Horned Frogs...

HarpyTrain

..... have looked really good as the season has closed. Gotta give them credit - Patterson has always gotten the most out of his resources. I think of any playoff team, the frogs would match up best against 'Bama. The ducks look good too but I just am not so sure they have a defense that would stop 'Bama. Patterson is a defensive mastermind and his program has always fielded quality, discipined defenses. I think of all the potential playoff teams I just think Patterson can field a defense against the 'turds that could keep them in the game.

Roll toads!

the Big 12 is arguably the second best conference. TCU pretty much toyed with the same K-state team we tussled with for 4 quarters and that gave Baylor fits. As far as conferences go; the B1G is crap this year. Just look at their OOC record. Can't control how you get scheduled so that's a dumb statement.

... will probably be on the outside looking in. I expect OSU to be in the final four for the playoffs.

And that's really sad, because tcu would spank osu then turn around and run bama silly

Agree, I think TCU would give many teams fits, but the lack of a true Big12 Champ via a conference championship game will, mosy likely, kill their dreams.

And that's really sad, because tcu would spank osu then turn around and run bama silly

Agree, I think TCU would give many teams fits, but the lack of a true Big12 Champ via a conference championship game will, mosy likely, kill their dreams.

Cant say I disagree with ya. The sadder thing is, this whole playoff thing just took the BCS issue up a notch. Its still a popularity contest when it should be about your results on the field. They need to expand the playoff to at least 10 teams - really just take all the conference champs and an at large or two. That would shut everyone up and the only posturing would be for a few 2 loss teams here or there. But either way, just look at how TCU plays - that is a sick defense; one that held Minnesota scoreless until halfway into the 4th quarter really - they just obliterated them and the TD minnesota got was really a garbage time TD. Wisconsin AND Ohio State both struggled with the gophers. In reality, the B1G just isnt that good this year. Aside from Indiana's fluky win against Mizzou, none of their big teams won any OOC games against quality competition. Wisconsin is also a team that consistently loses to Ohio State - I cant even remember the last time they beat them. The badgers are literally one of those B1G teams that pound teams they are supposed to beat but never win big games. OSU getting in is a joke and if they do over either Texas team I hope the whole state of Texas shuts off the playoffs in protest! (yeah I know that won't happen :Sing: )

8 teams will be plenty for a playoff. 6 might be a workable number. Don't need more than 8 though. You're going to have arguing over who gets in regardless but 8 will really work a lot better and it will allow for a good 2 loss team from a strong conference to get in.

Tcu got screwed!! And bama and herbstreit got who they wanted in the fourth position. They will beat osu like they stole something

So why does Herbstreit live in Nashville?

Did you watch any of that game last night? I don't think bammer will score 55 on the Buckeyes. ;)

http://thebiglead.co...hio-state-fans/

Tcu got screwed!! And bama and herbstreit got who they wanted in the fourth position. They will beat osu like they stole something

Nah...when they gave up 58 to Baylor and barely beat a couple other mediocre teams, they were a suspect team ...and the Big 12 better figure out a championship plan for the future.

Nah...when they gave up 58 to Baylor and barely beat a couple other mediocre teams, they were a suspect team ...and the Big 12 better figure out a championship plan for the future.

So you're buying the committee's talking points? TCU could have beat Kansas the same way they beat Iowa State. It wouldn't have mattered. If you seriously think that then why was TCU put at #3 to begin with?

Seriously think TCU was jobbed hardcore. Sad to me that an OSU team that lost to Virginia Tech and went to OT against a 6-6 Penn State team, to say nothing of the fact that they're starting a 3rd string QB and hail from the miserable Big10, are being served up as fodder against the roll tards. Not at all what I would consider one of the 4 best teams in the nation.

As always, it's about a marquee name, money, Urban vs. Saban, tickets, money, money, and of course, money that set the tone for Alabama to waltz into the championship. It seriously couldn't have worked out better for them. Makes me sick. I'll be pulling for the Buckeyes, but really, Oregon is our only chance to not hear a new level of arrogance puking forth from the neck nation.

I really think TCU would have beaten Alabama with a running QB who's accurate. But Alabama/OSU vs. Oregon/FSU for the championship is much more attractive than TCU vs Oregon/FSU. That's a fact.

Tcu opponents were better than va tech, whom just happen to beat osu

So why does Herbstreit live in Nashville?

Did you watch any of that game last night? I don't think bammer will score 55 on the Buckeyes. ;)/>

http://thebiglead.co...hio-state-fans/

He's still an osu homer. And I really doubt osu score more than20pts against bama with a 3rd string qb. Tcu would have beaten both osu and bama

I hope we see the Big12 run out and grab a couple more teams so they can have a real conference with a championship game. Although TCU did get hosed this year, hopefully this will be what forces them to change their scheduling format. For years now they've had an easier road to the national championship game than anyone else. At this point, I think the Big12 would even take a couple of teams from the Rice, Houston, SMU level just to get to 12.

I hope we see the Big12 run out and grab a couple more teams so they can have a real conference with a championship game. Although TCU did get hosed this year, hopefully this will be what forces them to change their scheduling format. For years now they've had an easier road to the national championship game than anyone else. At this point, I think the Big12 would even take a couple of teams from the Rice, Houston, SMU level just to get to 12.

Really you think TCU's road was easier than FSU's? This whole playoff thing and TCU getting screwed makes me laugh

Really you think TCU's road was easier than FSU's? This whole playoff thing and TCU getting screwed makes me laugh

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

TCU strength of schedule > FSU strength of schedule

Always good to take that extra minute to check your facts before making erroneous statements online.

Oh, nope--I should have worded that differently. I meant the Big 12 has had to play one less game than any other conference since they don't have a conference title game.

Top 4 should have been bama, oregon, tcu and osu. But there were not going to leave out an undefeated team, even if they had the easier schedule.

Archived