AU Freshman Jakell Mitchell Shot and Killed

Maverick.AU

A human life is a precious thing given to us by God. Many kids these days just have no respect for human life. God needs to be put back in the schools. Parents have got to put God in the lives of their children. Parents have got to teach kids that life is not a video game. You can't press a button on a controller and start over. This was probably over something very inconsequential and definitely not worth taking a life over.

Praying for the Mitchell Family, The Opelika HS Family and the AU Family.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my experience local guys get jealous of football players. At times football players can be obnoxious. But in this situation I don't understand because Jake( ll) is a local so I'm sure most know him and he's a soft spoken just laid back type of dude. Hopefully they catch the shooter TODAY

We all know kids and people in general act irrational sometimes when it comes to arguments. Also, every university has visitors that party there frequently.That is not unique to Auburn. However, we have had two shootings, and two football players dead in maybe three years. I don't recall the last time UAT or any other SEC school had a football player die from shootings so why does this seem unique to Auburn ?

We all know kids and people in general act irrational sometimes when it comes to arguments. Also, every university has visitors that party there frequently.That is not unique to Auburn. However, we have had two shootings, and two football players dead in maybe three years. I don't recall the last time UAT or any other SEC school had a football player die from shootings so why does this seem unique to Auburn ?

It does make you pause and wonder ...

"What is going on at Auburn?'

It does make you wonder. Not the time or place for this discussion. Let's keep our thoughts on Jakell's Family and the AU Family. We can have this discussion later.

It does make you wonder. Not the time or place for this discussion. Let's keep our thoughts on Jakell's Family and the AU Family. We can have this discussion later.

^^^This.

Agreed.

Oh my goodness... My GF works at the hospital and got a call to go to the ER and said a young man shot several times didn't make it. It HURTS even more it turned out to be one of our own. I'm speechless. Why can't people just learn to love one another instead of taking lives. I'm praying immensely for his family and the team. I pray they catch whomever did this. Sickening. RIP young man.

WTH!! 3 AU football players shot dead at this place since 2012!! What is this?!?! Compton south?!??? Smh.......

I've been in there. It's really a pretty nice apt complex. Just a lot of shady people living there.

May God's peace and understanding be poured out on the Mitchell family and the AU family. Praying for quick resolution and capture of the scumbag(s) responsible for this travesty. RIP Jakell.

May God Bless his family and grant them His peace in this tragic situation.

Nothing wrong with Auburn - there have been several shootings and stabbing in the area over the past two years among non AU students. A lot of it just gets ignored or is not publicized via mainstream unless it's a student or AU athlete.....auburn is fine there is just a goon hooligan element in the Auburn Opelika area...

Nothing wrong with Auburn - there have been several shootings and stabbing in the area over the past two years among non AU students. A lot of it just gets ignored or is not publicized via mainstream unless it's a student or AU athlete.....auburn is fine there is just a goon hooligan element in the Auburn Opelika area...

There is a post on that reddit link that I think explains pretty well why that apartment complex in general has been a troublesome place. So sad that a good young kid got caught in the middle of that kind of senseless violence. My prayers go out to his family.

I live right beside tiger lodge. There is always something going on over there. They need to shut that place down. So sad.

Ban the parties...get security for residents only and their invited guests...is it gated?

This is beyond tragic!! What the h*ll is going on in this complex?

Thoughts, prayers, and condolences to the Mitchell family and to the Auburn family as a whole.

This SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING.. Time to pull out all of the stops and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law!

A human life is a precious thing given to us by God. Many kids these days just have no respect for human life. God needs to be put back in the schools. Parents have got to put God in the lives of their children. Parents have got to teach kids that life is not a video game. You can't press a button on a controller and start over. This was probably over something very inconsequential and definitely not worth taking a life over.

Praying for the Mitchell Family, The Opelika HS Family and the AU Family.

Amen

Very sad day indeed! Not only was he a good guy and football player at AU, he was somebody's child! That is what matters most to me and my heart goes out to his parents. They should not be making plans for his funeral, but enjoying his growth into a man. Please GOD, protect and keep his family together and bring the COWARD who shot him to justice! In JESUS name I pray.

Archived