General Update

AUEngineer2016

I remember when you first started this journey; I was recovering from double by-pass surgery plus having my pericardium(heart sac) removed. Glad thing have progressed well for you and will continue to keep you in our prayers. WDE young man.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May God and His Son Jesus continue to bless your battle my friend. The fight is His and He will sustain you! Prayers for you.

+1

Amen!

May God and His Son Jesus continue to bless your battle my friend. The fight is His and He will sustain you! Prayers for you.

+1

Amen!

Can't say it any better. God Bless!

Welp, surgery is tomorrow at 12:30 CST, but Doc said that they could probably fit me in sooner as they only have 1 surgery scheduled before me. Had a lovely dinner with my parents, grandparents (who are all headed to Auburn for my brother's graduation) and my better half whatshername. I guess that this will be the last update before I get out tomorrow. Thank you all for all of the thoughts and prayers, they mean more than you all could ever possibly know.

Oh, and the hardest part? The rumored time for the GusChamp announcement is 2:00 PM tomorrow.... for which I will be passed out on a table with someone's hand in my hip. Apparently JJ didn't get my memo about surgery time. Ah well, hopefully it'll just be good news for when I wake up ;)

Wish me luck guys!

Good luck, AUE! I will be thinking of you and I pray for a great surgery and easy recovery for you! Seriously, you have the prayers of so many people on here, you are going to be just fine! No worries!

Heck yeah Engineer! Congrats on the cancer battle and good luck with your hip surgery! I'll be praying as well. WDE!! Hopefully you'll wake up from surgery with all kinds of good news.

Hey y'all! I'm out of surgery! Everything went well, it didn't take too long actually. Just now got to eat for the first time today :). Actually, I've been out of surgery for about 4 hours now, but I just got access to my laptop to give you guys an update.

Again, I just want thank all of you guys for all of the thoughts and prayers. They definitely help and are very appreciated.

War Eagle!

Thought I'd give y'all some more updates since I've got a little bit of time now. I'm doing pretty dad gum good if I do say so myself. I was up and walking with a rolling walker last night at around 8:30-9:00 PM, and walked completely around the nursing station (normally, the first time patients walk, they only get to the door or to the bathroom). I was only about a 1 on the pain scale last night, because my doctor put some numbing cream directly into the tissue of my hip during surgery. Today it's a little worse, about a 2, but it's the incision that hurts, not the hip itself.

I have also had multiple people tell me that I am "the most mature 20 year old that they have ever met" and they were really impressed with both myself and Auburn. I hope that I am representing the university well.

I did joke around with the surgeon yesterday before the operation. She graduated from the Birmingham campus of Bama before it became a separate university, so she is a huge Alabama fan. She came in with an Alabama T-shirt on over her scrubs and a houndstooth hat, and started ribbing me about the iron bowl. During Pre-Op, I politely made sure that she knew it was my LEFT leg, and made sure that she knew which leg was the left one, and I told her that I knew that it was hard for University of Alabama graduates to succeed and how she was so inspiring with how well she has done in the real world. I also gave her a good ol' WAAAAAAAAAAAAAR EAGLE! HEY! as they pushed the anesthesia, just for good measure.

I'll try and update y'all again later, chances are right now that I will be discharged either tomorrow or Monday. Thanks again everyone! Y'all seriously ROCK!

War Eagle young man! Thanks for the update. I love that you gave your bammer surgeon plenty of grief! So glad to hear that you are up and walking, and that the pain is minimal.

God Bless you AUE!

Archived