Why such hate from Carolina fans?!

SKCAUB

I don't have a problem with it, because before Tuberville left AU and there were never any of these types of issues at AU, people on this board would totallllly slam other schools that took on the Cam Newton's, the Nick Marshall's, the Tray Matthews', the Cinmeon Bowers', the Trayvon Reed's of the world.

People would even call Georgia THUGA just because they danced on the sideline while whipping AU's butts.

Funny how that's changed, although I do find it interesting how hypocritical some people can be. We should just realize it and recognize it. AU gives lots of second (and third) chances.

zing!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just glad everyone is seeing what I've known since birth. :)

Been perusing the Carolina boards a bit...and I must say...I didn't realize that some South Carolina fans HATE US as much as they do. Talking about us buying players...cheating...etc. Just ridiculous stuff. I don't understand the reason for what seems to be such a deep rooted hostility. Other than us beating them a few times...what gives?!

Heads up, that's what the entire SEC thinks of us.

Yep, which is why I will never pull for an SEC team other than AU.

i had been pulling for usc because i like spurier. No more.

Short and sweet...it's WINNING! The reason no ones hates Kentucky and Vandy is because they don't win and there is no sense hating. We're on top more than not, and in a decade of the East being down they haven't got much to show for it.

I don't have a problem with it, because before Tuberville left AU and there were never any of these types of issues at AU, people on this board would totallllly slam other schools that took on the Cam Newton's, the Nick Marshall's, the Tray Matthews', the Cinmeon Bowers', the Trayvon Reed's of the world.

People would even call Georgia THUGA just because they danced on the sideline while whipping AU's butts.

Funny how that's changed, although I do find it interesting how hypocritical some people can be. We should just realize it and recognize it. AU gives lots of second (and third) chances.

Georgia is still thuga as long as mark ritchis there. I see him changing it is as likely as him actually winning championships.

But.......isn't it weird that some of these "thugs" that Richt has are too "thuggish" for "THUGA" and they kick them out but AU has no problem taking them? Marshall and Matthews fall under this category. AND Marshall screwed up again when he was supposed to be on a short leash on his second chance. What does that say about AU?

Not hating or anything just trying to look at things objectively.

I choose to look at it another way: these kids aren't having the same behavioral issues at Auburn that they repeatedly have at UGA. It seemed like maybe it was getting that way under Chizik, but it has not been that way under Gus. EDIT: Meant to add that I have absolutely no problem with Marshall's completely benign weed issue. It can't be said enough: if you have a problem with him for that, then you have a problem with most college football players.

My only problem- and it continues to worry me- is that we were allegedly recruiting that dude who choked his girlfriend. If we had signed that guy, then pretty much everything folks say would be true of our program. It bothers me that we even flirted with the idea.

Georgia is still thuga as long as mark ritchis there. I see him changing it is as likely as him actually winning championships.

But.......isn't it weird that some of these "thugs" that Richt has are too "thuggish" for "THUGA" and they kick them out but AU has no problem taking them? Marshall and Matthews fall under this category. AND Marshall screwed up again when he was supposed to be on a short leash on his second chance. What does that say about AU?

I choose to look at it another way: these kids aren't having the same behavioral issues at Auburn that they repeatedly have at UGA. It seemed like maybe it was getting that way under Chizik, but it has not been that way under Gus. EDIT: Meant to add that I have absolutely no problem with Marshall's completely benign weed issue. It can't be said enough: if you have a problem with him for that, then you have a problem with most college football players.

My only problem- and it continues to worry me- is that we were allegedly recruiting that dude who choked his girlfriend. If we had signed that guy, then pretty much everything folks say would be true of our program. It bothers me that we even flirted with the idea.

That is a fair take on it. I don't have a problem with the weed issue for NM, particularly. I do, however, have a problem with him being stupid enough to ride around with it in his car, in a position to get caught, considering he is a high profile person. I don't know if we are still recruiting the guy who choked his GF, but it didn't surprise me that much. I mean, not saying the offenses are the same, but Gus also knew exactly what Mike Dyer did at AU with the drug tests and volunteering his gun to an armed robbery, and still wanted him to goto Arky State with him. This is just my opinion, but I think Gus is more than wiling to let some red flags slide if the kid is talented.

*Failing the drug tests for Dyer isn't the big deal IMO, but the repeated nature of this is what is troubling. Of course, if Chiz didn't want to discipline him for that how will he truly know that what he is doing has consequences?

That is a fair take on it. I don't have a problem with the weed issue for NM, particularly. I do, however, have a problem with him being stupid enough to ride around with it in his car, in a position to get caught, considering he is a high profile person. I don't know if we are still recruiting the guy who choked his GF, but it didn't surprise me that much. I mean, not saying the offenses are the same, but Gus also knew exactly what Mike Dyer did at AU with the drug tests and volunteering his gun to an armed robbery, and still wanted him to goto Arky State with him. This is just my opinion, but I think Gus is more than wiling to let some red flags slide if the kid is talented.

*Failing the drug tests for Dyer isn't the big deal IMO, but the repeated nature of this is what is troubling. Of course, if Chiz didn't want to discipline him for that how will he truly know that what he is doing has consequences?

Good points, all.

I probably turn a little extra homer when it comes to AU/UGA. I always thought of them somewhat fondly, even in the years I lived in Atlanta up until 2010. But since then, I have grown to detest every fiber of their program, so I'm loathe to concede any opinion they may have of ours.

We've also murdered them in an SEC championship game an they haven't beat us since Truman was in office... I'd hate them if they did that to us.

Mushamp to Auburn = butthurt Gamcocks. But being despised by USCe is like being hated by Oregon Ducks. They've never actually DONE anything, they're new to football success and they're across the board phenomenally gullible).

