This Fired Up Fox News Host Body Slams ‘Racial Hatred’ Obama In An Unforgettable Way

autigeremt

And, neither does ignoring it.

A man beats a cop and tries to get his gun, for no reason, other than he's a thug , what happens to him is not racism.

Again, crying wolf over such matters actually makes things worse, not better.

Yes, in that particular case. That still does not change the more general discussion.

Heres a relevant fact. Last year 123 black people were killed by the police in total while 4000 black people were killed by other black people. Which is the bigger problem? Should we continue to over zealously beat the racism drums and completely ignore the bigger problem?

Here's a relevant fact. Not only have we already discussed why those numbers are unreliable, you aren't even getting the year right. Those are 2012 numbers.

WOW! That one year difference changes everything... :-\/> So, based on that 12 months error, you're categorically denying that black on black homicide is a much bigger problem than police killing blacks?

How about arguing with what I actually typed? I know it must be difficult.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A man beats a cop and tries to get his gun, for no reason, other than he's a thug , what happens to him is not racism.

Yes, in that particular case. That still does not change the more general discussion.

Heres a relevant fact. Last year 123 black people were killed by the police in total while 4000 black people were killed by other black people. Which is the bigger problem? Should we continue to over zealously beat the racism drums and completely ignore the bigger problem?

Here's a relevant fact. Not only have we already discussed why those numbers are unreliable, you aren't even getting the year right. Those are 2012 numbers.

WOW! That one year difference changes everything... :-\/> So, based on that 12 months error, you're categorically denying that black on black homicide is a much bigger problem than police killing blacks?

Im asking you a direct question. In your opinion - what is the bigger problem? Black on black homicide or police killing black people? Which one, thats all.

Im asking you a direct question. In your opinion - what is the bigger problem? Black on black homicide or police killing black people? Which one, thats all.

The police killings. Criminals are not sworn to uphold the law.

While we're on the subject of "black on black" crime, here's an interesting read for you.

When a white cop kills an unarmed black man, many blacks see a pattern of prejudice that generates official suspicion, hostility and abuse based on skin color. Many whites, however, say it's the fault of blacks. If they didn't commit so much crime, they wouldn't get so much attention from police.

This is not just a favorite theme of overt bigots and Internet trolls. It's the view of Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor and Republican presidential candidate, and many other whites.

Black-on-black crime "is the reason for the heavy police presence in the black community," he asserted on NBC's Meet the Press. "So why don't (they) cut it down so so many white police officers don't have to be in black areas?"

In this view, African Americans have only themselves to blame for the presence and behavior of cops in their neighborhoods. If they would get serious about cleaning up the problems in their own communities, police would not be arresting or killing so many black people.

There's an element of truth to this line of argument. Violent crime rates are far higher among blacks than among whites and other groups. One reason cops have a disproportionate number of interactions with African-American males is that these men commit a disproportionate number of offenses.

Where the argument fails is in its assumption that blacks are complacent about these realities and that whites are blameless. The gist of the message is that blacks created the problem and blacks need to solve it.

But the problem didn't originate recently. In 1958—a time of lynchings, universal discrimination and legal segregation—Time magazine reported that in big cities, the "biggest and most worrisome problem is the crime rate among Negroes" and said Negro leaders and civil rights groups should start "accepting responsibility in an area where they habitually look the other way."

The common impulse of whites, then and now, was to blame blacks for pathologies that whites played a central role in creating. Criminologist Charles Silberman wrote in 1978 that "it would be hard to imagine an environment better calculated to evoke violence than the one in which black Americans have lived." Pretending black crime is a black-created problem is like pretending New Orleans never got hit by a hurricane.

The Giuliani view omits some vital facts. The epidemic of unarmed blacks being killed by police comes not when black crime is high but when it is low. Homicides committed by African Americans declined by half between 1991 and 2008.

Since the early 1990s, arrests of black juveniles have plunged by more than half. In New York City, where Eric Garner was killed by police, the rate of homicides by blacks is down by 80 percent. In Chicago, where most murders are committed by African Americans, the number last year was the lowest since 1965—and this year's could be lower yet.

What is also easy to forget in the denunciation of black crime is that the vast majority of blacks are not criminals. In any given year, less than 5 percent of African Americans are involved in violent crime as perpetrators or victims. The fact that blacks make up a large share of the violent criminal population gives many whites the impression that violent criminals make up a large share of the black population. They don't.

Why don't more blacks living in bad neighborhoods learn to behave like sober middle-class suburbanites? One reason is the shortage of stable families, steady incomes, good schools and safe streets. If you grow up with those advantages, it's relatively easy to do the right thing. If you don't, it's a lot harder.

