Obama Justice Department Was Involved In IRS Targeting, Lerner Emails Reveal

AFTiger

Sadly, the 18 month investigation into the IRS targeting of conservative groups isn’t over, and it may be worse than anyone thought. A federal judge has broken loose more emails that the DOJ had surely hoped would never surface. The picture it reveals isn’t pretty. The documents prove that Lois Lerner met with DOJ’s Election Crimes Division a month before the 2010 elections.

It has to be embarrassing to the DOJ, which may not be the most impartial one to be investigating the IRS. In fact, the DOJ withheld over 800 pages of Lerner documents citing “taxpayer privacy” and “deliberative privilege.” Yet these internal DOJ documents show Ms. Lerner was talking to DOJ officials about prosecuting tax-exempt entities (yes, criminally!) two years before the IRS conceded there was inappropriate targeting. http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/12/10/obama-justice-department-was-involved-in-irs-targeting-lerner-emails-reveal/

I though Obama said this was just a couple of rogue IRS clerks in Cincy?

Maybe he hadn't watch enough cable news shows to know more about????

Yes the liberals just can't believe the Bush Administration knew nothing about torture, but they find it easy to believe Obama had nothing to do with the IRS targeting.

Where are the apologists ? Where are the - " Yeah, but Bush did the same thing, so did Reagan, but NOW you conservatives are up in arms over this NON story ?

Just because Obama is black, no question about it. Racist TEA baggers! " claims by the Left that this is fully contrived and wholly political whining ?

C'mon... I know you're out there.

This news is clearly wrong. Our president said there 's "not a smidgen of scandal" at the IRS. He wouldn't lie, would he? Oh, wait! I forgot about the little "you can keep your insurance plan" thing. Forget it, I got nothin'.

Once again, the liberal media has convinced those who are so easily Grubered that this was a phony scandal. Sharing tax payer info between federal agencies is a federal crime and thats just the beginning of the corruption surrounding these crooks. Im betting there wont be a single reference to any of this by the MSM.....EVER unless or until Obama starts issuing pardons to protect his sycophants from going to prison. They should ALL go to prison including Eric Holder.

Archived