***12/15/14 Updates - Bowl Prep Edition***

RunInRed

B47jMitCEAA4P_H.jpg

via @AlbertCesare

B47mNJYCIAIAjbO.jpg

via @bennettphoto

Gus Malzahn is scheduled to speak with us any moment now. The Tigers started Outback Bowl practice today.

Malzahn: "The last 48 hours have been tough and challenging. We lost a member of our family that was close to our players and coaches."

Malzahn said the players will wear a No. 31 helmet decal at the Outback Bowl in memory of Jakell Mitchell.

Malzahn: "We had a team meeting yesterday. We had professional counselors here. It was good for our players and coaches."

Malzahn said he has talked to Jakell Mitchell's family "several times" since Sunday morning.

Malzahn: "It breaks your heart...for his family, for our football family."

Malzahn on keeping players away from the Tiger Lodge complex: "Well, I mean, we want our players in safe places...positive places."

Malzahn on Mitchell: "I've known him for a long time. There are a lot of memories...his smile. I think about the off-the-field things."

Malzahn said Mitchell "was going to be an outstanding player" at Auburn.

Malzahn said No. 1 JUCO RB Jovon Robinson got "some work" today at practice.

Malzahn said Travis Williams is coaching Auburn's linebackers during bowl practice.

@JFergusonAU

image.jpg

via @FootballAU

image.jpg

via @FootballAU

B47kLxLCIAAFhnN.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

image.jpg

via @FootballAU

image.jpg

via @FootballAU

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like that Muschamp picture needs it's own caption thread. Camera caught him right at the perfect "What the heck am I watching" face.

RunInRed - You Da Man! Always Bringing Great Contributions! Thanks for posting all of these! They always get me pumped up about our Tigers! Keep it Coming and Thanks Again!

I would like to have a recorder in WM's head as he's watching . . . I have a feeling it would come with a parental warning advisory at the beginning!

I'm guessing that Williams is being promoted and this is not just for the bowl game.

It might be a sort of interview, I suppose. But sometimes things like that don't work out too well. Williams might do a great job and still not be included among the on-field coaches in the new staff. We'll see, I guess.

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

What tha he!!? ya gottta be kiddin me!

C'mon, man! The last thing these young men need is someone taking shots at their ability. CWM stated that the front 7 has a lot of talent. Let's hold off with the innuendo. Thanks

Archived