People trapped in a poor and dangerous slum can't depend on the authorities to keep them safe. They face serious threats every time they leave home. But a young black man who packs or uses a weapon to protect himself against gangs is committing a crime. Even motivated, well-intended kids can wind up in jail.

Crime and poverty create a vicious cycle: A child raised in a chaotic environment is not likely to learn the habits that foster success. Black children afflicted with these disadvantages often take the wrong path as teens or adults. And when they turn out badly, people like Giuliani act as though whites bear no responsibility.

Conservatives are right to say that many of the problems afflicting black communities grow out of lamentable conditions in black communities. Their mistake is thinking that's the end of the discussion. It's only the beginning.

You guys kill me. I suppose all of those were racially motivated and deliberately done because the individual was black? You want to string up every officer and make their job harder because of a tiny few? Yet you excuse the black on black crime and riots and say these people at justified. That is absurd.

Lord have mercy! Why can't anyone here frickin read?

You guys kill me. I suppose all of those were racially motivated and deliberately done because the individual was black?

No.

You want to string up every officer and make their job harder because of a tiny few?

No. My best friend is a Birmingham police office in the North precinct.

Yet you excuse the black on black crime and riots and say these people at justified.

No. Where are you getting this stuff?

That is absurd.

Not as absurd as any attempt at maintaining discourse with you.

Then why do you continue to bitch about it? The conservative media is doing as much, or more to perpetuate it.

Obama and Holder are the ones bitching about it. Rev Sharpton, a frequent guest in the WH, goes off the rails in stirring up the vitriolic racial animus, and all to the delight and agreement of Obama.

You honestly expect the " conservative " media to not talk about it ? While the MSM is actually fanning the flames ?

Then why do you continue to bitch about it? The conservative media is doing as much, or more to perpetuate it.

Obama and Holder are the ones bitching about it. Rev Sharpton, a frequent guest in the WH, goes off the rails in stirring up the vitriolic racial animus, and all to the delight and agreement of Obama.

You honestly expect the " conservative " media to not talk about it ? While the MSM is actually fanning the flames ?

By all means, fan along with them.

You guys kill me. I suppose all of those were racially motivated and deliberately done because the individual was black? You want to string up every officer and make their job harder because of a tiny few? Yet you excuse the black on black crime and riots and say these people at justified. That is absurd.

So by virtue of extrapolation, I think it is fair to say, you think, the lives of the literally 1000s and 1000s of black men who were murdered by their fellow black man were meaningless and expendable because the institutions are more important than individual lives..correct? The sheer volume of numbers so far outweighs the black men killed by police officers it seems extraordinarily calloused and quite frankly, beyond the pale, that you would answer the 123 or there abouts is a bigger problem than the 4000 or there abouts. I added the "there abouts" because, like most liberals, when the statistics dont favor your argument you predictably refuse to entertain them as reliable.

Lets face it! We are living in a time when the media (both sides) is all about drama and ratings! We should all know this.

However.....the "leadership" in DC is doing the same thing. The issues we have are more related to a lack of a civil and moral society than police killing blacks...or anyone. Now, I'm smart and honest enough to see that there are some police officers out there who need a reality check. Some of them do go beyond the badge. Most do not. However, the main reason for a lot of these shootings involve crime. Whether its robbing a store, selling "losies", or whatever, a crime committed is the beginning of the domino effect.

Now, we have some cases out there that need to be investigated. Some cops are dirty. But this IS NOT about one race over the other as much as it is about the Sharptons and the Hannitys trying to get attention....which leads to $$$ for their groups or media outlets. The fact that our president is hell bent on advancing this narrative is just pathetic.

Lord have mercy! Why can't anyone here frickin read?

You guys kill me. I suppose all of those were racially motivated and deliberately done because the individual was black?

No.

You want to string up every officer and make their job harder because of a tiny few?

No. My best friend is a Birmingham police office in the North precinct.

Yet you excuse the black on black crime and riots and say these people at justified.

No. Where are you getting this stuff?

That is absurd.

Not as absurd as any attempt at maintaining discourse with you.

Tiggerthink?

So by virtue of extrapolation, I think it is fair to say, you think, the lives of the literally 1000s and 1000s of black men who were murdered by their fellow black man were meaningless and expendable because the institutions are more important than individual lives..correct? The sheer volume of numbers so far outweighs the black men killed by police officers it seems extraordinarily calloused and quite frankly, beyond the pale, that you would answer the 123 or there abouts is a bigger problem than the 4000 or there abouts. I added the "there abouts" because, like most liberals, when the statistics dont favor your argument you predictably refuse to entertain them as reliable.

Another classic Blue post!

