Players leaving early

AUTUmike

It baffles me that posters honestly think they know what's best for players...

I don't care what is best for the players after they accept a VERY generous scholly to play football at AU. I care about AU first, then the AU football program a very, very, very far second. AU football players (as are spuat, uga, uf, lsu, usce, etc football players) are totally pampered and coddled. Being conservative, 50% of the football players would not legitimately qualify to attend AU if they were competing academically with the general student population at AU. No crying from me for many of the football and basketball players. AU is doing them a favor, not the other way around.

wde

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what is best for the players after they accept a VERY generous scholly to play football at AU. I care about AU first, then the AU football program a very, very, very far second. AU football players (as are spuat, uga, uf, lsu, usce, etc football players) are totally pampered and coddled. Being conservative, 50% of the football players would not legitimately qualify to attend AU if they were competing academically with the general student population at AU. No crying from me for many of the football and basketball players. AU is doing them a favor, not the other way around.

wde

Smh. Wow. Lol

wde

Hate to admit it. You are not politically correct, but correct nonetheless.

He's not correct about anything. Do you know how much money these top football players make for their university? Whether or not they would get into Auburn without football is beyond the point as the majority of these TOP talents are playing collegiate football out of necessity, not because they're here for a free education. The kids at smaller schools who are lacking NFL talent are getting a free education...the kids at powerhouse SEC programs are here because they want to get to the NFL.

wde

That's cute bud.

wde

Yes. Schools pay coaches obscene amounts of money to literally beg kids to come play football because that school's administration really, really wants those particular kids to get an education. Also, you know the players don't continue to get scholarship money after they leave, right?

I trust you've never bragged to a rival fan about your team beating theirs? I mean, you know that it was a bunch of coddled football players who did that for you, right?

The folks who are bitter about the coddling of the players on whose backs a significant portion of the school's revenue was earned always make me laugh. Fun fact: Auburn football earned $39 million in profit in 2013. That's $458,823 per scholarship player. Meanwhile, Auburn provided an estimated "$2,648,096 worth of goods and services to members of its current, active football roster", or $31,154 per scholarship player. As for any guy who goes pro early? Yeah, his 3 years of "getting coddled" paid for 14 guys to get a full four year ride (except he paid for way more than that, because guys who are good enough to go pro early earn a far higher percentage of that $39 million).

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm45efmkf/11-auburn-tigers/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1571912-the-business-of-college-football-breaking-down-what-a-scholarship-entails

wde

Lousy attitude.

I don't care what is best for the players after they accept a VERY generous scholly to play football at AU.

So tell me...how exactly are AU scholarships "generous"? Are they more generous than the norm, and if so, how does AU get away with that? And what of the coaches (like AU head coach Gus Malzahn) who openly tell players who are projected to go early in the draft that they should take the money? If you don't care about the players and their future, then you're misguided...because the future of players and AU and the fortunes of AU are in many ways intertwined. (The more success former AU players have at the next level, the better it is for AU.)

McKinsey staying

You know this because are his roommate? Staying is his only reasonable option, he wouldn't get drafted.

Dude!? I'm just posting related info, no need for the ridicule.

Its Duke's decision about leaving for the NFL but you would think an excellent outing against Wisconsin would only help his status, very puzzling ? I hope its just more internet rumors.

His performance in the bowl game will have no bearing on his draft position one way or the other.

McKinsey staying

You know this because are his roommate? Staying is his only reasonable option, he wouldn't get drafted.

Posting "McKinzy staying" and nothing more leaves you open for ridicule. It would be nice to know if you have some hard information to that effect or his staying is a random opinion that drifted through your mind. So which is it?

McKinsey staying

Posting "McKinzy staying" and nothing more leaves you open for ridicule. It would be nice to know if you have some hard information to that effect or his staying is a random opinion that drifted through your mind. So which is it?

He is staying for his senior year.

wde

Smh. Wow. Lol

I'm with u on this one cole, double wow!!

Everyone has their opinion. No need to wow...just accept it and move on.

As for someone stating a player is staying or not why ridicule that person? If he/she knows, then so be it.

Where's duke? Heard he is not showing up?

Heard, huh? Try Google. Seriously. What you heard and what is are quite possibly not at all the same.

Dude, don't get your panties in a wad. It's on 247 and been reported by beat writers. Seems to be more an illness. Wanted to discuss. Look at the date on those. Jeez. Merry Christmas to you too.

Everyone has their opinion. No need to wow...just accept it and move on.

As for someone stating a player is staying or not why ridicule that person? If he/she knows, then so be it.

Well, "I think he's staying" and "I heard him say he's staying" are quite different things, don't you think? "He's staying for his senior year" is certainly a rude thing to post. If you are unwilling to say if this is information or daydreams, then maybe best keep it to yourself. Unless, of course, you are not going to object when you do get questioned about it.

He is staying. He stated so that after much prayer that he is staying for his senior year. I'm not worried about anyone questioning me, that's fine but be respectful about it.

Though Sammie is leaving, I hope the others stay for their senior season. Their Pro stock will only go up higher if they stay one more year.

Archived