Keesler, you're probably hearing the same La. - based family blather I get. The most recent myth is Cam started the Saints fight last week by mocking Katrina (which has been roundly disclaimed by the facebook page that started it). Yep, the same Saints sanctioned by the NFL for paying players or late hits on specific QBs, including Favre and...Cam. Most Saints fans are also LSU fans tired of watching Cam's "Heisman moment" spectacular run to beat..LSU. Then salt in their wound was the NCAA repot HAMMERING media conjecture of violations based on this logic:

- Miss State offered Cam's dad money

- Cam signed with Auburn

- therefor Auburn paid to get Cam

It proves that lies become reality if repeated enough times...especially to willing believers.

We have more than our share IMO of "second chance" players....and the fact that some of them turn out to be very good at their sport amps up the complaining. If we want to bring those guys in...then we have to expect and accept the heat for it.

We have more than our share IMO of "second chance" players....and the fact that some of them turn out to be very good at their sport amps up the complaining. If we want to bring those guys in...then we have to expect and accept the heat for it.

truth. some have worked out very well too.

It's definitely true that the success of second-chance guys fuels the fire. If Cam and Nick sucked, people would laugh, but no one would care. They were amazing so everyone hates the "crooked" team that brought in those thugs.

I live in North Carolina just about 15 miles north of SC state line. Most of the USC fans are OK (about 90%) Those in the 10% group are your typical "nasty ignorant fans" that just about all SEC teams have. (except Auburn with only about 1/10 of 1%)

The rumor about CWM going to USC was nothing more than a rumor that had no substance behind it. I keep seeing this here and there, and have to laugh when I see them. I have some very reliable sources that I have kept in contact with until after CWM became our new DC. There was no way USC would come close to paying CWM what we are paying him. Spurrier has a well paid staff including the Ole ball coach.

When we start stomping the rest of the SEC next season, the love will only get worse!

I get that but SC wasn't in the mix for any of these

I live in North Carolina just about 15 miles north of SC state line. Most of the USC fans are OK (about 90%) Those in the 10% group are your typical "nasty ignorant fans" that just about all SEC teams have. (except Auburn with only about 1/10 of 1%)

The rumor about CWM going to USC was nothing more than a rumor that had no substance behind it. I keep seeing this here and there, and have to laugh when I see them. I have some very reliable sources that I have kept in contact with until after CWM became our new DC. There was no way USC would come close to paying CWM what we are paying him. Spurrier has a well paid staff including the Ole ball coach.

When we start stomping the rest of the SEC next season, the love will only get worse!

Let em. It isn't something I will worry about.

Mushamp to Auburn = butthurt Gamcocks. But being despised by USCe is like being hated by Oregon Ducks. They've never actually DONE anything, they're new to football success and they're across the board phenomenally gullible).

Keesler, you're probably hearing the same La. - based family blather I get. The most recent myth is Cam started the Saints fight last week by mocking Katrina (which has been roundly disclaimed by the facebook page that started it). Yep, the same Saints sanctioned by the NFL for paying players or late hits on specific QBs, including Favre and...Cam. Most Saints fans are also LSU fans tired of watching Cam's "Heisman moment" spectacular run to beat..LSU. Then salt in their wound was the NCAA repot HAMMERING media conjecture of violations based on this logic:

- Miss State offered Cam's dad money

- Cam signed with Auburn

- therefor Auburn paid to get Cam

It proves that lies become reality if repeated enough times...especially to willing believers.

My La family are a gullible bunch - they will believe anything on a message board (Tigerdroppings.com) and whine about arbitrary crap and create excuses of why their football team can't consistently compete with UAT & AU.

They despise anything coming from the state of Alabama ~ accuse both bama & Auburn of being the worst possible cheaters to ever field a football team, they swear both teams have the NCAA in our back pockets and they hate like hell that the NCAA performed a rectal exam on AU in 2010 and we came out with a clean colon. They are just a pitiful bunch of fans with a coach that is loved by the whole conference as the "Crazy Uncle" of the SEC.

LSU can't consistently compete with AU and Bama? Could've fooled me. Since Saban took over in Tuscaloosa, Bama has 3 SEC titles, Auburn and LSU have 2 SEC titles, and Florida has one. LSU also posted one of three undefeated SEC runs in the last decade (2009 Bama, 2010 Auburn, and 2011 LSU); they just happened to lose the national championship in startling fashion.

LSU can't consistently compete with AU and Bama? Could've fooled me. Since Saban took over in Tuscaloosa, Bama has 3 SEC titles, Auburn and LSU have 2 SEC titles, and Florida has one. LSU also posted one of three undefeated SEC runs in the last decade (2009 Bama, 2010 Auburn, and 2011 LSU); they just happened to lose the national championship in startling fashion.

If they get their qb situation resolved, Lord have mercy.

Been perusing the Carolina boards a bit...and I must say...I didn't realize that some South Carolina fans HATE US as much as they do. Talking about us buying players...cheating...etc. Just ridiculous stuff. I don't understand the reason for what seems to be such a deep rooted hostility. Other than us beating them a few times...what gives?!

They jelly. If you are hated by other teams/fan bases you are doing something right.

I don't understand why you would ever look at other teams boards anyway? What purpose does it serve? The only place I go to besides here and 247 is Reddit.com/r/cfb.. It's a huge community of fans from all over. The best discussions on CFB I've ever been able to experience. But, of course, I come here first because AUB is the best team ever!

Well, because I enjoy seeing what's going on with other teams...that's why! LOL!

...and that's the only reason I need in America. :-)

The best place to find the a*******s for most teams is on their sports blogs. Fortunately, most of the people posting on those boards don't actually represent the majority thinking of their alums and fans....at least that's my observation.

Archived