ... has a brother, Taylor

Chandler Cox

HB, 6-2, 225

Apopka HS; Apopka, Fla.

Versatile offensive weapon for Coach Rick Darlington at Apopka High ... nearly 3,000 total offense yards during his career, with 21 rushing and 15 passing touchdowns the past two seasons ... U.S. Army All-American Bowl invitee ... helped the Blue Darters to the Florida Class 8A state championship as a sophomore and state runner-up spot as a junior ... Apopka is in the state semifinals this year and will face Manatee December 5 ... Orlando Sentinel Central Florida Super 60 ... 247 Sports No. 2 fullback and Florida top 55 players ... Scout top-ranked fullback prospect ... ESPN No. 10 TE/H-back ... Rivals top 50 Florida players ... son of Sherri and Darin Anderson and Tom Cox, who played football at Southern California ... brother Dakota plays football at New Mexico and brother Jordan played baseball at Cal Lutheran

Tyler Queen

QB, 6-2, 230

North Cobb HS; Kennesaw, Ga.

Talented dual-threat signalcaller from Georgia's North Cobb High ... 2,342 passing yards, 27 TD as a senior ... also rushed for 10 TD as North Cobb advanced to first round of Class 6A playoffs ... threw for a Cobb County-record 89 TD and more than 8,500 yards in high school career, both marks in the Georgia state top 10, and rushed for 43 career TD ... coached by his father Shane Queen ... Marietta Daily Journal Dynamite Dozen ... AJC Super 75 ... Macon Telegraph Top 50 ... also played baseball at North Cobb ... 247 Sports top 12 QB and Georgia top 45 player ... Scout top-ranked Georgia QB ... top 40 in Georgia and top 20 quarterback by ESPN ... Rivals ranks him among the top 65 players in Georgia ... committed to Auburn in July, 2013 ... son of Shane and Alisha Queen and mother Tracy Queen

Bailey Sharp

OL, 6-5, 285

Sprayberry HS; Marietta, Ga.

Offensive tackle who played for Coach Billy Shackelford at Sprayberry High ... Under Armour All-America Game invitee ... Marietta Daily Journal Dynamite Dozen ... Atlanta Journal-Constitution Super 75 ... Macon Telegraph Top 50 ... also a varsity wrestler for the Yellowjackets ... 247 Sports top 45 players in Georgia and top 45 offensive tackle prospects ... Scout lists him as a top 45 line prospect ... Rivals top 65 players in Georgia ... ESPN top 25 Georgia players and No. 16 line prospect ... son of Joe and Stacey Sharp ... dad played football at Southern Miss ... has a brother, Logan

I had no idea Chandler Cox had that much offensive production. I thought he was primarily a blocking back--nice to see. WDE

I had no idea Chandler Cox had that much offensive production. I thought he was primarily a blocking back--nice to see. WDE

Cox may end up being the jewel of this class. I think he is a very smart player who knows the game of football. He will know blocking assignments and appears to be a pretty thick kid. My guess is he contributes quite a bit next season.

Cox may end up being the jewel of this class. I think he is a very smart player who knows the game of football. He will know blocking assignments and appears to be a pretty thick kid. My guess is he contributes quite a bit next season.

It will be nice seeing him blocking. #35?

Glad to have these guys locked down...but sure wish those big linemen were DLs.

These guys are just the HS EE's. The JUCO guys have another week or so left from my understanding

I say again, we keep loading up on offensive guys....where are the defensive players we need?

These guys are just the HS EE's. The JUCO guys have another week or so left from my understanding

I say again, we keep loading up on offensive guys....where are the defensive players we need?

They are mostly looking at schools that play good defense. The four offensive guys in this article aren't coming to AU because our offense sucks, are they? We have a few good defensive players committed but the numbers aren't there yet. Hopefully, with the hiring of a new DC we'll get longer looks from more of the top defensive prospects.

Agreed...but we are on our 3rd defensive staff in less than 6 years with well known DCs...and there is no indication thus far that we are changing our trajectory. I don't recall that WM had a reputation as a stellar recruiter and Garner has brought minimum results and our DBs ? where are they.

So again...how do we change the outcome...isn't this Gus's job? He's the HC, not just the OC+

This was an important year to show we can have a good defense. Whenever we show we are capable I think that'swhen you see a big jump with recruits. And I'm not even talking shut down defense, just cross that line where it doesn't look like you have a clue and over to the they'd be good if they had more talent

If a full back is the gem of the recruiting class that would be pretty bad

I agree but it could turn out to be a big key to our running game. If we had a great/very good FB we would have won three more games this year game. It really cost us in the Miss. St., TA&M and UA games.

I know it is very important but I don't think it's THAT important. Like I don't think we win 3 more games if prosch was here. I don't think he was more important that Robinson and I don't think we win 3 more games if Robinson was here

Gage Batten was suppose to be the starting H-Back this year, but was injured in August. Chances are he will be the starter next year over the freshman. Am I wrong?

I was thinking Mitchell myself but who knows? I didn't know he was coming early like this until I read his thread in the recruiting section. Coming in early like this sure makes it possible

Archived