Players leaving early

AUTUmike

Mybrother ran into cass yesterday and he told him he needed him for next year. He said he couldn't tell him because his mom was right there. No news but cool of him to discuss with average Joe.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cass and Frost will stay as of right now unless they both get a top 2 round draft status. I am not worried about Young at all. I have heard we get all 3 back

Great news, 23!

Cass and Frost will stay as of right now unless they both get a top 2 round draft status. I am not worried about Young at all. I have heard we get all 3 back

Now THATS a christmas present.

Now THATS a christmas present.

I have not had a strong feeling all along that either of those guys would leave. Now if Duke were to stay that would be a big time christmas present lol

Now Duke is a different story I would not count on him staying at this point he should hey a first or second round grade... Now his speed could put a da,per on his draft status but his hands make him a perfect slot receiver. Duke not practicing is definitely not a good sign though. I would say that it is not a done deal that he is going pro but our coaches are preparing for it with our we recruiting

McKinsey staying

You know this because are his roommate? Staying is his only reasonable option, he wouldn't get drafted.

Dude!? I'm just posting related info, no need for the ridicule.

Posting "McKinzy staying" and nothing more leaves you open for ridicule. It would be nice to know if you have some hard information to that effect or his staying is a random opinion that drifted through your mind. So which is it?

He is staying for his senior year.

When you post things like "McKenzy staying" it upsets the bammer lovers on here. They are pulling and pushing to get our players out of school immediately.

McKinsey staying

You know this because are his roommate? Staying is his only reasonable option, he wouldn't get drafted.

Posting "McKinzy staying" and nothing more leaves you open for ridicule. It would be nice to know if you have some hard information to that effect or his staying is a random opinion that drifted through your mind. So which is it?

When you post things like "McKenzy staying" it upsets the bammer lovers on here. They are pulling and pushing to get our players out of school immediately.

McKinsey staying

McKinsey staying

You can't be that naive, dude.

Has a brother and a close cousin. I still fully believe that him, Frost and McKinsey are all just getting a free checkout from the NFL. It also serves as a little publicity for their run next year. TIFWIW. WDE

am i the only poster who didnt know till today that avery young has a brother in the NFL?

I didn't know that either.

Has a brother and a close cousin. I still fully believe that him, Frost and McKinsey are all just getting a free checkout from the NFL. It also serves as a little publicity for their run next year. TIFWIW. WDE

It baffles me that so many Auburn fans don't get this, and would rather invent a reason to denigrate our players.

It baffles me that so many Auburn fans don't get this, and would rather invent a reason to denigrate our players.

I'm going to be honest I don't see another program that gets down on the actual good to decent players like our fan base. One drop, miss a block, fumble, offside, pass interference, don't play hurt, leave early, get a freaking draft evaluation.....people go crazy. Then players that haven't ever been seen or seen very little get all the praise.....crazy

I'm going to be honest I don't see another program that gets down on the actual good to decent players like our fan base. One drop, miss a block, fumble, offside, pass interference, don't play hurt, leave early, get a freaking draft evaluation.....people go crazy. Then players that haven't ever been seen or seen very little get all the praise.....crazy

That's because you don't spend as much time on other team's message boards. Just go to the AJC blogs and read what the DullDawg fans say. It's way, way worse than what Auburn's people say.

I must admit....great point. But I will win the next debate Mikey.....You can count on that....bwahaha...that was my evil laugh

I must admit....great point. But I will win the next debate Mikey.....You can count on that....bwahaha...that was my evil laugh

The more money the guys make in the pros, and with more players going early to get that money.... and now it looks like pretty soon schools will be paying money in addition to scholarships.....so IMO, a big result is that fewer fans will identify with short-term players on their school teams...and many players will feel less loyalty or commitment to the schools they play for...where it was a "business decision" to attend there.

This is the current trend in college football where college players are looking like professional athletes. And just watch how home town fans treat their players in the NFL cities. College fans are not far behind...

Article yesterday stated that Frost was pretty much 50/50 on returning.

When are draft evaluations returned to the players? Are they made public?

Article yesterday stated that Frost was pretty much 50/50 on returning.

When are draft evaluations returned to the players? Are they made public?

Don't know the timetable for that. They are not officially released to the public. Usually it will get out though. They have until the 15th to declare.

I honestly think if they declare for the draft Cass might get drafted but Frost won't. When your part of a defense that gave up a record amount of yards and pts not too many scouts are going to have any good things to say about you. How come the fans know how hard it is to not get cut during pre season but players keep declaring for the draft and leaving with year(s) of eligibility left

I honestly think if they declare for the draft Cass might get drafted but Frost won't. When your part of a defense that gave up a record amount of yards and pts not too many scouts are going to have any good things to say about you.

What? Na man. Doesn't work that way. Scouts and GM's aren't looking to draft teams, they're looking to draft players, and what they go on as much as anything is the "measurables" like height, weight, lateral movement, jumping ability and 40 times. Players from absolutely terrible teams get drafted all the time. Players from tiny programs that never won much of anything get drafted also. Now all that said...unless he gets a really solid NFL eval, I think Frost does himself a favor by coming back and learning for a year under Muschamp.

Frost would definitely get drafted. He's probably looking at a third round eval, which may be the reason he's on the fence.

I'd be surprised if Frost, Cass, or Avery left early. I'd be more shocked if they were actually drafted. I'd be stunned if they were drafted before the 6th round. But, I'm not an NFL scout either. Of course those guys are probably 50/50 on their draft evals too.

Archived