Roc Thomas in Bama Game

ballrun44

So after the fumbled lateral on the first play, I didn't see Roc Thomas in the game again. Is this true? I can understand being "disciplined" for the mistake and lack or field presence to recover the miscue, but don't you try to rebuild confidence in an integral part of the game scheme (assuming he wasn't going to be in for just the one play) and an integral part of your future offensive power?

Comments??

A) Somebody, either Thomas or Marshall, screwed up on that play because it should have been a forward pass. Due to Thomas not getting back in the game, it looks like it was Thomas.

B ) It was Grant's final Iron Bowl game and he left Tuskaloser and put a lot into Auburn. He deserved more snaps than normal.

C)Thomas will have plenty of time to regain confidence in bowl practice.

A) Somebody, either Thomas or Marshall, screwed up on that play because it should have been a forward pass. Due to Thomas not getting back in the game, it looks like it was Thomas.

B ) It was Grant's final Iron Bowl game and he left Tuskaloser and put a lot into Auburn. He deserved more snaps than normal.

C)Thomas will have plenty of time to regain confidence in bowl practice.

Sounds right...that play usually is a forward pass and looks like he did not run the route properly...but I expect the "penalty" was because he did not chase the ball down after he dropped it.

He will be fine and next year he should have the chance to be the #1 back though there will be plenty of competition. He seems to have a good future at AU.

Somebody once said it might have been a recruiting promise fulfilled (first touch in iron bowl), but when he screwed it up (not going for lose ball), he did not get any more touches and as stated earlier, finally time to use Corey more.

A good lesson for a young player...one of the best plays of the year IMO was Casanova going for the loose ball in the end zone to save the Ole Miss game for us.

Nobody knew whether it was a fumble or a TD but he never hesitated. That play should be a lesson for every player to never assume anything and don't stop until the whistle blows. I bet Roc will remember that lesson forever.

So after the fumbled lateral on the first play, I didn't see Roc Thomas in the game again. Is this true? I can understand being "disciplined" for the mistake and lack or field presence to recover the miscue, but don't you try to rebuild confidence in an integral part of the game scheme (assuming he wasn't going to be in for just the one play) and an integral part of your future offensive power?

Comments??

already discussed.

http://www.aufamily....ay-of-the-game/

Archived