Benghazi

homersapien

At one point, all we heard on this forum was Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi....

Well, the (GOP-controlled) Senate committee just released their report and no one says anything. How come? :dunno:

Has everyone come to their senses?

The reports from investigations by the House and Senate are lies. It's still a scandal. obummer and killary still hate America. They lied about a video.

barry sux, libtards is evil

go kill some babies, burn some flags, protest the white police

What difference does it make? Who cares about the deaths of 4 Americans... one being an Ambassador? It doesn't take an investigation to know that failures happened and the one in charge of it decided to get out while she still could.

But hey......WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?!?!?!

I told y'all two weeks ago not to expect too much from the wingnuts.

Why do ya'll care anyway? It was just a damn video.

Republicans don't control the Senate yet. If you are talking about the house intelligence report that was a whitewash. The committee members are too cozy with the people they are supposed to oversee. There were failures all around and the people that could have shed light on what really happened were never talked to by the committee.

They could care less about the failures....they only want their side to be protected in this.

I told y'all two weeks ago not to expect too much from the wingnuts.

Why do ya'll care anyway? It was just a damn video.

It was a tremendous waste of time and resources to make this out to be the scandal it is not. I wasn't going to lump you in with the wingnuts, but you are proving my point.

This admin was , at the very least , incompetent by leaving Americans to die, and then tried to cover it up w/ a fake story about the youtube video.

That's the very best light anyone can put on this debacle.

Obama got his 3 AM call at 3 PM, and he still hid under the covers.

Even if it was simply being in the wrong dangerous place at the wrong time for these 4 Americans who were murdered:

1. The politicians created a cover story they tried to sell to the American people during the election rather than just saying they didn't know why the 4 people died......

2. They knew the cover story was false.

3. The politicians facing current and future elections sent an uninvolved underling to spin the cover story to the press and sacrifice her career.

4. They stayed with the false cover story for days.

5. They got reelected, so what else matters?

Even if it was simply being in the wrong dangerous place at the wrong time for these 4 Americans who were murdered:

1. The politicians created a cover story they tried to sell to the American people during the election rather than just saying they didn't know why the 4 people died......

2. They knew the cover story was false.

3. The politicians facing current and future elections sent an uninvolved underling to spin the cover story to the press and sacrifice her career.

4. They stayed with the false cover story for days.

5. They got reelected, so what else matters?

No doubt, the path taken was the politically expedient one. However, that is business as usual in Washington, hardly an epic scandal.

No doubt, the path taken was the politically expedient one. However, that is business as usual in Washington, hardly an epic scandal.

There's your Hopey Changey guy, right there.

They could care less about the failures....they only want their side to be protected in this.

You should read the House report.

Do you believe what you read from either side of this Congress? I expected more of you. ;)

Do you believe what you read from either side of this Congress? I expected more of you. ;)

You do understand my point don't you? NEITHER side wants to use the tragedy as a means of improving embassy security as much as they want to avoid or exploit the political angles. If there is a scandal, that is it and, both sides are complicit.

You do understand my point don't you? NEITHER side wants to use the tragedy as a means of improving embassy security as much as they want to avoid or exploit the political angles. If there is a scandal, that is it and, both sides are complicit.

True....but it doesn't take away from the facts that happened leading up to, during, and after the attacks.

This admin was , at the very least , incompetent by leaving Americans to die, and then tried to cover it up w/ a fake story about the youtube video.

That's the very best light anyone can put on this debacle.

Obama got his 3 AM call at 3 PM, and he still hid under the covers.

What did the Senate report say about that?

True....but it doesn't take away from the facts that happened leading up to, during, and after the attacks.

Yes but, the only genuine conversation is how to improve security and avoid a future tragedy, not the political implications. Not to say that there is no room for that conversation but, it should not be the primary conversation.

Yes but, the only genuine conversation is how to improve security and avoid a future tragedy, not the political implications. Not to say that there is no room for that conversation but, it should not be the primary conversation.

I think they are directly related in this case. It's not that hard to figure out what went wrong....but why was it allowed to go wrong and why was there a narrative that didn't fit what really happened?

Any report coming out now from the Senate would be a Democrat lead committee. Let's get the facts straight and post a link to a report next time.

SO, provisionally, it is OK for politicians to intentionally deceive the electorate if things happen that completely defy their narrative that national security is in good hands just 2 months before a general election? You seem to dismiss altogether the primary reason for the political component of the scandal which is, the deception was intentionally designed to hide the fact that their candidate's foreign policies were failing on a broad scale and not doing anything even remotely comparable to what he was claiming.

Well, the (GOP-controlled) Senate committee just released their report and no one says anything. How come? :dunno:

I tend to believe eyewitness reports from those on the ground. Props to them for eventually dismissing orders to "stand down." They ultimately saved lives. Unfortunately, not all. Why their testimony before the committee was ignored is a missing piece of the puzzle.

I tend to believe eyewitness reports from those on the ground. Props to them for eventually dismissing orders to "stand down." They ultimately saved lives. Unfortunately, not all. Why their testimony before the committee was ignored is a missing piece of the puzzle.

No one received orders to stand down. The FAST team was 60 min away in Tripoli and once wheels down had trouble getting vehicles to the compound.

No one received orders to stand down. The FAST team was 60 min away in Tripoli and once wheels down had trouble getting vehicles to the compound.

It wasn't in the report. I agree. But, several members of the rescue testified they were given the order. Their testimony was ignored.

Archived