Why such hate from Carolina fans?!

SKCAUB

I have family in south Louisiana and catch grief non-stop from those folks - they hate AU with a passion.

Yup. We also bought Trovon Reed and Greg Robinson out of Thibodaux, if anybody's keeping score. And let's not forget that an LSU fan wrote "As the Plains Burn".

I think the whole scenario started with Tub's cigar game. I was at that game and clearly remember how despondent the LSU fans were during and after the game. I remember the band playing "Happy Birthday" for coach Tuberville when the game was over as folks cleared out of the stadium. I had no idea of the cigars. One thing that folks need to know is that LSU hates bammers far worse than Auburn.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have more than our share IMO of "second chance" players....and the fact that some of them turn out to be very good at their sport amps up the complaining. If we want to bring those guys in...then we have to expect and accept the heat for it.

I used to hate the second chances given by AU and every other team in the game. However, a while back Bobby Bowden made a great point. Most of these guys have no fathers, no money, and no future outside of football. Football is the reason they are in college, and without it, they are back home. This is their future and it's all some of them have.

As far as giving second chances, that's just what a Family does. I think everyone deserves a second chance....in most cases. With success comes hate in many cases.

South Carolina fans are basically harmless. They are just a little hurt right now and they are reacting. But what they are really mad at is the way their own AD didn't take the steps necessary to be a winning program and this is just another reminder for them. Generally speaking their real vitriol is saved for Georgia and Clemson.

As far as the UGA, Bama and LSU fans, if it bothers you just learn how to give it right back to them. It's almost funny the way they will back down when challenged, especially with facts. In reality they have more to defend than we do. The last time AU was on football probation was over 20 years ago. In the meantime, Bama was on probation for years and LSU just got off probation a little over 2 years ago.

As far as giving second chances, that's just what a Family does. I think everyone deserves a second chance....in most cases. With success comes hate in many cases.

We give outstanding athletes a second chance. JMO but this family and second chance stuff is just an attempt to justify what we do too often. ...I doubt we give most other student applicants the same benefit of the doubt when they want to transfer to AU after being booted out of another university.

South Carolina fans are basically harmless. They are just a little hurt right now and they are reacting. But what they are really mad at is the way their own AD didn't take the steps necessary to be a winning program and this is just another reminder for them. Generally speaking their real vitriol is saved for Georgia and Clemson.

As far as the UGA, Bama and LSU fans, if it bothers you just learn how to give it right back to them. It's almost funny the way they will back down when challenged, especially with facts. In reality they have more to defend than we do. The last time AU was on football probation was over 20 years ago. In the meantime, Bama was on probation for years and LSU is on it now.

LSU isn't on probation. They went on probation July 19, 2011 for one year. It's long since expired.

Before we get too down on ourselves let me just say that Alabama does the exact same thing as we are accused of doing.

The Jonathan Taylor guy mentioned in this thread. ..you know the guy we stopped recruiting...that choked his girlfriend, guess where he took a visit this past saturday? Bama! Also DJ Pettway is starting on their defense. He is one of the 3 that was convicted of robbing students on Alabamas campus after knocking them unconscious and then using a credit card to buy snacks from a cending machine. One of UGAs tight ends, forget his name, got in trouble last year for couple things last year just like Tray Mathews and transfers straight to Bama. Fluker that was on the Bama 2012 championship team was accused last of taking money and going on vacations with his girlfriend.

And don't forget Jeremy Hill that was on a 2 year probabtionary period for engaging is sexual acts with a 14 year old (he must have been 17 or 18 when this happened) and then beat a guy unconscious at a bar got off light and still played football last year.

My point is that this is not unique in the slightest to Auburn but why is it constantly mentioned when ESPN announcers talk about the career path of our players?

As far as the UGA, Bama and LSU fans, if it bothers you just learn how to give it right back to them. It's almost funny the way they will back down when challenged, especially with facts. In reality they have more to defend than we do. The last time AU was on football probation was over 20 years ago. In the meantime, Bama was on probation for years and LSU is on it now.

LSU isn't on probation. They went on probation July 19, 2011 for one year. It's long since expired.

Ahh, I was thinking they got more than 1 year for that. OK, I amend my last sentence to read, "LSU just got off probation a little over 2 years ago".

I must live a charmed life because I don't see Auburn hate like that described in this thread. I live in Georgia and most of my non-Auburn acquaintances like Auburn because of our rivalry with Bama. The hate I see over here is mostly directed at Bama.

I don't see a lot of it and anything related to football that comes out of UGA, UA, or LSU fans' mouth pertaining to footaball I ignore.

