Players leaving early

AUTUmike

But Coates is four steps faster than Benjamin. So he's got advantages.

Yep....and Sammie has pretty good size to go with his speed. He will just need to learn how to use it...and not make so many mistakes that the coach and QB don't trust him.

Otherwise as noted, the Panther's receivers other than Kelvin are even less reliable. About a third to a half of Cam's incomplete passes are catchable by say.....uh....maybe Steve Smith?

giphy.gif

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless Kris Frost says he'll join Sammie in leaving early, I looks like all the other big guns are coming back for next season. I hope Kris says he'll stay another year.

Now that Kris Frost is coming back for his senior year, we wont have any guys jumping off the Gus bus early. WDE!!

Coates is jumping off. WDE anyway.

Other than Avery Young, I think it's fair to say McKinzy, Frost, Coates, and Duke all gave the NFL pretty serious consideration this year. Getting 4/5 back is quite a luxury honestly. WDE

Now that Kris Frost is coming back for his senior year, we wont have any guys jumping off the Gus bus early. WDE!!

Coates is jumping off. WDE anyway.

Probably the easiest loss to deal with of the players considering the NFL....JMO but Ricardo Louis should move into his position with no hitches.

Ricardo had the same hand questions but isn't half the athlete. People really don't understand what Sammie did for this offense

Ricardo had the same hand questions but isn't half the athlete. People really don't understand what Sammie did for this offense

Oh I think they do but I dont think he cant be replaced. He was athletic, a better than average blocker and was able to out run single coverage on deep patterns. He was a big factor but again, I dont think he cant be satisfactorily replaced. We'll see. He'll definitely be missed because he's an excellent player. I hope he lands in a good system in the NFL and has a great career. He's a great kid and has been a quality asset to Auburn's program.

Oh I think they do but I dont think he cant be replaced. He was athletic, a better than average blocker and was able to out run single coverage on deep patterns. He was a big factor but again, I dont think he cant be satisfactorily replaced. We'll see. He'll definitely be missed because he's an excellent player. I hope he lands in a good system in the NFL and has a great career. He's a great kid and has been a quality asset to Auburn's program.

Looking forward to seeing Sammie in the NFL next year but I do think that RL can replace him well enough. He runs better routes IMO, his hands are no worse than Sammie, more versatile on the jet sweep, shiftier if not as athletic, and probably as fast in the open field.

That long pass against Wisky was a thing of beauty and I look forward to seeing RL catch a bunch more this coming season.

Other than Avery Young, I think it's fair to say McKinzy, Frost, Coates, and Duke all gave the NFL pretty serious consideration this year. Getting 4/5 back is quite a luxury honestly. WDE

It's good for Auburn and good for them too. Duke may have been drafted late, the others would have been making frantic phone calls attempting to get tryout opportunities.

Sammie will be just fine...IF the pass is when a defender is in his face and he is not relatively open and the deep ball hits him in the hands. Sammie has all the measurables but for whatever reason he has some slippery fingers when the pass is there.

WDE Sammie. Now, do some catching on the in the hands passes and make that NFL "quan".

It's good for Auburn and good for them too. Duke may have been drafted late, the others would have been making frantic phone calls attempting to get tryout opportunities.

I think Duke would've been drafted at a respectable slot, but I agree on the LBs. One more year of seasoning with a quality DC will do all parties involved a lot of good.

Duke possibly could've fallen in the draft once the NFL did their super deep background checks. Staying another year allows him to grow some more.

Duke possibly could've fallen in the draft once the NFL did their super deep background checks. Staying another year allows him to grow some more.

\

It would be hard for him to reach his maximum value this year...injuries and suspension at the end of the season...would make any NFL team wonder what they might be getting. Next season will give him a chance to raise his "value" quite a bit IMO.

Duke would have gone 2nd round at the latest. We're lucky he never submitted paperwork, or the NFL would have confirmed that and he might not have come back.

He knew where he stood with the NFL as far as draft position goes. Every draft analyst around put him in about the same spot Sammy.

Frost is unlikely to be drafted. He doesn't have the measurables, he needs a great year to showcase some talent and needs to get on a jumping / leaping program to increase his speed.

Good god, you are so wrong its not even remotely funny.

Agreed!! IMO Frost is much better that Cass at this point in their careers.

Archived