When is enough, enough?

RunInRed

When I was a student at AU, a disagreement ended in a fist-fight, at best ...

Nowadays, it's shots fired.

Yet, sadly, we hear more on campus about concealed carry and the 2nd Amendment than we do about Gun Control, Gun-Free Zones, etc.

Thoughts? Solutions to end the violence?

It is mostly attitudinal. You said it yourself. We used to have fist fights. Now people feel disrespected and they pull out a gun or a knife and attack you like that. Gangs have been a prime breeding ground for this behavior. Without a strong father figure to help teach them what a real man is and isn't they just have no real guidance.

People say violent video games and rap lyrics are part of the blame. It might play a role. It certainly doesn't help. You can declare gun free zones all day long but a criminal doesn't care about that. Concealed carry has proven to be a deterrent but by itself it won't cure anything. It just boils down to getting rid of this attitude of if you dis me, I will kill you. That starts at home. Churches can play a role too.

That starts at home. Churches can play a role too.

But when there IS no home , and Churches are all but ignored ...

We have a President and certain " leaders " who are telling young black men to basically ignore the law, fear the peace keepers, and do what ever the hell they want.

And we see the results.

That starts at home. Churches can play a role too.

But when there IS no home , and Churches are all but ignored ...

We have a President and certain " leaders " who are telling young black men to basically ignore the law, fear the peace keepers, and do what ever the hell they want.

And we see the results.

Certainly that is a detriment. We have to hold people accountable under the law.

Certainly that is a detriment. We have to hold people accountable under the law.

What ? We see how that ends up.

" Hands up! Don't Shoot !"

" I can' t breathe ! "

Funny that people are only looking at one side of this.

It's not just gangs that have a gang mentality.

For a great example, I challenge you to come to Auburn and try and start a ONE VS ONE fight with a kid in a fraternity. Two things are going to happen. His friends are going to jump in, or if he doesn't have them available and loses. Then the texts are going out and the rest of the house is showing up.

This will also apply to large groups of friends, I just wanted to use a organization type structure.

I have watched, in the past two years, kids from affluent areas around say Atlanta and Birmingham descend on a individual like a pack of wolves. Now they didn't pull knives or guns, but there was no remorse and no awareness of harm. Cause even when the individual was down, on the ground in the fetal position trying to just cover up, the pack stayed on them.

One on One, if he goes down and he stays down it's over............that stuff no longer exists.... regardless of race or neighborhood or family background or church affiliation or political affiliation.

It's kinda scary actually. Cause many times these are individuals that you would not expect these action from.

For a great example, I challenge you to come to Auburn and try and start a ONE VS ONE fight with a kid in a fraternity. Two things are going to happen. His friends are going to jump in, or if he doesn't have them available and loses. Then the texts are going out and the rest of the house is showing up.

This will also apply to large groups of friends, I just wanted to use a organization type structure.

I have watched, in the past two years, kids from affluent areas around say Atlanta and Birmingham descend on a individual like a pack of wolves. Now they didn't pull knives or guns, but there was no remorse and no awareness of harm. Cause even when the individual was down, on the ground in the fetal position trying to just cover up, the pack stayed on them.

One on One, if he goes down and he stays down it's over............that stuff no longer exists.... regardless of race or neighborhood or family background or church affiliation or political affiliation.

It's kinda scary actually. Cause many times these are individuals that you would not expect these action from.

It is scary. It doesn't just afflict blacks. We don't teach respect anymore. I got into a few fights growing up. After it was over we laughed about it. Never would have thought to pull a knife or a gun.

It is scary. It doesn't just afflict blacks. We don't teach respect anymore. I got into a few fights growing up. After it was over we laughed about it. Never would have thought to pull a knife or a gun.

Same. Fights were one on one, if someone went down and stayed down it was over, nothing but fists. Once done it was done and usually forgotten.

Enough is enough when the gun control crowd gets aroused. Thy never learn hat the bad guys most ofen have guns. Gun control does NOT reduce violent crime

Archived