It is so easy to hate Bama

Johndunc

Steve Shaw will make Damn sure Alabama gets the calls. Somebody needs to investigate him for game fixing. No graduate of any university in the SEC should be a game official. Willing to bet he is in the replay booth and choose not to review Bama's fumble.

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion here, but the call was not incorrect.

Steve Shaw will make Damn sure Alabama gets the calls. Somebody needs to investigate him for game fixing. No graduate of any university in the SEC should be a game official. Willing to bet he is in the replay booth and choose not to review Bama's fumble.

Saw that, and turned off my tv

After watching the replay, the call was incorrect; the whistles were CLEARLY blown AFTER the ball was fumbled. That play should have been reviewed. Steve Shaw needs to go. Period. End of story. And yeah, NO head of officiating should be from any school in their conference. This is just crap.

even Vern and Gary knew it was a fumble and disagree with you. I agree 100% that no graduate from an SEC school should be the head of all officials OR even the head official during a game OR even an official in the game of your alma mater. Seems bama has a lock on it I would love to see a breakdown of all officials and thier alma maters.

Doesn't matter when the whistle blows if they rule forward progress. Forward progress is not reviewable.

even Vern and Gary knew it was a fumble and disagree with you. I agree 100% that no graduate from an SEC school should be the head of all officials OR even the head official during a game OR even an official in the game of your alma mater. Seems bama has a lock on it I would love to see a breakdown of all officials and thier alma maters.

Verne and Gary are not the officials. I don't care what they "know." They're wrong.

Verne and Gary are not the officials. I don't care what they "know." They're wrong.

If they are wrong and you know so much, you explain how the ball falling to the ground uncontrolled before the carrier was down is not a fumble. And if you use the excuse of whistle blown, then that is an inadvertent whistle and different rulings apply. Love to read your explanation.

Thus , Vern and Gary , by rule, must be 100% correct!!!

If they are wrong and you know so much, you explain how the ball falling to the ground uncontrolled before the carrier was down is not a fumble. And if you use the excuse of whistle blown, then that is an inadvertent whistle and different rulings apply. Love to read your explanation.

They ruled his forward progress was stopped. End of story. Doesn't matter if the runner is upright. Play is dead, whistle or not.

They ruled his forward progress was stopped. End of story. Doesn't matter if the runner is upright. Play is dead, whistle or not.

So when they decide that forward progress is stopped, they blow the whistle right? Or do they only decide after a fumble it was over a few seconds earlier? I am not a ref, but it seems to me that if you decide forward progress is stopped you should blow the whistle. Replay that Gary and Vern reviewed as the announcers (Einstein) clearly showed ball was out before the whistle. Now if was after the whistle you might be correct.

If thats the case the play in the GT/UGA game should've been overturned

So when they decide that forward progress is stopped, they blow the whistle right? Or do they only decide after a fumble it was over a few seconds earlier? I am not a ref, but it seems to me that if you decide forward progress is stopped you should blow the whistle. Replay that Gary and Vern reviewed as the announcers (Einstein) clearly showed ball was out before the whistle. Now if was after the whistle you might be correct.

The ruling and the blowing of the whistle do not always happen simultaneously, nor do they have to. Obviously, you are not an official. It's very bang bang down there.

Note that I said "ruled his forward progress was stopped."

I have no clue where they ruled that, anyone that has watched the replay, and I have seen several analysts say that it should of been Mizzou ball.

The ruling and the blowing of the whistle do not always happen simultaneously, nor do they have to. Obviously, you are not an official. It's very bang bang down there.

Didn't realize you are an official. So then my understanding of your interpretation is that when forward progress is stopped the officials can wait to blow the whistle. Seems kind of arbitrary when blowing a whistle in your mouth would be exact. If the runner had broken free and gained more yardage then I wonder what the call would have been. That's a terrible rule they need to fix!

I have no clue where they ruled that, anyone that has watched the replay, and I have seen several analysts say that it should of been Mizzou ball.

When the runner was stopped, obviously.

But evidently you're one of the only people that saw them rule forward progress as stopped. The rest of us did not

Didn't realize you are an official. So then my understanding of your interpretation is that when forward progress is stopped the officials can wait to blow the whistle. Seems kind of arbitrary when blowing a whistle in your mouth would be exact. If the runner had broken free and gained more yardage then I wonder what the call would have been. That's a terrible rule they need to fix!

They're not supposed to wait. You blow the whistle as quickly as possible. That's not always instant.

And I'm not a ref, but I have some friends that are with the AHSAA.

But evidently you're one of the only people that saw them rule forward progress as stopped. The rest of us did not

Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

Unless you can read thoughts the only thing we can do is take their word for it. Compare that to watching me decide what I'm going to have for dinner.

Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

Unless you can read thoughts the only thing we can do is take their word for it. Compare that to watching me decide what I'm going to have for dinner.

The way officials have been this year how can one be confident in "taking their word for it"?

The way officials have been this year how can one be confident in "taking their word for it"?

I don't always agree with them, but I don't see any sort of nefarious conspiracy. Especially not here on an understandable judgement call.

Archived