Men vs. Coastal Carolina - Post-game thread

InfernoOrangeSS

A profanity laced tirade directed primarily at football players that are questioning his manhood ... He ends it with a self reference to being a gang banger.

IMO ... Not pretty.

Thank you! When a school has to scrape around at the last minute looking for whatever talent they can find the resulting catch can be ugly. I hope this gets cleared up.

Can someone summon up enough courage to give a brief synopses of what's there? I see no benefit to all the hush-hush stuff. If it's public info, please make it public.

I figure folks could check the site....I'm usually skeptical about much of the give and take on the AUC site but there seemed to be enough to support the concerns about Bower and how he is "fitting in" at Auburn. People hack twitter sites but nobody seems to be claiming that as far as I have seen.

I don't think these college kids are losing their legs 3 weeks into the season. Unless they came in completely out of shape. We just don't have an inside game at all when Bowers doesn't have a mismatch and trying to make a living from the perimeter is tough when you only have one real scorer from out there. If Mason is not hurt we win the last two games. Getting him back 100% is the only goal right now. We just don't have consistent scoring without him and the offense looks completely out of control. He is our best one on one shot creator. We should have won that game at home last night regardless but it didn't go that way. It's going to be a long season.

2 games in 48 hours and a lack of depth. Being there it looked like they ran out of juice. My .02

I don't think these college kids are losing their legs 3 weeks into the season. Unless they came in completely out of shape. We just don't have an inside game at all when Bowers doesn't have a mismatch and trying to make a living from the perimeter is tough when you only have one real scorer from out there. If Mason is not hurt we win the last two games. Getting him back 100% is the only goal right now. We just don't have consistent scoring without him and the offense looks completely out of control. He is our best one on one shot creator. We should have won that game at home last night regardless but it didn't go that way. It's going to be a long season.

2 games in 48 hours and a lack of depth. Being there it looked like they ran out of juice. My .02

Running out of gas....hard to believe of a bunch of 20 year olds but I guess it can happen. Just looked to me that they never had an offensive scheme though Bower did seem to lack energy. Not everyone can carry that weight I guess.

BUT...some of the depth issues will be dealt with in the next few weeks with some incoming players and Mason back able to play. Hoping for a better showing when BP has a full team.

I'm curious to what you guys expectations is this year? Or how talented do you think this year's team is

im already very happy with this team. They show fight, spirit and are playing some ball. The d is solid. Rebounding hard, but without height it will be tough.

We have been getting pretty good shots for the most part but aren't hitting them lately. Same with recent FT shooting. Is it fatigue with reduced bodies/schedule, talent on the floor ... I definitely don't know.

Overall I'm pleased so far and am hoping for a .500 season on the road and maybe .750 at home in conference play once we get mason back and the new center. It was crap luck with Atewe but the team has to deal.

An nit bid, decent run in sec tourny, win some games we shouldn't and maybe if the stars align we squeak into ncaa.

Mainly I want a team that buys into their coach and fights for a win every time they play.

I had hoped for a .500 record but anything close to that would be a big step forward. We've got to give Pearl two to three full recruiting classes before the bitching starts in earnest.

I had hoped for a .500 record but anything close to that would be a big step forward. We've got to give Pearl two to three full recruiting classes before the bitching starts in earnest.

Agreed, we don't have a big man outside of Bowers (6'7), that kills us. But it is pretty obvious that there is already improvement on the court from ANY Barbee product.

I agree, the play on the court has been overall better but the fact that our best big man is the ideal height of a SF is what is killing us. Bowers is basically a midget Zach Randolph and that is just asking for trouble in regards to the inside game, especially on D.

^^^This!!

Archived