Cam Newton involved in car accident

TitanTiger

When you are 6'6" and 250 lbs, a full-sized pickup truck or full-sized SUV is a good vehicle to have.

My guess is Cam drove the older truck so as to be more inconspicuous when driving around Charlotte.

I can think of way more inconspicuous vehicles than a Murdered out pickup on 37" tires.

My gut is he always loved that body style ram when he was in a kid, and when he could afford one he went and got one just like he had always wanted. Jacked it up and had a cool toy. He still dind't strike me as a guy who would be driving a 15 year old pickup.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you are 6'6" and 250 lbs, a full-sized pickup truck or full-sized SUV is a good vehicle to have.

My guess is Cam drove the older truck so as to be more inconspicuous when driving around Charlotte.

I can think of way more inconspicuous vehicles than a Murdered out pickup on 37" tires.

My gut is he always loved that body style ram when he was in a kid, and when he could afford one he went and got one just like he had always wanted. Jacked it up and had a cool toy. He still dind't strike me as a guy who would be driving a 15 year old pickup.

Its a 3/4 ton no less......my parents had one and it rode like a brick.

Just looked back at the pictures, the other car involved shows just how amazing modern cars are safety wise. It slammed into a full size pickup hard enough to cause the truck to roll 4 times, and the engine compartment is bashed to hell but the passenger area is completely intact.

I worked alot of crashes when I was in law enforcement, some of the cars I saw people walk away from were insane.

Just looked back at the pictures, the other car involved shows just how amazing modern cars are safety wise. It slammed into a full size pickup hard enough to cause the truck to roll 4 times, and the engine compartment is bashed to hell but the passenger area is completely intact.

I worked alot of crashes when I was in law enforcement, some of the cars I saw people walk away from were insane.

It is amazing. I once owned a Mazda 626 and had a lady pull out in front of me at a traffic light. I was on a four-lane hwy, so my speed limit was about 65. Fortunately, I was going a bit slower. She pulled out and I swerved, so as not to hit her in the driver's door (probably would have killed her) and I hit her rear axle instead. The way they designed the Mazda was for the chassis to break, allowing the motor to hit the ground instead of going straight back into the passenger compartment.

Thankfully, it did exactly what it was supposed to do!

IT is amazing how much hate talk there was on the various internet news pieces about this accident...Sporting News, ESPN and even the Charlotte Observer which headlined....Cam Newton had 16 traffic tickets...and then noted that 15 were while he was at UF and one in Charlotte about 3 years ago. Crazy from the hometown paper no less...plus really nasty stuff.

Cam must still live in the heads of thousands of gumps and dawgs....and maybe gamecocks too. No matter what shows up on line about him, almost immediately the comments section looks like something you would find on al.com.

Gumps live on message boards of rivals, pro teams and news outlets 24/7/365. It is truly amazing at the insecurity they have.

Apparently, Cam was not at fault, was going the speed limit etc. I'm sure this bursts Updyke nation's bubble.

IT is amazing how much hate talk there was on the various internet news pieces about this accident...Sporting News, ESPN and even the Charlotte Observer which headlined....Cam Newton had 16 traffic tickets...and then noted that 15 were while he was at UF and one in Charlotte about 3 years ago. Crazy from the hometown paper no less...plus really nasty stuff.

Cam must still live in the heads of thousands of gumps and dawgs....and maybe gamecocks too. No matter what shows up on line about him, almost immediately the comments section looks like something you would find on al.com.

Gumps live on message boards of rivals, pro teams and news outlets 24/7/365. It is truly amazing at the insecurity they have.

Apparently, Cam was not at fault, was going the speed limit etc. I'm sure this bursts Updyke nation's bubble.

You would think but they didn't even wait a couple hours to get the facts before spouting off about dui, speeding and worse. Those people are just pathetic. They have no trouble ignoring the facts.

It would be nice, and safer for everyone, if those lift kits were outlawed for street use, if they aren't already. High CG and knobby tires are probably not be most street worthy of vehicles. Additionally trucks are designed to engage other vehicles so as not to monster truck over them and flip and/or kill the occupants in the other car. So when you install a 10" lift kit that kinda defeats all the engineering that goes into those vehicles. Uh, but I guess it looks cool to some people.

I saw he was wanting to play this week, not sure that will happen.

Rivera has already announced Anderson will be starting.

It would be nice, and safer for everyone, if those lift kits were outlawed for street use, if they aren't already. High CG and knobby tires are probably not be most street worthy of vehicles. Additionally trucks are designed to engage other vehicles so as not to monster truck over them and flip and/or kill the occupants in the other car. So when you install a 10" lift kit that kinda defeats all the engineering that goes into those vehicles. Uh, but I guess it looks cool to some people.

I knew a guy whose u-bolt broke, the body slid on the chassis and put him in a ditch, nearly killing him.

I saw he was wanting to play this week, not sure that will happen.

Rivera has already announced Anderson will be starting.

Yeah, didn't think there was any chance at all of him being out there.

bammers Are saying weed found in cams truck. Sayit came from Mike n Mike.