There ought to be enough for a book by now.

Lets face it! We are living in a time when the media (both sides) is all about drama and ratings! We should all know this.

However.....the "leadership" in DC is doing the same thing. The issues we have are more related to a lack of a civil and moral society than police killing blacks...or anyone. Now, I'm smart and honest enough to see that there are some police officers out there who need a reality check. Some of them do go beyond the badge. Most do not. However, the main reason for a lot of these shootings involve crime. Whether its robbing a store, selling "losies", or whatever, a crime committed is the beginning of the domino effect.

Now, we have some cases out there that need to be investigated. Some cops are dirty. But this IS NOT about one race over the other as much as it is about the Sharptons and the Hannitys trying to get attention....which leads to $$$ for their groups or media outlets. The fact that our president is hell bent on advancing this narrative is just pathetic.

What narrative?

"The fact that our president is hell bent on advancing this narrative is just pathetic."

Agreed but he must do everything in his power to divide and sustain those divisions for political reasons. Its always politics and everything else must take a back seat to that.

So by virtue of extrapolation, I think it is fair to say, you think, the lives of the literally 1000s and 1000s of black men who were murdered by their fellow black man were meaningless and expendable because the institutions are more important than individual lives..correct?

No. Not correct. Not correct at all. I swear, arguing with you is like pulling teeth. FFS learn how to read. This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday when I said you routinely misrepresent my position and run with it.

The sheer volume of numbers so far outweighs the black men killed by police officers it seems extraordinarily calloused and quite frankly, beyond the pale, that you would answer the 123 or there abouts is a bigger problem than the 4000 or there abouts.

I like watching you show your racist stripes. Black on black crime is actually a racist dog whistle. The rate of white-on-white crime is actually comparable, and when controlled for economic rather than racial variables, is pretty much the same. The whole notion is a false belief based on racial inferiority.

The issue with the police killings is the stereotyping of black men, especially younger black men. They aren't treated fairly by the system meant to protect them. Black people are no more violent than white people, yet they are often viewed that way because of the behavior of a minority.

Anecdote time. I have a friend, a police officer in Birmingham's North precinct, who has opened up to me about it. His beat includes the Collegeville/Norwood area. I don't know how much you know about Birmingham, but that's the ghetto. His exact words to me were that his job has conditioned him to be instinctually racist. He's an awesome guy. He recognizes that part of himself and is aware it's wrong. I don't fault him for his instincts in the slightest. His acknowledgement of his instincts helps him overcome it.

I added the "there abouts" because, like most liberals, when the statistics dont favor your argument you predictably refuse to entertain them as reliable.

Duly noted.

I know now that I can provide evidence for why a particular report is unreliable and you'll just ignore it.

So by virtue of extrapolation, I think it is fair to say, you think, the lives of the literally 1000s and 1000s of black men who were murdered by their fellow black man were meaningless and expendable because the institutions are more important than individual lives..correct?

No. Not correct. Not correct at all. I swear, arguing with you is like pulling teeth. FFS learn how to read. This is exactly what I was talking about yesterday when I said you routinely misrepresent my position and run with it.

The sheer volume of numbers so far outweighs the black men killed by police officers it seems extraordinarily calloused and quite frankly, beyond the pale, that you would answer the 123 or there abouts is a bigger problem than the 4000 or there abouts.

I like watching you show your racist stripes. Black on black crime is actually a racist dog whistle. The rate of white-on-white crime is actually comparable, and when controlled for economic rather than racial variables, is pretty much the same. The whole notion is a false belief based on racial inferiority.

The issue with the police killings is the stereotyping of black men, especially younger black men. They aren't treated fairly by the system meant to protect them. Black people are no more violent than white people, yet they are often viewed that way because of the behavior of a minority.

Anecdote time. I have a friend, a police officer in Birmingham's North precinct, who has opened up to me about it. His beat includes the Collegeville/Norwood area. I don't know how much you know about Birmingham, but that's the ghetto. His exact words to me were that his job has conditioned him to be instinctually racist. He's an awesome guy. He recognizes that part of himself and is aware it's wrong. I don't fault him for his instincts in the slightest. His acknowledgement of his instincts helps him overcome it.

I added the "there abouts" because, like most liberals, when the statistics dont favor your argument you predictably refuse to entertain them as reliable.

Duly noted.

I know now that I can provide evidence for why a particular report is unreliable and you'll just ignore it.

SO black on black crime really only exists as a dog whistle and illustrates a persons racsim if it is mentioned?..gotcha

The topic my dear liberal friend is NOT black on black crime as compared to white on white crime. The topic is homicides and while black people account for roughly 13% of the population they commit nearly 50% of the homicides almost all of their victims are of their own race. Now, you can go to any length you want to come wiht a response to change the topic but THAT is what Im referring to.

