Get ready for big season!

austudnt23

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Outback Bowl will be interesting, just tosee what immediate changes Muschamp implements in terms of attitude and fire. His presence should help a lot in recruiting the D players we are in need of.

2015 may not be the banner year but it should be the start of quite a few.

The Outback Bowl will be interesting, just tosee what immediate changes Muschamp implements in terms of attitude and fire. His presence should help a lot in recruiting the D players we are in need of.

Muschamp isn't going to coach the bowl game. Charlie Harbison is going to be the interim DC for the Outback Bowl.

Now that Coates has declared for the draft I would imagine that Duke will as well. So it should be interesting to see who will step up at the WR position. Hoping to see 5* Christian Kirk to commit to Auburn.

I'm not sure I would be expecting 2015 being a championship season. Now that Sammie's leaving my expectations are lowered a little more than they already were.

We lose the Rimington winner Resse Dismukes, Chad Slade, Quan Bray, and Cameron Artis-Payne on offense. I think we'll be fine at QB with Jeremy Johnson replacing Nick Marshall but I'm not sure the talent around Johnson will be quite as good as what Marshall has had to work with.

We saw this year our running attack was not as potent as in 2013 even though we still had some returning starters on the O-line. Now we have to re-tool the O-line and break in a new QB with a new RB. I'm not envisioning winning a championship having to replace so many key pieces on offense.

The defense is a question mark. Even though we might be better talent wise on defense we won't be as experienced learning a new scheme or have experienced depth to work with.

Muschamp isn't going to coach the bowl game. Charlie Harbison is going to be the interim DC for the Outback Bowl.

This is true on the base defense but I do think Muchamp will exert his influence. He won't be able not to influence the fundamentals and give more edge to the defense. I think we are going to see a difference.

Dismukes is the only question mark on the OL. I like Chad Slade, but at offensive guard? That's next man up. Braden Smith will either take Coleman's job or move inside and start at RG. If Kozan is healthy, that's a massive upgrade a LG, and I think Danzey is an SEC-level starter. Kozan's just that good. Solve the Center puzzle and the OL will be better than this year.

The defense is a question mark, but is it really going to be worse than we were down the stretch? This defense looked quality for half a season and just fell apart.

I'm not sure I would be expecting 2015 being a championship season. Now that Sammie's leaving my expectations are lowered a little more than they already were.

We lose the Rimington winner Resse Dismukes, Chad Slade, Quan Bray, and Cameron Artis-Payne on offense. I think we'll be fine at QB with Jeremy Johnson replacing Nick Marshall but I'm not sure the talent around Johnson will be quite as good as what Marshall has had to work with.

We saw this year our running attack was not as potent as in 2013 even though we still had some returning starters on the O-line. Now we have to re-tool the O-line and break in a new QB with a new RB. I'm not envisioning winning a championship having to replace so many key pieces on offense.

The defense is a question mark. Even though we might be better talent wise on defense we won't be as experienced learning a new scheme or have experienced depth to work with.

Replacing Reese will not be easy. If Kozan can return that will help a lot. Losing him was a big blow. It cuased a big ripple effect. Braden Smith will be a beast. I expect the running game to be better, possibly 2013 level, with Robinson.

I think Auburn exceeds in making changes and doing well with them. Prime example Gus's first year. Nobody thought we would do half as well as we did. Alabama and Georgia at home next year is also a huge boost.

We have a lot to figure out on the OL, but we have lots of combinations and options.

Tackles with starting experience: Coleman, Young, and Miller

Guards with starting experience: Kozan, Danzey, Golson, and Young

Center options: Dampeer and Kozan

Potential Guard/Tackle starter: Smith and Golson (was working at RT at Ole Miss before he left)

Lots of pieces to move around. There could be a HOST combinations, and I doubt we know the starting line until late in fall practice. That's not even including other redshirted guys or possible impact signees like Ivey.

Muschamp isn't gonna have a worse defense than the atrocity we had this season. Its just not gonna happen. That's not even a problem in my mind. J.B Grimes has been pretty good at his skill so I trust the OL will give the likely leader of a run-and-gun offense his time. The only question is if Craig can build his own stars at the receiver position. We might not necessarily need stars with Jeremy throwing to them but it'd help.

We led the whole league in rushing... What else can you ask for out of a unit in the SEC? They performed outstanding in my opinion.

We led the whole league in rushing... What else can you ask for out of a unit in the SEC? They performed outstanding in my opinion.

You could ASK for leading the NATION in running, but I'm fine with the league's best lol.

2015 being an odd year, our toughest opponents come to Auburn. On paper - assuming we get past game #1 Louisville - won't miss a beat on O, mark my word. Championship D is a year away though IMO, Carl & Monty can only do so much. 'Course we're recruiting some DEs that could be game changers as freshmen...if we sign them. Special teams will be good. Unfortunately, when JJ is a senior and our D will be Auburn-like, we play Bama & UGA on the road again. Maybe by then the NCAA will have clued into the Angry Dwarf's house of cards.

2015 being an odd year, our toughest opponents come to Auburn. On paper - assuming we get past game #1 Louisville - won't miss a beat on O, mark my word. Championship D is a year away though IMO, Carl & Monty can only do so much. 'Course we're recruiting some DEs that could be game changers as freshmen...if we sign them. Special teams will be good. Unfortunately, when JJ is a senior and our D will be Auburn-like, we play Bama & UGA on the road again. Maybe by then the NCAA will have clued into the Angry Dwarf's house of cards.

What do you think there is to be clued in on?

I am hoping the Oline will be good enough to weather September. Run blocking is said to be easier to pick up than pass blocking schemes so that will be the biggest concern. If we do make it through September I am confident it will come together. Johnson has a quick release and I fully expect Melvin Ray to go crazy next year as he was consistently Johnson's favorite receiver all year. If Duke comes back that will give him 2 possession WR, 3 with Davis. All we really need is Stevens to show up as a burner. We need to be able to stretch the field. I am sure that is what they are selling right now to Burt and Tyron. If I remember correctly Johnson used 8 different WR in the first half against Arkansas. I don't ever remember seeing that from Nick. He was very predictable, and yet still successful. The only real question mark on offense that I can see arising is can JJ consistently run keeping the linebackers and ends guessing allowing for chunk yardage plays on the ground from misdirection, I believe Gus went out of his way to keep people guessing this season about JJ's running ability.

If the defense plays passionate Boom ball, it will be an amazing sight and our D may come through for us more than we ever imagined. He was a head coach at UF with Durkin as his DC who had no prior experience as a DC. Durkin was not the reason they had a top 10 defense 4 straight years just in case anyone wants to think it was ALL Tuberville when Boom DCed here the first time. The question is, do we have the talent and will it rise to the occasion.

Oh they are clued in. They just aren't going to do anything about it.

Archived