Bammers will say anything. Pathetic bunch of people.

yes. They are talking like it is a fact, even though we can't find a hint of it on the web.

bammers Are saying weed found in cams truck. Sayit came from Mike n Mike.

Bammers will say anything. Pathetic bunch of people.

yes. They are talking like it is a fact, even though we can't find a hint of it on the web.

Well if they had found that we would know about it by now. It's really amazing. He's been gone from Auburn for 4 years now and they are still obsessing over him.

Looking at the truck, it looks like ram truck?

Being raised up off the ground like that may look cool, but the center of gravity is high and makes roll over easier.

My first thought as well. The only thing worse is a jacked up vehicle with a short wheelbase, like a Jeep. This is one reason that SUV's are not nearly as safe as people assume.

cam put this message out on his instagram page.

17 hours agoI do not know where to begin because by the look of that picture soMEone is supposed to be dead or severely injured worse than what I am right now! While I am resting up the thought that keeps flashing in my mind is that GOD IS GOOD and someone has there protective hands on my life shielding me from any danger that may come my way! I know one thing, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF "IF" you are holding a grudge against someone, "IF" you don't tell the people that's close and dear to you that "YOU LOVE THEM" every chance you get, "IF" your mad because something didn't go your way today! L1FE IS TO SHORT FOR YOU NOT TO APPRECIATE IT TO THE FULLNESS; THROUGH THE GOOD AND THE BAD! I thank you to the people who have been keeping me in there prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery! I am appreciative for the many great things GOD has given me to be thankful for. It's a old cliché statement but it says "GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS!" And as that crash constantly plays back in my mind every time I close my eyes, I can't go another day without me THANKING GOD for the opportunities he has given me in my life and this accident puts ALOT of things in perspective of what's important and what's not! SHAMEonYOU if YOU go another second in life with holding a grudge or HATING on someone, taking life for granted, or just not appreciating the breath you just breathed; trust and believe there are plenty people with illnesses, people in the hospital, or even people that are 6ft under the earth that W1SH they had "another"opportunity to do so! So if you read this I challenge you to L1VE life to the fullness everyday! 1OVE the people who are close to you (and don't be afraid to tell them as well)! FORG1VE "whoever" for "whatever" they did! Trust when I tell you that L1FE is to short for you NOT to do those things! #THANKyouJESUSforALLOWINGmeTOseeANOTHERday

L1VE-1OVE-FORG1VE=HAPP1NESS

Being raised up off the ground like that may look cool, but the center of gravity is high and makes roll over easier.

My first thought as well. The only thing worse is a jacked up vehicle with a short wheelbase, like a Jeep. This is one reason that SUV's are not nearly as safe as people assume.

You are kind of right and kind of wrong. I own a company that builds off-road trailers for personal and commercial use. The problem (more often than not) is not the vehicle but the driver who drives a high center of gravity machine that has completely different lateral load characteristics, like a car. I love Jeeps and my CJ5 has extensive mods but I shudder when I see parents put an young driver in a jeep or any other lifted, high roll-center vehicle. You will never catch me above 45 in my jeep and I am thinking way ahead on the highway until I get to the trail. Not really arguing with you but SUV's are much safer in many situations and less safe in others. Mostly depends on the accident.

You are kind of right and kind of wrong. I own a company that builds off-road trailers for personal and commercial use. The problem (more often than not) is not the vehicle but the driver who drives a high center of gravity machine that has completely different lateral load characteristics, like a car. I love Jeeps and my CJ5 has extensive mods but I shudder when I see parents put an young driver in a jeep or any other lifted, high roll-center vehicle. You will never catch me above 45 in my jeep and I am thinking way ahead on the highway until I get to the trail. Not really arguing with you but SUV's are much safer in many situations and less safe in others. Mostly depends on the accident.

I was assuming high speed highway use. I agree with you if the driver understands that and avoids such use or at least allows for it like you do.

For example, one of the more typical SUV accidents is rolling over after an over-correction. Lots of people buy these sort of vehicles - that are high specifically for off-road use - and never take them off road. And that sense of height gives them a false sense of safety. (It's the reptilian part of their brain which says bigger - or higher - is safer.)

And you are right about the teenager in the Jeeps. Half the time they don't even bother with their seatbelts. But then, I see full grown adults on Harley's all the time that don't wear helmets.

B4mZFt6CIAA5TGt.jpg

Newton: "I couldn't talk afterwards because I was in such shock. I'm looking at the truck thinking, 'Somebody should be dead.'"

Newton: "As far as when I am coming back - who cares? I’m just glad to have breath in my lungs."

Cam appears overwhelmed by outpouring of support and moved by how truly lucky he is.

Newton: "I feel great. I could be feeling worse, as we all know. I'm lucky to be standing here. God is good."

Newton: "I'm in somebody's fantasy league and I think it's the man upstairs."

@panthers

what the heck I thought people stopped substituting numbers for letters in words in middle school.

Does Cam still use AIM?

Breathing is his first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Cam cannot pull in breath, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

Archived