***12/15/14 Updates - Bowl Prep Edition***

RunInRed

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

What tha he!!? ya gottta be kiddin me!

C'mon, man! The last thing these young men need is someone taking shots at their ability. CWM stated that the front 7 has a lot of talent. Let's hold off with the innuendo. Thanks

So ya really think 'these young men' will pay any attention to what I have to say. You give me way too much credit. I appreciate it though.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

C'mon, man! The last thing these young men need is someone taking shots at their ability. CWM stated that the front 7 has a lot of talent. Let's hold off with the innuendo. Thanks

So ya really think 'these young men' will pay any attention to what I have to say. You give me way too much credit. I appreciate it though.

I spent an hour with close to 20 of them this evening in Opelika. Yes, they pay attention. More than you know.

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

I spent an hour with close to 20 of them this evening in Opelika. Yes, they pay attention. More than you know.

Damn.

I'm of the opinion that football practice is going to be half football and half therapy for the next month. If it helps guys move forward, the game served its purpose. I could give a damn less who wins a throw-away bowl game. Give these guys something else to think about. That's good enough right now.

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

They need to be more concerned with the product on the field than what a middle aged fan has to say in a forum.

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

Damn.

From what I can tell about Muschamp, the only thing I bet he is thinking is "I really wanna jump in there and coach, this standing around observing sucks"

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

They need to be more concerned with the product on the field than what a middle aged fan has to say in a forum.

This just in: teenagers browse the Internet AND function in the real world! Don't be surprised they read us...but don't let it go to your head.

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

Damn.

From what I can tell about Muschamp, the only thing I bet he is thinking is "I really wanna jump in there and coach, this standing around observing sucks"

Yup, a new coach can't come in guns blazing without knowing anything about his players and it's painful to want to act like you usually do but restraining.

He'll start being able to let loose soon enough

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

No doubt they are. EMT's point still stands, though. I realize you were half joking. But words can hurt, and these kids are already hurting. We should all always assume that folks on the team read what we write.

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

A middle aged fan should have more sense.

JLPavO8.jpg

via @wwader

A middle aged fan should have more sense.

BOOM! (It felt necessary)

Now back to bowl practice. He may just be observing and I may have missed it, but he'll still be at the bowl game for "moral support", IMO.

Our defensive players were lazy last year. Missed assignments, poor tackling. Some feelings need to get hurt. Maybe not by message board posters, but by coaches who can develop these players.

Poor fundamentals and poor coaching doesn't mean lazy.

This is the most sensitive football forum in the history of the internet. By the way some of y'all act, you'd think we're critiquing our children's ballet recital. If our players really do get their feelings hurt this easily then it's no wonder these 3,4 and 5* athletes have underachieved 3 out of the past 4 seasons.

This is the most sensitive football forum in the history of the internet. By the way some of y'all act, you'd think we're critiquing our children's ballet recital. If our players really do get their feelings hurt this easily then it's no wonder these 3,4 and 5* athletes have underachieved 3 out of the past 4 seasons.

Didn't know you were an internet historian.

Our defensive players were lazy last year. Missed assignments, poor tackling. Some feelings need to get hurt. Maybe not by message board posters, but by coaches who can develop these players.

Poor fundamentals and poor coaching doesn't mean lazy.

A lack of accountability is the missing piece. I don't doubt our guys were taught to be in position.

Didn't know you were an internet historian.

S

i

c

k

B

u

r

n

B

r

u

h

Very very true. Our guys fought their butts off last year.

Working hard and working smart are two different things. Did they take the lessons to heart? Did they learn from mistakes? They put in effort but not in the right way. They didn't work enough to improve.

What I take from that photo is that Muschamp just looks like a DC. One thing I do know is that now, there will be a grizzly bear roaming the sidelines during the game, coaching up his defensive players and holding them accountable. I like that.

What I take from that photo is that Muschamp just looks like a DC. One thing I do know is that now, there will be a grizzly bear roaming the sidelines during the game, coaching up his defensive players and holding them accountable. I like that.

Sounds right to me.

I've talked to several players (past and present) and I can tell you with 100% certainty they read THIS forum and the others. It would be nice to have a sticky reminding everyone of this.

If people do not believe that players were not looking at forums like this one especially during times of coaching changes for information, they are foolish.

I've talked to several players (past and present) and I can tell you with 100% certainty they read THIS forum and the others. It would be nice to have a sticky reminding everyone of this.

So we should post only good things? All the time? I agree, calling out specific players has no place here, but if you can't say "this (position group) underperfomed/looks terrible" or "wow, we look like **** in this area" I don't see the point in a message board. Although I do forget, we now live in the days of the "effort trophy" mentality, so maybe I am expecting too much out of a college kid's mental toughness and my .02 opinion on a message board does break their psyche. Thanks for letting me know about this power of persuasion I didn't know I had!

Now, bowl practice (the subject of this thread). Does anyone know the playing time plans? Are we going to lean heavy on the seniors at positions to send them out of their time at AU, or do we see some non-starters during the year getting a quarter or two to cut their teeth?

*Let me clarify: What my first paragraph referred to is mostly of in-season stuff where we have the sunshine pumper vs doom and gloom crowd with a minor sandwich of realistic people in the middle. In no way, do I hold these players during bowl season to that standard after they lost a brother. Focus is going to be hard for them the next month, and the reason there has absolutely NOTHING to do with mental toughness, but everything to do with losing a brother they care about, so please do not read anything in my post with ill-intent toward the current tragic situation

Aye...so?

Archived