Very Important......Watch This 8 Second Video

Proud Tiger

Before any of us ever passes judgment on a cop/detective shooting someone, watch this 8m second video. After you , watch it, scroll down and read the story text with the FACTS, which aren't always what the eye sees.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=670841776267356&fref=nf

Before any of us ever passes judgment on a cop/detective shooting someone, watch this 8m second video. After you , watch it, scroll down and read the story text with the FACTS, which aren't always what the eye sees.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=670841776267356&fref=nf

This was clearly excellent police work. The restraint shown by the officers to not simply off him while he was brandishing the rifle is something I will likely never possess. Thank goodness the other officer was there to see him reaching for the handgun. It's obvious that this was a perfectly justified shooting.

What's your point?

https://www.facebook...6267356&fref=nf

I'll be very surprised if the usual suspects, who always defend the criminal, respond here. For them, the biggest problem facing America today is the racism manifested when police "hunt down and kill" innocent black chiiiiildren. Never mind altogether, the 4000 homicides annually blacks commit against blacks, because thats just a dog whistle revealing my own personal racism. :-\

https://www.facebook...356&fref=nf

This was clearly excellent police work. The restraint shown by the officers to not simply off him while he was brandishing the rifle is something I will likely never posses. Thank goodness the other officer was there to see him reaching for the handgun. It's obvious that this was a perfectly justified shooting.

What's your point?

The point is that we don't always see every piece of the puzzle. That's why eye witnesses can be hit or miss. It's important to backup a witness's testimony with the physical evidence.

The point is that we don't always see every piece of the puzzle. That's why eye witnesses can be hit or miss. It's important to backup a witness's testimony with the physical evidence.

So the point is that witnesses can be unreliable? I knew that.

Ben....am I surprised you don't see the point? Not at all. Let me help.......it is that we shouldn't convict solely based on what our eyes see and we perceive what happened to be conclusive. I doubt most people, including me, didn't know the big picture until we read the story.

And I never for one second thought that a know it all would learn anything from the video.

Ben....am I surprised you don't see the point? Not at all. Let me help.......it is that we shouldn't convict solely based on what our eyes see and we perceive what happened to be conclusive. I doubt most people, including me, didn't know the big picture until we read the story.

A willingness to dismiss the point is necessary to maintain a commitment to the idea the "hands up dont shoot" meme actually happened the wya it has been portrayed. There were witnesses who said it did but many also changed their testimony several times and many were discredited. Many still argue it happened but forensic evidence doesn't bear it out.

That's a lesson I was taught at an early age. Note that I have been quiet on the Michael Brown case. Most of my comments on the matter have been limited to racism in society at large.

EDIT:

And I never for one second thought that a know it all would learn anything from the video.

Wow. Why the hostility?

A willingness to dismiss the point is necessary to maintain a commitment to the idea the "hands up dont shoot" meme actually happened the wya it has been portrayed. There were witnesses who said it did but many also changed their testimony several times and many were discredited. Many still argue it happened but forensic evidence doesn't bear it out.

Blue is making my argument for me again, I see.

Ben has turned the thread into an argument. It's his way of not being able to grasp the simple message of the thread topic.......which should be beneficial to ALL of us.

I'm thru responding to him. If some of the rest of you want to waste your time go for it. It's what he wants.

Ben has turned the thread into an argument. It's his way of not being able to grasp the simple message of the thread topic.......which should be beneficial to ALL of us.

Why post in the political forum if you're so offended by being questioned? I would think an expectation of that is reasonable.

I'm thru responding to him. If some of the rest of you want to waste your time go for it. It's what he wants.

Not very nice, Proud. Especially since we seem to agree.

Knew he was going for a second gun the moment the officer behind him yelled gun.

If you really want to make a point about about witnesses. Then you do it like a professor I had that is a lawyer. They had 2 men interrupt their class and pretend to work on stuff in the classroom. The next class period they asked everyone to write down what they saw, what was said, what actions were taken, and what they were wearing.

You can imagine the discrepancy in all of the accounts. Some were not very accurate. We were given the descriptions of everyone in the class.

Archived