Spurrier: No decisions on staff 'til after the bowl game

TitanTiger

Guys......Go to Channel 4 news in Greenville, SC and find Brad Fralick. Email him and ask him if USC is going to hire CWM and see an emphatic "NO" on this. THink about it????? Even if this was on the USC coaching hire menu, with all of the hoopla that has been created, there is no way this would happen now. This hurts recruiting in a bad way for them.

Maybe all this has to do with us maybe zeroing in on some of USCs to recruits.

Nobody here is really worried, Doc. USCe fans are worried. And funny. They're beginning to give up on the CWM hire and wondering if there is a Plan B. The latest object of obsession? Plan B might be the rehiring of CEJ. ;D

Fralick related to Muschamp or something?

How do USCe fans feel about rehiring Ellis Johnson after his stint at AU?

Guys......Go to Channel 4 news in Greenville, SC and find Brad Fralick. Email him and ask him if USC is going to hire CWM and see an emphatic "NO" on this. THink about it????? Even if this was on the USC coaching hire menu, with all of the hoopla that has been created, there is no way this would happen now. This hurts recruiting in a bad way for them.

Nobody here is really worried, Doc. USCe fans are worried. And funny. They're beginning to give up on the CWM hire and wondering if there is a Plan B. The latest object of obsession? Plan B might be the rehiring of CEJ. ;D

Sentiment is largely against, though considered slightly better than another year of Ward. They're afraid that it could happen because CEJ evidently needs just a few more years to be vested in the SC retirement system. His retirement could then coincide with that of CSS. That's the current fan mania, at least.

Sentiment is largely against, though considered slightly better than another year of Ward. They're afraid that it could happen because CEJ evidently needs just a few more years to be vested in the SC retirement system. His retirement could then coincide with that of CSS. That's the current fan mania, at least.

Interesting. If they are so willing to give HCIW status to Muschamp they shouldn't have a problem with giving CEJ another shot, IMO. They both failed at their previous school.

Interesting. If they are so willing to give HCIW status to Muschamp they shouldn't have a problem with giving CEJ another shot, IMO. They both failed at their previous school.

Not sure if serious. There is a world of difference between Muschamp and Ellis Johnson, who is barely younger than Spurrier and who has never been a hot head coaching candidate.

The HCIW title is more than a little bizarre IMO. Regardless of which coaches are on the market when the current HC retires in few years, the HCIW is contractually the next guy?

I know a lot of you do not take my posts about this seriously, and that does not bother me one bit. I respect all of my Auburn Brothers that post on this site. Some of you are a bit in the gumshoe class, and will soon gain the wisdom that only a 32nd Degree Autiger has. This will come in due time. I know that I do not have as many posts as some of you, but I am diligently working on that!

Guys,I have a very good pulse on what is going on with USC, Clemson, and the NC schools. I know Brad Fralick, the senior sports director at Channel 4 TV in Greenville, SC. I know many of the sports reporters there as well as Channel 7s in Greenville. Each of these say that CWM coming to USC is extremely highly unlikely. I have emails from Brad and Marc that emphatically say NO!

I will gladly forward my emails that I have from these guys. Gus will let us know in due time what is going to transpire with the hiring of a new DC. One other thing, Ellis Johnson is a very real possibility for USC.

Watch what Spurrier says:

Going by that alone, one would have to admit there doesn't appear to be a deal in place at the time of the presser. Time is definitely on his side though - he has a full staff and WM can wait as long as he wants before deciding to go back to work. If WM decides he wants to wait a while, I'd guess Gus would have to move on because the dynamic is entirely different for Auburn, not having a DC and recruiting and needing badly to salvage his defensive commitments.

Funny you should mention the recruiting. The Cocks are freaking about the HBC's verbiage change from "4-5 yrs" to "2-3 yrs" of coaching left. They think their current coaching staff is having to do damage control to keep recruits who've already committed from jumping ship because he's basically told them he's retiring before their senior year. Paranoia is running thick in Cola.

Thanks for pointing this out. This is why the "HCIW" term in relation to WM's hiring could be the kiss of death to AU's 2015 recruiting and this is why I harped on others to not use it.

The HCIW title is more than a little bizarre IMO. Regardless of which coaches are on the market when the current HC retires in few years, the HCIW is contractually the next guy?

"HCIW" is not an enforceable contract. The term is bunk. UTexas used it to keep recruits on board when MB was producing poor seasons. Recruits wondered about their future and so "HCIW" for WM was invented (copied ?) to give them peace of mind and to make sure they signed with UT. The NCAA frowns on the use of the term.

I wonder if Smart is Saban's HCIW?

I don't think so.....lame kitten will take over after the munchkin bails at season's end..... JMHO

I don't think so.....lame kitten will take over after the munchkin bails at season's end..... JMHO

I'm not so certain. He had an awesome year, no doubt. Proof will be if he can sustain it.

I'm not so certain. He had an awesome year, no doubt. Proof will be if he can sustain it.

Kiffin will be jumping ship at the 1st HC offer he gets. His ego won't allow him to work under anyone for very long.

Nope. No way they'd ever hire that idiot after only one season. Saban wants to hang around a while yet and have the most national championships of any coach in history.

Archived