General Update

AUEngineer2016

Mods, feel free to move this if needed, but I figured I needed to thank as many people as possible.

As many of you know, I have been a Leukemia patient since July 2011, before my senior year in HS. I graduated on time, came to Auburn, and now am on track to graduate in Mechanical Engineering. The road was full of twists and turns that I never saw coming, but as of November 21, I was declared cancer free and stopped my chemotherapy. I know a lot of you out there have been kind enough to have been sending thoughts and prayers my way, and I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone. I have been blessed to not just go to this great academic institution, but also to join the Auburn Family, to witness (and be a part of) Auburn history, and to make lifelong friends.

Unfortunately for me, the road ahead isn't completely smooth sailing. Due to a side effect from one of my medicines, I will be having hip replacement surgery on Friday. The woman doing the surgery is one of the best in the country (and a product of UAB, though she claims UAT because her dad played for them), and honestly I'm more worried about my finals these next 3 days than the surgery, but a little prayer never hurt anyone, amirite?

Thanks again Auburn Family. Ever to Conquer, Never to Yield!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the win against cancer! You have an inspiring story. May God be with you during your surgery and your life and that you may remain cancer free. Best of luck to you on your future in engineering.

Incredible news that you are cancer FREE!!! As tough as you appear to be this hip thing will be a piece of cake for you! But just the same, I will pray for a successful surgery as well as a speedy and painless recovery.

I'm praying that all will go well for you before, during, and after the surgery. May the peace and comfort of the Lord Jesus Christ reside on you, your family, and love ones.

Prayers from Uganda, Africa.

Congrats on being cancer free! Sorry to hear about the hip...it's how we handle the bumps in life that make us who we are...These finals will be a cinch for you and hopefully you will be walking with that new hip again shortly...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers, friend. Good luck with everything, and update us with your recovery.

Archived