democrats set to release CIA "torture" report today

cooltigger21

I heard one Obama admin official saying it was being released in the name of transparency. That's pretty dayum rich isn't it? Everything the the people want transparency on the admin stonewalls the hell out of it but, the one thing that has very good reason to remain classified they prefer publishing it for the world to read. Amazingly misguided policies have become the hallmark of the obama admn.

This is the best response you could muster? With all the worthwhile debate we can have on this subject, you trot out yet another flaming extremist rant?

I heard one Obama admin official saying it was being released in the name of transparency. That's pretty dayum rich isn't it? Everything the the people want transparency on the admin stonewalls the hell out of it but, the one thing that has very good reason to remain classified they prefer publishing it for the world to read. Amazingly misguided policies have become the hallmark of the obama admn.

This is the best response you could muster? With all the worthwhile debate we can have on this subject, you trot out yet another flaming extremist rant?

What exactly did you find so debate worthy in that report? So much is always made of context by your ilk, why is it that you and your cadre liberal Obama jock sniffing sheep ignore it in this report? Immediately following the heinous and senseless death of 3000 Americans in the Twin Tower collapse there was an extremely high sense of urgency to prevent another attack and information concerning additional terrorist activity was in high demand. I have no problem castrating the lot of them in public view because IMO when they launched their jihad against America, they became mortal enemies and if they're not defeated, they will defeat us...hows that for meaningful debate?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were a current CIA person in a foreign country right now, I would have serious reservations as to whether my country cared more about me than politics. This is a sad day for our intelligence operations and only someone whose own life, or that of their family is not in jeopardy could think releasing this report was a good thing. JMHO.

Actually the credibility report is tainted since many of the key players involved were not interviewed or allowed to defend themselves.Just a disgrace.

You know what is a disgrace? Our service members who with very little interrogation training were FORCED to administer this program and as a result have severe PTSD! Were their VA claims approved? No!

What exactly did you find so debate worthy in that report? So much is always made of context by your ilk, why is it that you and your cadre liberal Obama jock sniffing sheep ignore it in this report? Immediately following the heinous and senseless death of 3000 Americans in the Twin Tower collapse there was an extremely high sense of urgency to prevent another attack and information concerning additional terrorist activity was in high demand. I have no problem castrating the lot of them in public view because IMO when they launched their jihad against America, they became mortal enemies and if they're not defeated, they will defeat us...hows that for meaningful debate?

My ilk? Show me your Iraq campaign Medal.

your ilk is the jock sniffing Obama apologists who will argue with wall to defend him...NO MATTER WHAT

BTW...that was ALL you could muster as response to my question? Not much there, huh?

“We do not torture,” Bush declared in response to reports of secret CIA prisons overseas. Bush defended his administration's efforts to stop the U.S. Congress from imposing rules on the handling of terrorism suspects.

There was no torture.

The CIA waterboarded, body slammed, deprived detainees of sleep, exploited phobias. None of these strategies produces harm to the individual.

The Dems want to paint the Republicans as the Viet Cong. Does the CIA rip arms out of their sockets like the Viet Cong ? NO.

Besides, ZERO Dems countered the use of "enhanced interrogation" when it was told to them it was being used.

You set a low bar.

"We do not torture," Bush declared in response to reports of secret CIA prisons overseas. Bush defended his administration's efforts to stop the U.S. Congress from imposing rules on the handling of terrorism suspects.

There was no torture.

The CIA waterboarded, body slammed, deprived detainees of sleep, exploited phobias. None of these strategies produces harm to the individual.

The Dems want to paint the Republicans as the Viet Cong. Does the CIA rip arms out of their sockets like the Viet Cong ? NO.

Besides, ZERO Dems countered the use of "enhanced interrogation" when it was told to them it was being used.

You set a low bar.

The truth is always perceived by you lefties as low, presumably, because it isn't "tortured" enough to serve your propagandist agenda.

I think the world is well aware of what we were doing well before this report came out. Abu_Ghraib_35.jpg Oh and Proud Tiger this Soldier was ordered to do this! Who goes to jail, they do! Who walked? His Flag Officers! How about that for a disgrace!

"We do not torture," Bush declared in response to reports of secret CIA prisons overseas. Bush defended his administration's efforts to stop the U.S. Congress from imposing rules on the handling of terrorism suspects.

There was no torture.

You set a low bar.

And you're just a hciw. :laugh:

I think the world is well aware of what we were doing well before this report came out. Abu_Ghraib_35.jpg Oh an Proud Tiger this Soldier was ordered to do this! Who goes to jail, they do! Who walked? His Flag Officers! How about that for a disgrace!

