Terrorists Striking in Sydney

Proud Tiger

There can't be armed terrorists in Australia! Remember how Obama praised the Aussie govt. for seizing all those firearms? This can't happen in places like Australia or Chicago where weapons are illegal!

Hope this doesn't end bad for the hostages. I'm afraid this is going to get more commonplace.

http://video.laurain...cal-TV-28259659

Listening live to Sydney radio, and they're talking to folks inside the cafe.

2GB Sydney on TuneIn Radio.

There can't be armed terrorists in Australia! Remember how Obama praised the Aussie govt. for seizing all those firearms? This can't happen in places like Australia or Chicago where weapons are illegal!

Wow. First response and the subject changed already to a partisan poo fling. :-\

Wow. First response and the subject changed already to a partisan poo fling. :-\

agree

over 5 hours now, and it seems like it's just 1 gunman.

Andy Carvin@acarvinFollow

Consensus translation of the headband is "We sacrifice ourselves for you, O Mohamed.” Caveat: photo blurry, text incomplete. #sydneysiege

Hoping this doesn't end up like Munich, '72.

They were also praised for their immigration laws and how that would prevent this from happening also. Appears all kind of policy failed today there.

3 hostages are reportedly being released, but it's tough to follow on the radio , as the host is watching several screens and getting mixed messages from folks off air, so it's a bit confused, to say the least.

They were also praised for their immigration laws and how that would prevent this from happening also. Appears all kind of policy failed today there.

If we want to assume policy success or failure is contingent on an isolated event, then yes, you're correct.

5 now released. Not sure how much longer this will go on. 10 hours now, and he seems to be by himself. Tired and confused nut case w/ a gun usually doesn't end well for everyone.

Hope there's a good sniper on hand.

Hope this doesn't end bad for the hostages. I'm afraid this is going to get more commonplace.

http://video.laurain...cal-TV-28259659

Listening live to Sydney radio, and they're talking to folks inside the cafe.

2GB Sydney on TuneIn Radio.

Thanks for this post. I fell asleep listening to this station and listen this morning when I got up.

5 now released. Not sure how much longer this will go on. 10 hours now, and he seems to be by himself. Tired and confused nut case w/ a gun usually doesn't end well for everyone.

Hope there's a good sniper on hand.

I was listening to 2GB last night when the last two hostage ran out. It was unbelievable listening to the emotion of the guy on the radio as he described it.

AUtiger98.....I haven't seen anything indicating two hostage killed Hope that's not the case. But I hope the Islamist bastard finds out his 17 virgins are all male.

Looks like one hostage dead and 3 in serious condition. Most of this is coming from media twitter accounts at #sydneysiege

Here's the terrorist. Man Haron Monis, also known as Sheikh Haron.

141215095109-restricted-02-man-haron-monis-file-story-body.jpg

AUtiger98.....I haven't seen anything indicating two hostage killed Hope that's not the case. But I hope the Islamist bastard finds out his 17 virgins are all male.

Who knows, maybe he would prefer that. ;D

Who knows, maybe he would prefer that. ;D

It's actually 72. ;)

Archived