CFP Selection Show

around4ever

This is interesting. I wonder how it would've shaken out had the Big12 recognized Baylor as the champion.

This is interesting. I wonder how it would've shaken out had the Big12 recognized Baylor as the champion.

I think if the Big 12 had something in place to actually have a single team as it's champion, one of the two would have gotten in. Got too cute and it backfired.

I suppose this does establish the relevant precedent to those that thought the SEC could have ended up with two teams. Two one loss Big 12 teams that didn't play a championship game got left out. The same would have been the case for a 1 loss SEC West runner up.

Tcu would have beaten bama rather easily. Sucks because osu poses no threat to bama with a third string qb

This exactly. Urban couldn't beat a quality Saban team with the "great" Tebow. The turds are going to roll the suckeyes. Just hope the ducks can win it all at this point

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised. The Big 12 minus 2 thought they could play each other and let the committee pick their best team.....was never going to work IMO.

The committee has proven their process is a joke. Multiple things changed last minute. They knew TCU was playing Iowa State before the game was even played. The schedules were in place. They knew it was a possibility that all three teams could win out. Why did Baylor's head-to-head not count until now? Baylor had the best win of the three teams. Kansas State was ranked 9th, Wisconsin was ranked 13th. Ohio State got in because they won a conference championship game. Strength of conference should trump conference championship games. If you play in a weak conference you shouldn't get rewarded for playing an extra game. It's still a weak conference.

Baylor could have beaten the Green Bay Packers and TCU could have beaten the New England Patriots this week and it wouldn't have mattered since they don't play in a conference championship game. The committee has proven they have no consistency with their process.

Good to know the SEC would get left out if they didn't have a conference championship game.

The Big 12 would have to take inferior programs to have a conference championship game. All that would do is water down the Big 12 by adding an SMU, Houston, Tulsa, etc....

Archived