That's exactly what our government sanctioned from the highest levels AUUSN. :rolleyes: According to Obama it was really the rogue IRS officials who ordered it, or didn't you know ?

Btw, thanks for telling us something we didn't know.

"There was no torture"

Unless I miss my guess, the suggestion here is that Bush lied. This has been itchy's favorite whine since well before he took to exposing all tose men ole white police officers whio were maliciously hunting down and killing innocent black chiiildren.

Seems itchy is not just wrong some of the time :-\

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-12-09/cia-torture-report-bush-was-kept-in-the-dark

"There was no torture"

Unless I miss my guess, the suggestion here is that Bush lied. This has been itchy's favorite whine since well before he took to exposing all tose men ole white police officers whio were maliciously hunting down and killing innocent black chiiildren.

http://www.bloomberg...ept-in-the-dark

Why no, the conclusion of the report is that the CIA lied to Bush.

I think the world is well aware of what we were doing well before this report came out. Abu_Ghraib_35.jpg Oh an Proud Tiger this Soldier was ordered to do this! Who goes to jail, they do! Who walked? His Flag Officers! How about that for a disgrace!

That's exactly what our government sanctioned from the highest levels AUUSN. :rolleyes: According to Obama it was really the rogue IRS officials who ordered it, or didn't you know ?

Btw, thanks for telling us something we didn't know.

Releasing this report now wouldn't be another liberal political ploy would it? Look, they've had ALL the info in this report since 2006. That means they sat on it for 8 years until the month before losing control of the Senate to the republicans. Blame it on Bush and the republicans as a swan song even though NOT ONE of them objected or even lodged a formal complaint about it when it was initially reported.

your ilk is the jock sniffing Obama apologists who will argue with wall to defend him...NO MATTER WHAT

BTW...that was ALL you could muster as response to my question? Not much there, huh?

You can call others whatever you like. It will not change the FACT that you are a pathetic, disgraceful liar.

"There was no torture"

http://www.bloomberg...ept-in-the-dark

I have never said anything like that. STOP lying. Why do you constantly lie.

"We should never, as a policy, maltreat people under our control, detainees. We tortured people unmercifully. We probably murdered dozens of them during the course of that, both the armed forces and the C.I.A." - General Barry McCaffrey (ret.) (Fox News Contributor)

STATEMENT BY SENATOR JOHN McCAIN ON INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE REPORT ON TORTURE

Dec 13 2012

Washington, D.C. ­– U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ) today sent the following letter to fellow members of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence regarding the Committee’s comprehensive report on the CIA’s post-September 11, 2001 detention and interrogation practices. The Committee is scheduled to vote on approving the report today.

The letter is below and attached.

December 13, 2012

Fellow Members of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence:

I regret that I am unable to join you for today’s meeting on a subject that is of vital importance to our democracy and of the utmost personal significance to me.

I commend the members and staff of the Committee who have worked tirelessly over many years to produce the comprehensive study that you meet to discuss today. At a moment when our country is once again debating the efficacy and morality of so-called “enhanced interrogation” practices, this report has the potential to set the record straight once and for all. What I have learned confirms for me what I have always believed and insisted to be true – that the cruel, inhuman, and degrading treatment of prisoners is not only wrong in principle and a stain on our country’s conscience, but also an ineffective and unreliable means of gathering intelligence.

It is my sincerest hope that we Americans, for all of our many disagreements, can nonetheless manage to agree that torture of the kind described in this report is unworthy of our national honor and should no longer be a matter for discussion. It is my hope that we can reach a consensus in this country that we will never again engage in these horrific abuses, and that the mere suggestion of doing so should be ruled out of our political discourse, regardless of which party holds power. It is therefore my hope that this Committee will take whatever steps necessary to finalize and declassify this report, so that all Americans can see the record for themselves, which I believe will finally close this painful chapter for our country.

Our enemies may act without conscience, but we do not. It is indispensable to our success in this war that those we ask to fight it know that, in the discharge of their dangerous responsibilities to our country, they are never expected to forget that they are Americans, and the valiant defenders of a sacred idea of how nations should be governed and conduct their relations with others – even our enemies.

Those of us who have given our protectors this onerous duty are obliged by our history, and the many terrible sacrifices made on our nation’s behalf, to make clear that we need not risk our country’s honor to prevail – that through the violence and chaos and heartache of war, through deprivation and cruelty and loss, we are always Americans, and different, stronger and better than those who would destroy us.

