Cam Newton involved in car accident

TitanTiger

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports of two transverse process fractures to the back (a la Tony Romo). Can someone with a legit source confirm/deny?

Don't know if ESPN is legit:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12004613/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-involved-car-accident

Thanks for the info! Must have missed it when I searched. Get well soon Cammy Cam

@theobserver saw him get out of his truck - no obvious signs of trauma

@P1ttsburghK1d

Philip Marshall just tweeted Cam broke both legs.

https://twitter.com/...381858764242944

Philip Marshall should be a seasoned enough reporter to not get taken in by an internet hoax that except for the name is a verbatim repeat of a previous hoax. Or not.

two back fractures, smh...i can't believe it, and all espn does is talk about the panthers, im glad he is still alive! can't lose lutz AND cam, praying that he will get through this

Breaks to the transverse process are painful, but it's actually an injury you can play through.

Breaks to the transverse process are painful, but it's actually an injury you can play through.

he doesn't need to risk anything especially with how bad his team has been playing besides sunday, get back to 100%

he doesn't need to risk anything especially with how bad his team has been playing besides sunday, get back to 100%

There is no risk of further injury. Whether or not he plays depends on how much pain there is.

I'm really glad this is looking better for Cam. He may miss a few games. At this point it may not be worth trying to play hurt this late in the session.

It is always interesting to know what distracted the driver that caused the accident, cellphone?

Looking at the truck, it looks like ram truck?

Being raised up off the ground like that may look cool, but the center of gravity is high and makes roll over easier.

Two fracture vertebrae. Not good news

If you had to pick a back injury, this is the one you'd want.

Well it's kind of like what happened with Romo earlier this year. It is one that does not leave lasting damage or limitations to an athlete. Now he does have some soft tissue injury as you would expect with something like this. He's going to hurt for a while. We've all been in car wrecks at one time or another and you know how it takes a day or two before it really hits you. He'll miss the next two games at least and I would just shut it down if I were him. He's already got enough things that have hindered his play this year. Let himself get healed up and start all over next year.

Well it's kind of like what happened with Romo earlier this year. It is one that does not leave lasting damage or limitations to an athlete. Now he does have some soft tissue injury as you would expect with something like this. He's going to hurt for a while. We've all been in car wrecks at one time or another and you know how it takes a day or two before it really hits you. He'll miss the next two games at least and I would just shut it down if I were him. He's already got enough things that have hindered his play this year. Let himself get healed up and start all over next year.

i would absolutely shut it down.

You're a glass half full kind of guy, aren't ya?

Unabashedly so. I'm very happy that Cam will be OK.

You're a glass half full kind of guy, aren't ya?

Unabashedly so. I'm very happy that Cam will be OK.

Me, too. :)

His OL isn't going to protect him either. I'd say he'd be done for the season and start working towards a better 2015 season. Hope the Panthers draft better this April.

His OL isn't going to protect him either. I'd say he'd be done for the season and start working towards a better 2015 season. Hope the Panthers draft better this April.

No kidding. Man they have really made some bad decisions with player contracts. Now they have no talent. Maybe they can draft Reese. :big:

No kidding. Man they have really made some bad decisions with player contracts. Now they have no talent. Maybe they can draft Reese. :big:/>

And another WR and another RB... Hmmmmm ;)

How about trade for an established WR and draft some lineman? Let Cam do his thing when he's not so limited. Glad he was in that behemoth truck, but still not sure how he walked away from it see the pictures.

How about trade for an established WR and draft some lineman? Let Cam do his thing when he's not so limited. Glad he was in that behemoth truck, but still not sure how he walked away from it see the pictures.

By the grace of GOD is how he walked away from it, and he will tell u the same. And isn't it ironic that only cam would smile while going thru this? The bammers hated that picture when I showed it to them, lol.

Archived