You're extremely sensitive about the incidence of black youth being killed by police ignoring altogether the circumstances of the events. Tell me this...if your hero MB had been white and just committed a strong armed burglary, met the description of the perp and when confronted by police conducted himself the same way, Im guessing you'd claim he would still be alive by virtue of his race..is that about right?

Look. Im never going to agree with you on ANYTHING..EVER. Maybe we can agree on that. I'll try my best to ignore you as much as possible in the future and maybe you can give me the same consideration. It is a mutual waste of time even bothering

BTW, take up your problem with the 123 versus the 4000 with the justice Dept. Thats their numbers.

Disappointed in you EMT. This is BS.

Just to be clear....In your view, Michael Brown and Eric Garner were killed by racist cops. Right?

TMW2014-12-10colorEXP.png

This forum to a T.

Sorry Ben. Total :bs: . Very sad you and/or others would buy into that crap!

Disappointed in you EMT. This is BS.

It's true, and you can't take it.

This may have been more powerful had Charles Payne said the same thing, but of course, the Left would just call him an Oreo, and dismiss him , out of hand as well.

No, what is true is, racism does exist. Equality has still not been achieved. To pretend otherwise is dishonest. To blame the victims is immoral.

No one denies racism. But using it as an excuse gets us no where.

Who is ignoring it?

Racism knows no color. That's it to a T!

I'm glad you like this judge's racist asshattery. Have fun perpetuating it.

I'm glad you fail to see the truth that stands before us. It's obvious you won't acknowledge the reality of race and how it is being used to divide us. Keep up the division.......

She denies reality. So do you, apparently. Racism is alive and well. Deeply rooted, as President Obama eloquently put it. You're perpetuating it. Congratulations.

I like how you accuse me of what you're guilty of. A very "tea party" tactic. ICHY is right. I expected better. I'm done here.

She is pointing out that these two recent headlines had nothing to do with racism and calling out those promoting that very lie.

SO black on black crime really only exists as a dog whistle and illustrates a persons racsim if it is mentioned?..gotcha

Pointing it out as if there's any sort of significance based upon skin color is racist. The driver of the disparity is socioeconomic.

The topic my dear liberal friend is NOT black on black crime as compared to white on white crime.

You're singling out the black population exclusively because they are black, which is racist. You might as well ask me if I'm bothered more by the murders among whites than their killing at the hands of the police.

The comparison helps with perspective.

The topic is homicides and while black people account for roughly 13% of the population they commit nearly 50% of the homicides almost all of their victims are of their own race. Now, you can go to any length you want to come wiht a response to change the topic but THAT is what Im referring to.

And if you would actually bother to do any research, you'd realize that it's socioeconomic standing rather than race that drives the disparity. Blaming it on the color of their skin is racist.

You're extremely sensitive about the incidence of black youth being killed by police ignoring altogether the circumstances of the events.

I'm bothered when people are singled out or treated differently based on skin color. That should bother you, too. But it doesn't because you wear your ignorance like a badge of honor.

Tell me this...if your hero MB had been white and just committed a strong armed burglary, met the description of the perp and when confronted by police conducted himself the same way, Im guessing you'd claim he would still be alive by virtue of his race..is that about right?

MB is not my hero, and I haven't even mentioned him. Lord you can't debate for ****.

I do believe the police are less speedy to resort to deadly force for a white assailant. There have been studies that support that assertion. The police are not necessarily willfully racist. Like I said, I have a police officer friend that said it's instinctual. Good on him for admitting it. Shame on you for denying it.

Look. Im never going to agree with you on ANYTHING..EVER. Maybe we can agree on that. I'll try my best to ignore you as much as possible in the future and maybe you can give me the same consideration. It is a mutual waste of time even bothering

Better to remain wrong, huh? Bask in your ignorance, then. Willful ignorance bothers me. You're being both lazy and racist.

I won't go as far as ICHY and accuse you of lying, as I'm not really sure you can help twisting my arguments to support your own, but you're getting close to convincing me it's deliberate.

BTW, take up your problem with the 123 versus the 4000 with the justice Dept. Thats their numbers.

The 123 is from a CDC report. Try harder.

This forum to a T.

It's on the nose. I'm sorry if the truth bothers you.

This forum to a T.

It's in the nose. I'm sorry if the truth bothers you.

It is in your head. Far from truth.

This forum to a T.

Reality. Try it sometime.

This forum to a T.

Fiction lives here. :dunno:

This forum to a T.

Fiction lives here. :dunno:

I wish that was the case. More than you realize.

Archived