Players leaving early

AUTUmike

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frost would definitely get drafted. He's probably looking at a third round eval, which may be the reason he's on the fence.

Quite Frankly I've seen nothing out of Frost that tells me he's ready for the NFL right now. He makes way too many bad decisions on the football field.

That late hit the other day said a lot. I think he knew it too. Another year at AU will probably put him over the hump.

Frost would definitely get drafted. He's probably looking at a third round eval, which may be the reason he's on the fence.

Quite Frankly I've seen nothing out of Frost that tells me he's ready for the NFL right now. He makes way too many bad decisions on the football field.

i also dont see how he would get drafted at all much less 3rd round. he tackled better this year but constantly over ran gaps and had bad angles to the ball. just not a natural to me. if he goes good luck to him. i think he is half the LB Josh Bynes was and Josh was a 7th rounder or maybe free agent.

Could Frost play safety in the NFL? He's had 4 years to learn the LB position and still can't be depended upon to not make critical mental errors. I mean Jake Holland was playing over him because of the mental aspect of the game and Holland, while putting forth great effort, was not an SEC LB.

* might be a noob question but I am curious.

I don't think he is quick enough to play safety. Pursuit angles are more important at safety and that is frost's weakest point imo.

Totally agree CT. The way I see his decision is, if he decides to go pro, what he's really saying is, he's ready to quit playing football. I think he's neither mentally nor physically tough enough to play any position in the NFL

I don't think he is quick enough to play safety. Pursuit angles are more important at safety and that is frost's weakest point imo.

Thanks. That makes sense. Interesting that he was a 5* ATH but it hasn't particularly translated to the LB position. I wonder if there is another position that he would've excelled at if Chizik had put him there. He has good speed for a LB I think but he just can't seem to grasp the mental portions of it which lead to him looking really bad at times. But in all honesty, he's not TERRIBLE IMO, but could stand to improve. His measurables are pretty solid I would think.

"he's not terrible"

How many players fitting that description make it in the NFL? Unless he's just ready to quit playing football altogether, which is fine if thats what he chooses, he should stay at Auburn for his final year of eligibility. He wont get drafted and his chances of making it as a free agent are the longest of a long shot at best..they are for ALL free agents.

"he's not terrible"

How many players fitting that description make it in the NFL? Unless he's just ready to quit playing football altogether, which is fine if thats what he chooses, he should stay at Auburn for his final year of eligibility. He wont get drafted and his chances of making it as a free agent are the longest of a long shot at best..they are for ALL free agents.

I never intended to imply that he should go pro at all. Just stating that Holland was a different level of "bad" than Frost is. It is very surprising that he's even considering leaving early based on a purely football standpoint.

In truth we don't have any players who should leave early this year. A year of GOOD LB coaching will do wonders for Chris and Cas and probably get them drafted next year. As for receivers, good luck to Sammie (but I still remember Darvin Adams and the way he disappeared after leaving early). I think JJ 's passing accuracy will make Duke into an all world receiver next year if he doesn't change his mind about staying. I imagine that Reese will go in one of the first five rounds but that will probably be it.

Whoever is telling Mckensie and Frost they would be drated is cheating these young men. Like so many other Auburn players who jumped early, they will be jumping into obscurity.

Whoever is telling Mckensie and Frost they would be drated is cheating these young men. Like so many other Auburn players who jumped early, they will be jumping into obscurity.

I'm not sure you know a thing about NFL or the draft at all.

I'm confident in the opposite direction.

If Frost gets drafted, he won't last long unless he all of sudden starts doing things the way he should have been doing them all along. He's a loooong way away from being ready for the NFL. Lots of players look good in shorts and can run and jump. They've got film on him and quite frankly it isn't pretty.

Neither one of those guys would be drafted. Both definately need another year with good coaching to have a chance. Coates would have been better off staying. Duke made the right choice. His stock is going way up with JJ throwing the ball.

If either one of McKinsey or Frost goes pro this year they'll just be this year's version of Darwin Adams who did not get drafted and really hasn't much been heard from since. I understand if they want to quit playing football but surely they dont honestly believe they're pro material after the year they both had?

If either one of McKinsey or Frost goes pro this year they'll just be this year's version of Darwin Adams who did not get drafted and really hasn't much been heard from since. I understand if they want to quit playing football but surely they dont honestly believe they're pro material after the year they both had?

that is my point. more so with frost than cass. both have the athletic ability to do well. neither have played well. = much room for improvement.

Texas, they don't go past the third round. No 3-5 evals any more.

Darvin didn't get drafted because he was slower than expected with inconsistent hands. If Frost went through workouts, he'd crush the combine stuff. In other words, after film, his stock goes up. Opposite of Darvin.

Darvin didn't get drafted because he was slower than expected with inconsistent hands. If Frost went through workouts, he'd crush the combine stuff. In other words, after film, his stock goes up. Opposite of Darvin.

many a player looks good in the combine. These guys have film of him and none of it is that good, certainly not anywhere near NFL standards. He' s a reach, even the later rounds right now. He just is not ready for professional football right now.

His body of work would weigh over his physical abilities. Anyone who encourages him to go pro is doing this young man a disservice.

If Frost and Cass do not have financial issues or needs right now, I would opt to come back for another season under Muschamp and company. Can only help their stock rise.

Sammie Coates has been on the NFL radar for a while. He will be drafted, probably in the second round. Duke is great and will certainly have an NFL career, but is not as well known as Sammie is right now.

Avery Young and Duke have both stated that they will be back.

The current best players we have for the NFL draft this year are Dismukes, Coates, Marshall, and CAP. Uzomah may go in the later rounds or as a free agent. He has some upsides but again is not as well known. I could see Uzomah and Bray in the Canadian Football league to start with. Might see Grant in the CFL as well.

Archived