Sammie/D'haquille are projected as 1st-2nd round picks by Kiper

Dual-Threat Rigby

I think both would benefit from coming back but that has to be weighed against the risk of injury. With JJ throwing the ball and hitting those guys in stride they would both have monster seasons and jump way up into the first round. The high first round bonus money would leave them set for life.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read it suggested somewhere that Duke wants to stay and Auburn would be willing to purchase an insurance policy for him similar to the one UGA purchased for Gurley. Perhaps such a policy would assuage Duke's fears of injury and bring him back another year. Sammie's gone, I feel pretty certain.

I think both would benefit from coming back but that has to be weighed against the risk of injury. With JJ throwing the ball and hitting those guys in stride they would both have monster seasons and jump way up into the first round. The high first round bonus money would leave them set for life.

Low first round isn't too bad either.

Judging from Kiper's report, Sammie has no real reason to come back. Kelvin was every bit as inconsistent as him, while being 25% less the athlete, and still got drafted 1st round. It seems like Duke has slightly more going against him.

Judging from Kiper's report, Sammie has no real reason to come back. Kelvin was every bit as inconsistent as him, while being 25% less the athlete, and still got drafted 1st round. It seems like Duke has slightly more going against him.

I agree Kelvin Benjamin is/was as inconsistent as Sammie. BUT I think being 6'5 is what got him drafted in the first round. Not to say Sammie's combine numbers wouldn't entice a team to take him in the first round, but I just don't want to see him as a Darrius Heyward-Bey type.

I agree Kelvin Benjamin is/was as inconsistent as Sammie. BUT I think being 6'5 is what got him drafted in the first round. Not to say Sammie's combine numbers wouldn't entice a team to take him in the first round, but I just don't want to see him as a Darrius Heyward-Bey type.

Dee Ford's numbers alone propelled him from mid 2nd to mid 1st.

I read it suggested somewhere that Duke wants to stay and Auburn would be willing to purchase an insurance policy for him similar to the one UGA purchased for Gurley. Perhaps such a policy would assuage Duke's fears of injury and bring him back another year. Sammie's gone, I feel pretty certain.

That would be a great way to try and entice the two of them to stay. But TBH of the two I feel as if Sammie has more emotions invested in Auburn and would be more willing to stay than Duke.

It will hurt us against specific opponents early next season IMO if we lose both to the draft. Sure we have go-to speedsters in waiting but JJ would benefit from the combo speed, height, strength and EXPERIENCE Duke and/or Sammie would give him against Louisville et al.

Very true and breaking in a new center and a new QB will be dicey at first.

It will hurt us against specific opponents early next season IMO if we lose both to the draft. Sure we have go-to speedsters in waiting but JJ would benefit from the combo speed, height, strength and EXPERIENCE Duke and/or Sammie would give him against Louisville et al.

It's refreshing to see some folks on here acknowledge that Jeremy Johnson won't be starting with the same 10 guys around him that he did in the Arkansas game this year.

It's refreshing to see some folks on here acknowledge that Jeremy Johnson won't be starting with the same 10 guys around him that he did in the Arkansas game this year.

Our entire team will be a "work in progress", offense has to rebuild with a lot of experienced albeit talented guys. Defense gets a new coach and a new scheme to learn - special teams needs some help. I had no visions of grandeur for this season, and while the schedule is favorable next season, there is still a lot of development and hard work to do in the off-season.

I doubt either player comes back. The NFL is a receiver's game these days. Duke is for sure a 1st rounder and Sammie will easily make a team. No way he is still on the board by the 3rd round.

i don't know if dee has seen the field yet.

i don't know if dee has seen the field yet.

He gets paid the same though. Must be nice. :)

Yeah, not sure what is wrong with being a "Heyward-Bey type" when it comes to the draft. 7th overall pick, still in the league, could probably retire on what he's already earned if he puts some good financial advice to use...

Getting drafted highly doesn't have a negative effect on your performance, either, if that was the implication.

Yeah, not sure what is wrong with being a "Heyward-Bey type" when it comes to the draft. 7th overall pick, still in the league, could probably retire on what he's already earned if he puts some good financial advice to use...

Getting drafted highly doesn't have a negative effect on your performance, either, if that was the implication.

Unfortunately for Heyward-Bey he will always be labeled a bust because he certainly hasn't lived up to the potential of being a 7th overall pick. Financially, he's set for life for sure. But I just think Coates could be a top 10 pick if he comes back and works on being a complete WR. But at the end of the day, he could do that while being paid by an NFL team also.

I'm being selfish right now. If I was either of them I would be GONE.

Unfortunately for Heyward-Bey he will always be labeled a bust because he certainly hasn't lived up to the potential of being a 7th overall pick. Financially, he's set for life for sure. But I just think Coates could be a top 10 pick if he comes back and works on being a complete WR. But at the end of the day, he could do that while being paid by an NFL team also.

I'm being selfish right now. If I was either of them I would be GONE.

Heard that. :thumbsup:

Duke's instagram might make a lot of Auburn fans happy and alot of NFL scouts sad right now...

?

He's heavily hinting

borderline stating

that he will return

I figured that's what you were getting at. Do you have a link or username by chance?

Duke's instagram might make a lot of Auburn fans happy and alot of NFL scouts sad right now...

?

He's heavily hinting

borderline stating

that he will return

I figured that's what you were getting at. Do you have a link or username by chance?

http://instagram.com/p/whFBGcJ0gL/

name: ohhkillem_one

Sammie not stretching the field next year will hurt EVERYBODY on offense a little next year

Until you realize we have other speed threats that can catch the ball ;)/>

Yeah that reminds me of last year when I said we'd miss Tre and Robinson......

Archived