In my area of north Florida i knew maybe 5 families that likes Alabama during the late 90's until the Saban era. Now half of this town seems to think they can discuss this rivalry with me? None of them speak poorly of Auburn's issues for two reasons

1)local punk and major recruit Eddie Williams is the poster child around here for going to alabama and getting arrested

2)they come here for spring break every year. Disrespect the police officers and cause issues with local hotel owners.

Mark Ingram (driving a brand new escalade in his junior year) asked a police officer "do you know who I am? You can't do **** to me b****"

Trent Richardson and Julio jones both dissed little kids wanting their autographs and both started huge fights at clubs while they were down here... It just keeps going. So even the band wagon fans know to be quiet around here

I hate everything about UGA. The majority of the state, it's players, its fans, and even their wrestling programs all annoy me. They can talk to me about football once they've won the SEC again or they go a season without 10 arrest. I don't dog talk them *ba dum ts * about these arrest but they can't accuse us of anything.

Finally, there are LSU fans. I haven't met many (other than at games) but I have no issue with the ones I have. Only complaint is that the Lousiana accent is one of the most painful to head for me personally.

I agree, that is the perception of some. But most people outside of the SEC respect Auburn and love the fans and the community. We take pride in welcoming fans to visit. That is unlike anywhere else. We do welcome in the "troublemakers" but what happens when they come to Auburn? They behave. Minus the Marshall incident this past summer, they have all behaved. If they don't, Gus gives them the 3rd degree for it, unlike a lot of other coaches. I'm not sure about the Chizik era with all of that, but Gus believes in giving guys second chances. And there is nothing wrong with that. And as for paying players, every big successful school deals with that. If we paid our players, then why have quite a few switched to Bama at the last minute? Wouldn't make sense to me.

Before we get too down on ourselves let me just say that Alabama does the exact same thing as we are accused of doing.

The Jonathan Taylor guy mentioned in this thread. ..you know the guy we stopped recruiting...that choked his girlfriend, guess where he took a visit this past saturday? Bama! Also DJ Pettway is starting on their defense. He is one of the 3 that was convicted of robbing students on Alabamas campus after knocking them unconscious and then using a credit card to buy snacks from a cending machine. One of UGAs tight ends, forget his name, got in trouble last year for couple things last year just like Tray Mathews and transfers straight to Bama. Fluker that was on the Bama 2012 championship team was accused last of taking money and going on vacations with his girlfriend.

And don't forget Jeremy Hill that was on a 2 year probabtionary period for engaging is sexual acts with a 14 year old (he must have been 17 or 18 when this happened) and then beat a guy unconscious at a bar got off light and still played football last year.

My point is that this is not unique in the slightest to Auburn but why is it constantly mentioned when ESPN announcers talk about the career path of our players?

^^This^^ Every off season, every team will make the papers because players get in trouble. Nothing wrong w giving second chance as long as it isn't a violent crime, IMO, 1 second chance.

I must live a charmed life because I don't see Auburn hate like that described in this thread. I live in Georgia and most of my non-Auburn acquaintances like Auburn because of our rivalry with Bama. The hate I see over here is mostly directed at Bama.

^^this^^ as well! We live amongst UGA folk living 5 miles from the line. Most Dawg fans like AU, but freakin hate Bammer. Vice versa around here, our common goal, hate Bammer! Lol A friend of mine's hubby is a USCe fan. They go to AU/USCe every year, well they used to. She said the last time they went to SC to the game she was afraid for her life in her AU jersey, even being w her hubby in his USCe jersey. He had to get her outta there after several verbal exchanges that almost became physical. They won't go back there to the game.

The only fan base I have had to argue about AU w is Bammers. Things AU seen to matter only to them. Everyone else I have ever met in several states are very nice, but most hate Bammer. Most ppl though are content if you just love football too and love the chance to have a football conversation.

We give outstanding athletes a second chance. JMO but this family and second chance stuff is just an attempt to justify what we do too often. ...I doubt we give most other student applicants the same benefit of the doubt when they want to transfer to AU after being booted out of another university.

Wow. Even you buy into the falsehoods. Neither Cam, Nick nor Tray Matthews were kicked out of school. They were kicked off their football teams. Big difference.

At the South Carolina game this year many usc fans said they wanted Coach Ellis back. Now they can have him.

^^^^^^. They can get him on the cheap now and have us to thank.

I get the mentality that we "buy " players is there. But seriously don't they think we would have bought some end rushers if we were into that?

LOL! :laugh::hellyeah:

Anybody wanna be a USCe fan?

NO history (outside of LOSING bowl games)

Brad Scott (former Clemson coach) helped them to their FIRST bowl win (in 1995).... NINETEEN NINETY-FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who'se worried about USCe attitude????

Archived