Sincerely,

Senator John McCain

The admin will lie about a video as the cause for an attack on our US Ambassador, but has no qualms about outing our own CIA which was doing its job, DID its job, to protect 1000's or 10,000's innocent lives.

Now our embassies are on alert, and it's all because this report , being released as cover on the same day as Gruber's appearance before the House.

Since Senator Feinstein refused the statements of acting and former Directors of the CIA they made their statements to the press regarding the Democrats' "Torture Report":

John Brennan- http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/john-brennan-statement-cia-torture-report

CIA Director John Brennan defended the the agency's use of enhanced interrogation techniques after the Senate Intelligence Committee released a report critical of the program on Tuesday.

"As a result of these efforts, including the many sacrifices made by CIA officers and their families, countless lives have been saved and our Homeland is more secure," Brennan said in astatement about the CIA's efforts to prevent terrorist attacks.

He argued that the CIA's interrogation methods did produce useful intelligence.

"Our review indicates that interrogations of detainees on whom EITs [enhanced interrogation techniques] were used did produce intelligence that helped thwart attack plans, capture terrorists, and save lives. The intelligence gained from the program was critical to our understanding of al-Qa’ida and continues to inform our counterterrorism efforts to this day," he said.

Leon Panetta (a critic of enhanced interrogation)- http://www.newsweek.com/what-former-cia-head-leon-panetta-says-now-about-torture-276456

"Likewise, Panetta says he remains uncertain about the intelligence value of harsh interrogations. “No one shouted out [Osama] bin Laden’s address when strapped to a waterboard,” Panetta writes. “Rather, it was the slow accumulation of leads, one building up on the last, some extracted, unfortunately, after unsavory techniques were used,” that enabled Navy SEALs to kill the elusive Al-Qaeda leader in May 2011.

Harsh interrogation did cause some prisoners to yield to their captors and produced leads that helped our government understand Al Qaeda’s organization, methods, and leadership,” writes Panetta. “At bottom, we know we got important, even critical intelligence from individuals subjected to these enhanced interrogation techniques. What we can’t know—what we’ll never know—is whether those were the only ways to elicit that information.”

George Tenet, Porter Goss, Gen. Michael Hayden-

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/12/09/former-cia-officials-dispute-senate-interrogation-report/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cia-directors-interrogation-program-saved-thousands-lives/story?id=27470215

They called the report is a “one-sided study marred by errors of fact and interpretation.” The former top CIA officials disputed numerous conclusions in the Senate report, including the interrogation program was ineffective in producing actionable intelligence, the CIA habitually went beyond the techniques authorized by the Justice Department, and the CIA misled the Justice Department, White House, Congress and the American people about the program.

Beyond the report’s conclusions, the officials said its compilation was flawed because Senate Intelligence Committee staffers did not interview anyone involved with establishing or running the program."

CIA_ARTICLE.jpg

Only 3 were waterboarded, and it got us UBL

Good enough for me.

I heard Rush Limbaugh say that exact thing on the radio today. Too bad it's not true: CIA records indicate that: (1) the CIA had extensive reporting on [bin Laden courier] Abu Ahmad al-Kuwaiti (variant Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti), the UBL facilitator whose identification and tracking led to the identification of UBL's compound and the operation that resulted in UBL's death, prior to and independent of information from CIA detainees; (2) the most accurate information on Abu Ahmad al-Kuwaiti obtained from a CIA detainee was provided by a CIA detainee who had not yet been subjected to the CIA's enhanced interrogation techniques; and (3) CIA detainees who were subjected to the CIA's enhanced interrogation techniques withheld and fabricated information about Abu Ahmad al-Kuwaiti.

As they say "war is hell." Tell me one where there haven't been atrocities committed. Like cops, everyone in a U.S. military uniform isn't a saint. Thankfully most are good people. But to release a report like this does more harm than good. If you were a foreign intelligence agency would you want to work with the U.S. when break promises of secrecy and put down our own people in a public report? This cold have been handled on the QT if politics wasn't involved.

One thing for sure, the blood of some Americans is going to be on Feinstein's hands. And for what?

As they say "war is hell." Tell me one where there haven't been atrocities committed. Like cops, everyone in a U.S. military uniform isn't a saint. Thankfully most are good people. But to release a report like this does more harm than good. If you were a foreign intelligence agency would you want to work with the U.S. when break promises of secrecy and put down our own people in a public report? This cold have been handled on the QT if politics wasn't involved.

One thing for sure, the blood of some Americans is going to be on Feinstein's hands. And for what?

You're hoping, aren't you. And for what?

Archived